• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

McBeth beats Wysocki in their last tournament of year

Seems to me like McBeth is the better putter - that dude seems to drain everything.

McBeth is definitely more consistent overall, but Ricky can and does catch fire and just make everything inside of like 80 feet. Its pretty sick.

Seems to me like McBeth is the better putter - that dude seems to drain everything.
If we're talking consistency, then I would agree; the dude is pretty automatic from forty feet or so and in, but he can also get in a bit of a two putt groove by leaving putts short and hitting the basket, although it seems he's mostly corrected this. However, when Ricky is having an on day with putting, forget about catching him; just watch the Texas States tourney or w/e it was called that SpinTV has the coverage on; he was making ridiculous putts with pinpoint accuracy and just took over.

But at the end of the day, both of these guys keep getting better; I'm really looking forward to the tour next year, it's going to be absolutely insane!

Putting, I would rate them about even, with a slight edge possibly to PM. Ricky can putt, too.

McBeth works on his game constantly, because he knows that everyone i s close on his heels, and because he's just dedicated to being the best.

I do have a lot of respect for Ricky and I believe that he will learn from his mistakes.

I think McBeth distances himself with his mental game. There's no one else I would bet on in pressure situations right now than McBeth. In the Worlds playoff he looked like he'd just teed off for the day while Wysocki was sweating bullets. I didn't get to see The Champ play during his streak, but I imagine he had the same thing going on.

Regardless of who's better, I can't wait for next season.

This is a bit of topic but who do you guys think will be #3 behind these guys for the next couple years?

For those of you saying winthrop doesnt play well to Ricky's style, the Texas State cpurse this year was set up with lots of tight, artificial OB. Ricky went OB twice all weekend. Paul went OB 4 times in one round. Wind was absolutely crazy except for the second round.

I think Simon's mental game will improve a lot after having a year under his belt and he will be force. He currently takes the high-risk, high-reward, high-entertainment route too often and it catches up to him in a lot of tournaments. Every part of his game is solid.

Also, Doss is still consistently great. McCray is close, and I could see Shusterick having a bounce back year.

McBeast is the best in the game right now, without a doubt.

That being said... Ricky has an insane ceiling on his game right now. Arguably the best FH on tour, a BH that can match anyone, and, as someone said, when his putting is on he nearly makes everything from 100' and in. Actually, on sheer physical talent and potential I might even give him the nod over Paul. But McBeth's mental game is top notch, seems to have ice in his veins. If Ricky can find the same consistency and "learn how to win" (closing out tournaments, making the clutch shots, managing the course, etc.), there is no limit to what he could accomplish.

Edit: I also agree with the above poster. I am excited to see Lizotte next year... He may just go off. Another one with insane potential.

McBeast is the best in the game right now, without a doubt.

That being said... Ricky has an insane ceiling on his game right now. Arguably the best FH on tour, a BH that can match anyone, and, as someone said, when his putting is on he nearly makes everything from 100' and in. Actually, on sheer physical talent and potential I might even give him the nod over Paul. But McBeth's mental game is top notch, seems to have ice in his veins. If Ricky can find the same consistency and "learn how to win" (closing out tournaments, making the clutch shots, managing the course, etc.), there is no limit to what he could accomplish.

did you watch the video of ricky forcefully bending BRP over without its consent at the majestic?

This is a bit of topic but who do you guys think will be #3 behind these guys for the next couple years?

How old is Nate Doss? If he gets his putting sorted out I'd give him the nod, with Lizotte and McCray tied for fourth. And then there is Big Jerm, McCabe if he gets everything sorted, and so on and so forth, but I'd say Doss, Lizotte, Jerm, and McCray are probably locked into that second tier behind Paul and Ricky.

How old is Nate Doss? If he gets his putting sorted out I'd give him the nod, with Lizotte and McCray tied for fourth. And then there is Big Jerm, McCabe if he gets everything sorted, and so on and so forth, but I'd say Doss, Lizotte, Jerm, and McCray are probably locked into that second tier behind Paul and Ricky.

All those guys would be in the conversation, though I don't see McCabe being the threat he once was. And he'd taken a lot of heat lately but Feldburg still has top 5 talent if he's healthy.

KJ Nybo belongs in those talks as well.

I hope Johne doesn't have issues switching putters. If he keeps putting like he did at Worlds, Uli could have one hell of a year. Depending on how much he travels, Steve Rico could be up there as well.

rico clean up his putts? for a while he was wobbly as hell on those. like val jenkins putting too. its amazing to watch such a high caliber player putt so messy

I do think that Ricky and Paul are quite a bit ahead of the rest of the pack right now. But the talent field is so deep that you could easily the next 10-15 names out their and it would make plenty of sense. If I were a betting man my money would be on JohnE. I'm sure the first year on tour is a difficult transition for anyone, with a year of experience touring under his belt I think he'll be all over the young guns in 2015. Simon has got more talent then anyone, but I'm not sure he's their yet from a dedication/work ethic/preparation perspective. He's young and I'm sure he's maturing, but I just don't see the intensity and drive from him yet. If Doss ever starts putting like he used to he'll be up their again. I have no idea what happened to his putting, but he's still consistently at the top of the leaderboard without ever seeming to string multiple quality putts together

rico clean up his putts? for a while he was wobbly as hell on those. like val jenkins putting too. its amazing to watch such a high caliber player putt so messy

Rico still putts with a wobble, but he has for 20 years. He's still one of the best putters on the tour, and the wobble is just part of his style. It can be bizarre to see the handful of top players with such unique putting styles though. Doss, Anthon, Brinster, Rico (Ballerina Putt) all come to mind.

KJ Nybo belongs in those talks as well.

I would agree, except that I'm pretty sure he stays in Europe and only comes to the US for a handful of events. It's pretty hard to be considered right behind the top two guys in the sport when you only play them once or twice a year. Now, to see him on a full-time US tour would be something incredible.

Also, to Broken Shoulder's point, Nate Sexton could definitely be up there, but like KJ, he doesn't necessarily tour a whole lot.

That's because it's disc golf not boxing. Nicklaus/Palmer might be a better comparison.
Swing and a miss there dude. I was making an offhanded comment about rivalry, not a valid comparison of one from another sport.

Latest posts