• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Medium Size Bag, Relatively Inexpensive?

I you are just looking for a medium bag since you have straps and you are only concerned about carrying discs and some small stuff, the Innova deluxe bag will work great for your needs. I currently carry 21 total discs, 1 putter, 4 mids and 14 fairway and distance drivers in the main compartment and a fairway driver and putter in the putter pocket. The discs would probably fit 1 or 2 mores discs in the bag without the divider. There is also a video where a guy converted the large side pocket to hold more discs. If you look on amazon you can get one for $35 with free shipping. Good luck

Are you using straps with that?

I currently have the smallest fade bag available (fade lite) and while it served me well, it's currently almost full with 8 discs. I've gotten LOADS better than when I first had it, and my arsenal of disks is quickly expanding. Eventually I'd like to have an overstable/stable/understable setup for drivers/mids and a couple putters.

My birthday is coming up and I'm either going to request a new bag or loads of discs. Unless I can find a 16-disc bag or so for under $80 at max, It'll be either/or and I can't really justify getting a huge new bag with only 8 discs to put in it.

My only issue is I don't want to "outgrow" a bag like that after spending money on it and have to upgrade quickly.

I had no idea legitimate bags were so expensive :(

Are you using straps with that?

I currently have the smallest fade bag available (fade lite) and while it served me well, it's currently almost full with 8 discs. I've gotten LOADS better than when I first had it, and my arsenal of disks is quickly expanding. Eventually I'd like to have an overstable/stable/understable setup for drivers/mids and a couple putters.

My birthday is coming up and I'm either going to request a new bag or loads of discs. Unless I can find a 16-disc bag or so for under $80 at max, It'll be either/or and I can't really justify getting a huge new bag with only 8 discs to put in it.

My only issue is I don't want to "outgrow" a bag like that after spending money on it and have to upgrade quickly.

I had no idea legitimate bags were so expensive :(

Yes I use Innova backpack straps and when I play in a tournament I add the the Innova Caddy Seat to it. I bought the bag and straps about a year ago (used) for $40 including shipping and the Caddy Seat (used) about 2 months ago for $20 and a disc in trade. I'm very happy with the set-up it was a big change from by Fade-lite bag. I dont see myself needing a different bag in the foreseeable future.

Keep in mind... You buy cheap, you get cheap. Fade, Innova, Lightning, etc.. They all have pretty cheap bags that will last you a year or so, maybe a little longer depending on the use. If you want to stick with it a while, you might want to consider how much wear and tear you put on your stuff.

And if you do buy a cheap bag, plasti-dip the bottom.

I currently have the smallest fade bag available (fade lite) and while it served me well, it's currently almost full with 8 discs.

Are you using mostly putters? I can get 14 discs into my Fade Lite if they're all drivers. Or my normal bag (see sig) plus 2 more Ions to practice with, no problem. Not bad for 15 bucks.

Are you using mostly putters? I can get 14 discs into my Fade Lite if they're all drivers. Or my normal bag (see sig) plus 2 more Ions to practice with, no problem. Not bad for 15 bucks.

I have a dart, skeeter, buzz, mako, and a couple others I can't remember right now that aren't as slim as drivers. I could probably ditch the mako

Keep in mind... You buy cheap, you get cheap. Fade, Innova, Lightning, etc.. They all have pretty cheap bags that will last you a year or so, maybe a little longer depending on the use. If you want to stick with it a while, you might want to consider how much wear and tear you put on your stuff.

I don't buy this. I carried my Innova Comp for three years, and it still is in great shape. No wear on the bottom at all. No broken zippers or tears in the fabric. I set my bag down so it won't slide and don't manhandle it though.

It isn't the most comfortable though. After moving on to a Squirrel Monkey and eventually an Ergo, it's an exhausting round with the Innova bag.

I disagree.

I don't buy this. I carried my Innova Comp for three years, and it still is in great shape. No wear on the bottom at all. No broken zippers or tears in the fabric. I set my bag down so it won't slide and don't manhandle it though.

It isn't the most comfortable though. After moving on to a Squirrel Monkey and eventually an Ergo, it's an exhausting round with the Innova bag.

I agree. I have a Innova Comp and it's in fine shape. I don't drag it, no tears or rips, not plasti-dipped and the bottom is fine. I also don't set it in mud either. Treat a bag like crap, I don't care if it's a weekender or a Grip, it'll deteriorate.

So OP, what did you finally decide on?

I wouldn't recommend trying to tailor your discs just to fit inside your bag.

Oh god haha no that would be stupid as hell. The mako and the buzz have a ton of overlap. That's the only think that'd make me feel like ditching it. They are very similar and the Buzzz is far superior in my
opinion so I hardly ever use the mako or the skeeter... And when I do I usually regret it haha.

I know skeeters are supposed to be easy to throw but damn that is the only disc that dives hard right on me. It's probably issues with my form but none of my other discs do it that badly.

Speaking of which, I've heard the comet is supposed to really show you what's wrong with your form. Can the same be said for a skeeter?

Sidebar here.. Straps are equally important as disc storage. Which bags have the comfy straps?

With a bag carrying that many discs, it would be wise to invest in Quads.

That said, of all the bags I've owned, Gorilla Boy makes the best straps.

So OP, what did you finally decide on?[/QUOTE]

I don't know yet, I'm never good at making decisions...... Probably the Innova Competition or DGA Elite Shield though

Sounds like a great price. I haven't heard much about the DD straps but I hope they work out well.

Fade tourney is what I have, with the DGA gel quads. My bag is about a year old, plasti-dipped the bottom right away, have noproblems with it. Just bought the fade stool to use for tourneys and long days to set the bag on, kept all my stuff nice and dry during the majestic where there was super wet ground, and kept me from having to bend over as much, doesn't sound like much but I am getting old, and am fat, and that made a difference in how I felt near the end of 27 holes all 3 days.

Fade tourney is what I have, with the DGA gel quads. My bag is about a year old, plasti-dipped the bottom right away, have noproblems with it. Just bought the fade stool to use for tourneys and long days to set the bag on, kept all my stuff nice and dry during the majestic where there was super wet ground, and kept me from having to bend over as much, doesn't sound like much but I am getting old, and am fat, and that made a difference in how I felt near the end of 27 holes all 3 days.

I would recommend a backpack to you then. I finally pulled the trigger after a long time debating whether I wanted to spend that kind of money on a disc bag. It's made a world of difference even coming from a Squirrel Monkey that maxed out at 13 discs. I carry 19 in the Ergo, and I'm still in better shape at the end of rounds. I'm 38 with bad knees and carry 50-75 extra pounds depending on my activity level.