• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

McBeast 's quote, inspiring or cocky

Another cliche inspirational quote posted by an athlete. Alert the media.

Why is this a thread? Isn't there mods to remove this kind of nonsense?

DGCR, over analyzing while under delivering - as usual :thmbup:

Seriously...it's an inspirational quote he found, and then posted on his IG. I guess some folks have nothing better to do. Should be in the field throwing.

Not cocky. If you want to be the best in the world at something, you have to believe you are the best and believe that you can beat every single person you play against.

Which is even more embarrassing IMO.

How's that? Millions of people post stuff on IG/Twatter/FB regarding someone else's quote. Hell people here have other's quotes in their signature lines. During my days as a competitive power lifter I would write quotes on the gym wall, Metroflex gym in Arlington is full of people's quotes on the wall for inspiration. He's using the quote for what it's meant to be used for. Even in disc golf, having that no holds barred, cut throat mentality is what makes him a champion. Knowing he has to keep working and busting his ass to be #1.

DGCR, over analyzing while under delivering - as usual :thmbup:

And we love it!

In any sport, I'm impressed by athletes who make it to the top and then maintain the drive and stick-to-it-iveness to stay there for years. Guys like Cristiano Ronaldo, Kobe Bryant, Tom Brady, etc. In this sport, Paul McBeth is such a guy. But for guys like that to stay at the top, they need to dig deep for inspiration to keep pushing. I think that's what this is. It's not supposed to be inspirational to us; it's inspirational to Paul. It's thoughts like this that might help him not lose his edge and get overtaken by one of the many good disc golfers around.

Paul has said plenty right here on DGCR. Read his 2,000+ posts. You'll get a great picture of the 4X champ.

I like and respect McBeth for what he has accomplished. But this quote really makes no sense related to disc golf. He isn't catching a pass over the middle or stepping into the mma ring.

I'd be interested to see the reaction of his competitors if he actually said this to them on the course.

Not his nature to ever do that, he's a class act. I doubt you'll ever see him be anything but respectful to his competitors and the sport.

@paul_mcbeth said "I succeed because im willing to do the things you are not. I will fight against the odds. i will sacrifice. im not shackled by fear, insecurity, or doubt. I feel those emotions--drink them in and then swallow them away to the blackness of hell. im motivated by accomplishment, not pride. pride consumes the weak--kills their heart from within. If i fall-- i will get up. if im beaten--i will return. i will never stop getting better. i will never give up--ever"

So much for... "hey...it's all about having fun out on the course..."

Dizzy Dean, I believe, said "it ain't braggin' if you can do it". Cool motivation for one of a chosen few who is actually making a living playing disc. This being said, he didn't really need to share with the rest of us. The "over sharing" on social media is pretty ridiculous.

You must not have sandworms on your disc golf course. Those things can be a nightmare.

For those scratching their heads over this one:

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
Frank Herbert, Dune

How's that? Millions of people post stuff on IG/Twatter/FB regarding someone else's quote. Hell people here have other's quotes in their signature lines. During my days as a competitive power lifter I would write quotes on the gym wall, Metroflex gym in Arlington is full of people's quotes on the wall for inspiration. He's using the quote for what it's meant to be used for. Even in disc golf, having that no holds barred, cut throat mentality is what makes him a champion. Knowing he has to keep working and busting his ass to be #1.
I'm a big fan of Paul, but romanticization in any form makes me nauseous and embarrassed for all those involved.

It's all good. He's the best player in his sport, and by a decent margin. He can say/post whatever motivational crap he wants.

I honestly got douche chills reading some of these responses.
The guy posted a quote that inspires him. K?

Paul is a great guy.
And he's he best player in this sport by a lot.

"When you little scamps get together, you're worse than a sewing circle."

I honestly got douche chills reading some of these responses.
leavethedouche.png

(Not original)

Latest posts