• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Members Who Have Played 100 Courses!

I'm taking a road trip in June and should be able to notch at least 10-15 more courses on my belt. I'm going to make it a goal to get to 70 courses played by the end of '09. I'm sitting at 39 right now, but there are still plenty in DFW that I haven't played yet.

I plan to be over 100 by the end of of 2009!!! I am at 74 right now. I going to get several in Mississippi and Alabama in March, East TN in June, and St. Louis/Kansas City in October.

What kills me is that I have been playing for over 12 years, but my good friend brattenj who I helped introduce to DG about 6 years ago has managed to rack up 132 courses played and is on page 1!!!

It is pretty awesome to see everyone's stats (thanks for the tip Valk). I had no idea this site had so many members in such a short time!!!! (Nice work Tim).

I'm at 68 courses right now, so my goal is to get 100 by 2012, hopefully sooner.

I think one of the reasons the young guys can have so many courses played compared to us old guys, is that there are so many more courses now, and with the internet, they are so much easier to find then when I was their age 20 odd years ago. Just 15 years ago, there were only 423 courses, look how many we have now.

That's why it took Gregg Hosfeld 25 years to get 1000 compare to innovadude's, what 5 years?

I think it would be interesting to be able to, once you have the players listed in order, that they are ranked or numbered based on the parimeter that a person has picked. Like - you can see the first page and count down the list - okay, but what is the rank on someone who is on page twelve. I guess I could just do the math, but isn't there an algorithmn or something that could be put in that automatically renumbers people based on the stat selected.

If something like that feature were created, ten bucks says many stats on this site would become much more competative. - i.e. courses played, years played, number of discs, number of reviews, number of posts - that sort of thing. With this, I think the true male competative geekdom would come out and that would be awesome!!!:D

I'm at 68 courses right now, so my goal is to get 100 by 2012, hopefully sooner.

I think one of the reasons the young guys can have so many courses played compared to us old guys, is that there are so many more courses now, and with the internet, they are so much easier to find then when I was their age 20 odd years ago. Just 15 years ago, there were only 423 courses, look how many we have now.

That's why it took Gregg Hosfeld 25 years to get 1000 compare to innovadude's, what 5 years?

Yep, I think I'm going to to have to agree with you 100%. The mulitude of courses and easy acess of finding them (thanks mostly to DGCR) is surely making it easier to seek them out and bag em. Wish I was 20 again.

I'm at 240 or so right now (although many aren't available to reference on this site - so my total here is 159)
I love getting a chance to see new courses - one time I did 13 in a weekend (all in Oregon)

I need to find time to just go to some new places - it's harder and harder as you get older it seems.

I can remember getting up early and hitting the road with some friends so that were were at Albert Oakland by daybreak, then going on to Kansas City to play Swope, Waterworks and the two courses at Rosedale. Then just for fun we stopped at the safari course in Mexico on the way home. At the time those were the only courses we could play in that area. When we got home it was dark, so we played a round of glow at White Birch. Seven courses and over 400 miles.

Good times, good times. My wife would have my head on a platter if I tried that today. Not to mention I'd have to bathe in a vat of Ben-Gay just to get out of bed the next day.

Craig,
Glad to have you on the board, and lending your expertise to the reviews. Are you going to be out at Seneca tomorrow for the Icebowl?
Tim

I'm at 240 or so right now (although many aren't available to reference on this site - so my total here is 159)
I love getting a chance to see new courses - one time I did 13 in a weekend (all in Oregon)

I need to find time to just go to some new places - it's harder and harder as you get older it seems.

I can remember getting up early and hitting the road with some friends so that were were at Albert Oakland by daybreak, then going on to Kansas City to play Swope, Waterworks and the two courses at Rosedale. Then just for fun we stopped at the safari course in Mexico on the way home. At the time those were the only courses we could play in that area. When we got home it was dark, so we played a round of glow at White Birch. Seven courses and over 400 miles.

But in some ways it gets better. The kids are pretty much grown up and gone. My wife is perfectly happy to stay home and read plus then she doesn't have to drive around and find courses with me. She's content to send me off on my own little disc golfing excursions. I just wished I lived somewhere more centrally located. Here in the Seattle area, I've done east into Idaho and south into Oregon. Most of the courses in the Pacific Ocean have too much of a water hazard for me and British Colombia is not exactly a disc golf course hot spot.

I think it would be interesting to be able to, once you have the players listed in order, that they are ranked or numbered based on the parimeter that a person has picked. Like - you can see the first page and count down the list - okay, but what is the rank on someone who is on page twelve. I guess I could just do the math, but isn't there an algorithmn or something that could be put in that automatically renumbers people based on the stat selected.

(pg# - 1) * 20 - offset_on_page

If something like that feature were created, ten bucks says many stats on this site would become much more competative. - i.e. courses played, years played, number of discs, number of reviews, number of posts - that sort of thing. With this, I think the true male competative geekdom would come out and that would be awesome!!!:D

Not so sure that's a great idea. Do we really want jackholes marking a bunch of courses played (that they haven't really played) just so they can see their name on the first page? Or faking a started playing date? Or spewing "nice work" to every dye job thread to jack post counts?

im trying to go thru and figure if i have 100...i am real close and have 11 states played...so many variables, like courses i have played 10-15 years ago that are defunct...

No, and neither does anyone else - however I believe you are talking about .1% of the idiots out there. Everybody I have encountered so far that deals with this site - does it because these love the sport, and want to enjoy it. The site already does this in some aspects, I just thought simply that it would be interesting to add a number in front of it as yet another cool feature.

Hopefully this year I can get lots of new courses in. It's great to use this site to find courses to places I'll be traveling. Since I don't travel just for DG, I think it'll take me 6 or 7 years to hit 100 different courses.

i'm at 100 but it shows 98

thanks for this thread i don't think i would have thought to look at it that way, i've made the second page :) i have played 100 which was my goal to reach by the new year but two of them are not on here. Soon enough though i will be knocking out more courses and move up a few spots.

thanks for this thread i don't think i would have thought to look at it that way, i've made the second page :) i have played 100 which was my goal to reach by the new year but two of them are not on here. Soon enough though i will be knocking out more courses and move up a few spots.
Are they two extinct courses or two courses that aren't on here?

Latest posts