• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Mega Millions...1.1 Billion Dollars?

Innova63

Double Eagle Member
Premium Member
What would you do first?

How would you spend it?

disclaimer...
1.1 Billion Dollars if you take the installment plan,
648.2 Million Dollars if you cash option...

What would you do first?

How would you spend it?

disclaimer...
1.1 Billion Dollars if you take the installment plan,
648.2 Million Dollars if you cash option...

I'd be more than elated to split that cash option with a dozen other winners.

1) Buy my dept lunch, give my two week notice, and wish my boss and co-workers well.

2) Road Trip!

3) New house.

4) Renovate my current condo, and let players stay there during Toboggan season.

I'd buy an abandoned mall and turn it into an air-conditioned indoor championship-level tournament course with a bar, restaurant, hotel, arcade, pro shop, hard-wired network for live video production, and an RV parking area.

Could you buy several across the country and have a little mini-chain??

:popcorn:

Heated tee pads and LED baskets would be two luxuries added to the future home course. A fully stocked bar on hole 9 as well.

I would by 1000 acres. On 100 build a house. 500 for hunting. 400 to build a true disc golf Disney Land.

Quit job.

Pay off Hidden Ridge mortgage.

Start doing all the cool things I've dreamed of at Hidden Ridge but didn't have the time or money to complete. Tee pads, some earth work, and pave the whole f%$king 1/2 mile gravel driveway.

Give my two weeks notice and start traveling. It's a big world and there's a lot I want to see.

First hire a lawyer and a financial advisor.
Then:
Clear all debt.
Give two week notice.
Buy substantial tract land.
Build a house.
Probably buy my dad a house and a new vehicle.

Practically, nothing at first aside from calling my financial advisor and hiring a lawyer. Eventually once all the pencil pushing and paperworking was completed I think I'd pay off my parents/brothers houses, setup college trusts for all the nieces and nephews. Then it'd be time to burn through a fistful of millions doing whatever struck my fancy at the moment, buy some dream cars, buy some property for a personal playground.
After that? if there's "only" $640m left and it's earning 3% interest, you're stuck having to spend $52k a day to keep up with how fast the money is growing. I feel like I could make a lot of things awesome spreading that money around in the community.

I can just imagine how awesome some of our local courses could be between the passion and drive that some of the local volunteers have, combined with an influx of cash to rent stump grinders and other land improving equipment, buy better lawn mowers, buy baskets/teepads to their hearts content

$1 million each to
--nieces and nephews for college funds, $3m
--brother, sister and good aunts & uncles, $7m
--best friends in 5 states, $20m

$500K for a disc course in each state, P2P(cheap), small cabin for caretaker, $25m

Complete rebuild and remodel for the Vanagon, $50K

Touring sea kayak and whitewater kayak, $5K

And that only comes to just over $55 million. Oh the travails of rich people....