• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Members Who Have Played 100 Courses!

If you do go back, make sure you hit Lincoln Ridge as well (about 30 minutes east). You will feel like a good player again after Idlewild makes you think you should taking up knitting. Its a really good course.

Idlewild, more than any course I have ever played, demands that you stay on the fairways. Do that, and par is reachable on most holes, and birdie on a few, even for a 900-ish player.

Idlewild looks so brutal that I chickened out and played Mt. Airy instead when I was up there. Kind of glad I did because it gives me an excuse to go back.

Definitely go back.

I had a blast playing Idlewild. Hitting the line on a tough hole is extremely satisfying. And you know going in that there will be more than zero holes where you will struggle.

But the struggle makes the successes more rewarding.:D

If you do go back, make sure you hit Lincoln Ridge as well (about 30 minutes east).

Yes, Lincoln Ridge is a good course, fun to play, and much easier on your ego than Idlewild. Definitely play both. But play Lincoln Ridge off-hours, it does get crowded.

I know you're only half joking, but if you set it up correctly and got a little lucky, you could definitely get 40 in three days playing solo and really cruising.

When you say "you" could get 40 in three days, you might mean yourself, but not me - at least not without a time machine. I don't mean I would need it to lengthen the days, just to jump back into a much younger form of my body for those three days.

That's a cool idea, I hadn't thought about making #100 a big time course. Harmon Hills has been on my radar for a while and it's about 4 hours from me.

I've never done this either, but I would endorse Harmon Hills as a great option. It's definitely in my top ten and maybe in my top five.

40 courses in 3 days could be pretty easy. Just need the right area. Ive done 23 in a day with two others. 94 in 9.5 days. If I was solo I think I could do 40 in a 24 hour period in Minneapolis or Charlotte or Des Moines.

40 courses in 3 days could be pretty easy. Just need the right area. Ive done 23 in a day with two others. 94 in 9.5 days. If I was solo I think I could do 40 in a 24 hour period in Minneapolis or Charlotte or Des Moines.

That's because you're an animal man lol. :thmbup:

Just curious, was that 94 in 9.5 days in the Twin cities? I vaguely remember a Minneapolis massacre thread. Pretty sure it was you.

Idlewild looks so brutal that I chickened out and played Mt. Airy instead when I was up there. Kind of glad I did because it gives me an excuse to go back.

Idlewild is fantastic. Absolutely loved it. But since I'm not very good I actually enjoyed Lincoln Ridge more. Played it right after Idlewild. It's like Idlewild's little brother. Played Mt. Airy the next day, and while it's very nice, I'd play Lincoln Ridge over that any day. While LR isn't underrated per se, It's definitely overshadowed by it's proximity to Idlewild.

I was driving home from Illinois to NC in August just a couple weeks after the Idlewild Open. I played from the longs and maybe its because we have mostly woods golf in NC but I didn't really think it was that tough a course. It was mostly about shot shaping and that's about all we do in NC.

Don't let Idlewild intimidate you. Just go have fun!

Courses in Charlotte are very spread out. You could barely drive to 40 courses in 24 hours without even playing a single hole.

Just checked and at 107, i know there are a few i have missed, just completed a road trip from Indianapolis down to IDGC. We played 20 courses in 8 states over 7 days.

KY
TN
GA
SC
NC
VA
WV
OH

Plan on doing this again this year but will play 2 courses a day instead of 3, as a middle aged man about day 4 was when my legs started hating me. We were also in the Carolinas and Virginias on the backend of our trip and they have hills unlike anything we have in central Indiana.

When you say "you" could get 40 in three days, you might mean yourself, but not me - at least not without a time machine. I don't mean I would need it to lengthen the days, just to jump back into a much younger form of my body for those three days.

I mean, I'm 45 and still get after it pretty hard...

44 and still get after it as well, seems like that many courses in that short of time you are just there to be there, I actually like to enjoy my rounds at new courses as opposed to just bagging to add a course. that's just me though. I also don't play courses that have bad reviews just to play a course and add a number.

60+ and I am finding that a daily limit of two 18-hole courses, plus maybe a short niner, is a pace I can sustain for several days in a row (perhaps indefinitely). :)

But I am trying to keep from re-aggravating a heel injury that slowed me down for several months. One-footed disc golf doesn't work so well. :rolleyes:

My goals changed years ago and thought it would be cool to try and play everything in the state. That meant playing everything!!! Even the bad courses. With a goal of trying to play everything in California its pretty endless. Pretty impossible now. With the private, unlisted, soon to be listed, seasonal, and middle of nowhere courses its just plain tough.

Last week I went after it and bagged another 34 in California to bring my DGCR percentage to 97.5% but I'm still 10 from completing the state on dgcr, probably 20-25 on Udisc to go. Its never ending. At the beginning of my trip I had like 22 in Cali and then added a bunch of new ones. I feel 98% of the state complete will be the best I ever get again. Im going to try and get Nevada and Arizona done this year instead. Smaller manageable goals.

That's because you're an animal man lol. :thmbup:

Just curious, was that 94 in 9.5 days in the Twin cities? I vaguely remember a Minneapolis massacre thread. Pretty sure it was you.

44 and still get after it as well, seems like that many courses in that short of time you are just there to be there, I actually like to enjoy my rounds at new courses as opposed to just bagging to add a course. that's just me though. I also don't play courses that have bad reviews just to play a course and add a number.

My goals changed years ago and thought it would be cool to try and play everything in the state. That meant playing everything!!! Even the bad courses. With a goal of trying to play everything in California its pretty endless. Pretty impossible now. With the private, unlisted, soon to be listed, seasonal, and middle of nowhere courses its just plain tough.

Last week I went after it and bagged another 34 in California to bring my DGCR percentage to 97.5% but I'm still 10 from completing the state on dgcr, probably 20-25 on Udisc to go. Its never ending. At the beginning of my trip I had like 22 in Cali and then added a bunch of new ones. I feel 98% of the state complete will be the best I ever get again. Im going to try and get Nevada and Arizona done this year instead. Smaller manageable goals.

Hate to break it to you Lion - but there are 9 Cali courses on the New Courses page right now. Not sure if you added the new ones or not, but it really is a "never ending" issue. New courses - good problem to have, huh?

I added more then just those 9, plenty more in there!!! Added a few in Oregon too. Yeah I got some work ahead of me. I still have 5 more Cali courses to play this month, 2 to scratch from what I have left and 3 I'm adding once I play them soon. I will try to dedicate 3 days in the summer to getting another 12-15 in Cali. I'm more interested in trying to finish Arizona (2 left) and Nevada (4left) this spring.

Hate to break it to you Lion - but there are 9 Cali courses on the New Courses page right now. Not sure if you added the new ones or not, but it really is a "never ending" issue. New courses - good problem to have, huh?

The courses themselves have a LOT to do with it.

My body could handle ten Chicago 9'ers a day... if they're flat, compact and easy to navigate. And the local traffic allows it..

But start hitting more demanding courses that are longer and have lots of elevation, and you're lucky to manage 3/day.

At 55 my body can handle 3 x 18's/day, if they aren't too hilly and long. If they're long with lots of elevation, I can do 3, but feel it the. next day (sometimes even later the same day)...which kinda keeps me from getting 3 the next day.

For me 2/day is very sustainable for trips.
3 /day only sustainable for a few days.

But for me, it's more about which courses I can bag, rather than how many. I break up my drives by hitting what I think are the best, new to me, courses along my route, which are usually the type of courses that slow you down. Occasionally I mix in a pitch and putt 9'er if it's convenient/ just for fun, but those aren't the reason I travel for DG.

The trick is to find whatever course bagging recipe works for you, and season to taste.

FYI - UDisc scorekeeping app with it's in app navigation... really helps you get around bigger or tougher to navigate courses way easier/quicker than printed maps. I'd really like to see Tim improve DGCR's scorekeeping app with that sort of functionality,as well as ability to easily select tee and basket positions or change distance for each hole. I'd be more than willing to pay the $5/yr UDisc charges for that.

Last edited: