• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Mcbeth star destroyers

I wish I was watching the site... I wasn't able to pick up a Proto Leopard3, they sold out of both not even within the hour! Lucky I got a couple in reserve from the VIP members.

Haha, the weirdness with the Grand Slam Destroyer inventory is coming from the fact that they're only allowing 1 per customer but their system lets you order more, so most people (like myself) probably didn't see the "1 per customer" limit and ordered multiples, which reduced the inventory to 0, but then DGC refunds you for all but 1 and bumps the inventory back up on the site. I understand order limits, but 1 per customer is pretty low. Even people who only want to throw them and aren't looking to flip or hoard might want 2 or 3...

Haha, the weirdness with the Grand Slam Destroyer inventory is coming from the fact that they're only allowing 1 per customer but their system lets you order more, so most people (like myself) probably didn't see the "1 per customer" limit and ordered multiples, which reduced the inventory to 0, but then DGC refunds you for all but 1 and bumps the inventory back up on the site. I understand order limits, but 1 per customer is pretty low. Even people who only want to throw them and aren't looking to flip or hoard might want 2 or 3...

Yep, I ordered a handful only to notice the limit later. Oh well, at least I got one. Haven't been very successful getting these so far.

My local shop got them in today and this run molded up nice. No weird shapes, everything is very smooth looking if that makes sense.

L3s on the other hand I wasn't too impressed with. My blue color glow is flatter than any of the stock stamps they had.

for those looking for the grand slams, glide disc golf has them. hit them up on fb and they'll mail them to you, doesn't seem like they have a purchasing limit either.

Soooo now that people have their hands on the grand slams, can anyone say if they are the same run as the halloween/mcbeth ones (flat, destrulcan-ish wing, super OS), or is this the same run?

I haven't thrown any of mine, but none of them resemble anything close to what I'd call a destrulcan. I ordered a bunch of star destroyers for a tournament in august, and these look nothing like the ones I received in my custom order.

Walked into my local shop (Disc Caddie) and they've got the shipment of Grand Slam Destroyers and protostar L3's just sitting there unopened. :hfive:

They let me go through the box and pick out whatever I wanted, got two of each. :thmbup:

I just talked to Mike at Glide Disc Golf and he was super nice and helpful. He's sending me 3 Grand Slams for $20 each with priority shipping included. He went through their weights/colors for me and even picked out the 3 with the biggest domes. He said most were fairly flat, but a few had some dome. He was super helpful, so I'd definitely recommend them. I think they have 8 left if anyone wants to pick some up.

Got a black 175 4x in the mail yesterday. It has a bit of dome to it.

Marshall Street Disc Golf has the Grand Slam Destroyers in stock right now too... not very many left.

Went to my local shop today and felt up all of the Grand Slam Destroyers, none of them were domey, they were all really stiff for Star plastic, none were Destrulcan, all were 175, bought a blue one, threw it several times, I have plenty of power and that sucker is very overstable, reminds of the really overstable SDS (though not domey), this stiff plastic will probably stay overstable for a long time.

Latest posts