• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Members Who Have Played 100 Courses!

Some private courses are listed as extinct even though they still exist. You can search for them by checking "show extinct courses". You can also still a mark an extinct course as played. I've marked at least half a dozen "extinct" courses as played over the years. Most courses are on here somewhere unless they are relatively new. Furthermore, that is one way "around" being able to mark a course without it being viewable/searchable for the masses. It can be added and then immediately extincted by Tim. I wouldn't really advocate adding a private course without the owner's permission though.

Last edited:
In my profile, I list the course name, and date played. I just don't mention a location other than the state. That's not infringing on the owner's privacy. Now you know there's a course named X, in some state... good luck finding it.

This particular course (which being in MI I am sure you know--BG) is listed as extinct, now that I know to check that box. I liked this course better than Flip to be honest.

Joe's great, and his course has some of the best water holes anywhere. Bought a Blue Gill shirt a few years ago to help fund his efforts.

I've heard that one is amazing. If it's better than Flip it must be.

Can confirm Joe G. is an extremely awesome individual, who enjoys sharing discretely.

Can confirm so called extinct course is a discretionary sort of deal, but worth it.

Can also confirm course is strictly better than Flip, 5 discs for sure. Thought I reviewed it but apparently it had already been "delisted."

Does Joe have any online presence to buy merch from? I'd spend some money on course stamped discs, swag, etc.

I doubt it. I specifically asked him if he had any shirts I could buy (which I do at a lot of the cool private courses). Got shirts for Harmon, Flip, and Iffy Hollers, too.

Got discs from Flyboy and Timberdoodle Thicket.

...but I prefer shirts to discs.

I've recently bagged quite a few, and I'm now up to 86 total. That's with 45 in Oklahoma (took quite a bit of dedication) plus 16 in California and 16 in Florida. I doubt I'll hit 100 for a while, simply because work will be starting soon and because I've harvested most of the low-hanging fruit.

Seems like a couple exhausting course-bagging trips to dense areas are the way to get numbers, whenever opportunities arise. I just grabbed 15 or so in the Tulsa area while up there for a couple days because of friends and family. Sounds like I need to make some friends in Wisconsin or the Carolinas and go "hang out" for a couple weeks.

As far as courses go, I still feel like I'm cheating with some of the little 9-hole courses, especially when I park, Buzzz it, and leave within 30 minutes. Maybe it's because of DGCR, but I now feel that any and all courses are worth playing once, especially if within a reasonable distance from home base.

Made It! Harry Myers just became number 100, and the 5th of the respectable Houck quintet of both Selah and both Trey Texas Ranch courses. I may have bagged some easy ones earlier, but 96-100 We're doozies. Not sure if I'll write a review, but Creekside rocked even though the water from longs stole 3 of my discs.

Another factor is now time. With a family, I no longer have as much time to bag every course while I'm visiting locations. Lately I've gone for quality over quantity (e.g. while visiting Charlotte and Rock Hill recently), but when I have more time I love to hit up 4 or more "inferior" courses in a morning or afternoon. Course bagging is its own kind of fun.

I've searched for this thread a few times over the years. This is as much for my personal course bagging chronicles as it is for DGCR:

I had been stuck at 199 for about two months. After some nasty weather in my neck of the woods, we caught some slightly warmer weather on the east side of the mountains on 12/2. My 200th (Clark's Run) and 201st (Ditto Farms) were both very worthy and very enjoyable. I probably won't review Clark's Run until I have a chance to play it in a more glorious state (in fall, I can't imagine many better!), but I'm happy to have kept up my tradition of having decent courses for centennial milestones.

Current stats:
201 courses played, 4 countries played, 21 US states played. Only 57 reviews so far, leaving me at a measly 28.4%.

Avg rating 3.15, 397-5, with 6 fans.

I see that erickmj from Lino Lakes, Minnesota is currently at 1996 courses and definitely closing in on that 2000 mark. Impressive! Very cool to be # 1 in the world!

My 200th (Clark's Run) and 201st (Ditto Farms) were both very worthy and very enjoyable. I probably won't review Clark's Run until I have a chance to play it in a more glorious state (in fall, I can't imagine many better!), but I'm happy to have kept up my tradition of having decent courses for centennial milestones.

Ditto Farms and Clark's Run are very nice milestone courses. Add Woodsboro and you can easily play 60% of my "home" courses in a day. :D

I've been stuck at 180 for way too long. 2020 has not been a good year for bagging. :|

Only 57 reviews so far, leaving me at a measly 28.4%.

Better than me. I started reviewing fairly recently so I am at an even more measly 10%. :rolleyes:

Ditto Farms and Clark's Run are very nice milestone courses. Add Woodsboro and you can easily play 60% of my "home" courses in a day. :D

I can attest to this. All 3 are really fun courses. And literally the only 3 I've played in those 2 states. 😁

I played these not too long after playing my 500th. Moraine SP. Definitely the most epic road trip I've taken so far. SOOO many awesome courses out that way.

I see that erickmj from Lino Lakes, Minnesota is currently at 1996 courses and definitely closing in on that 2000 mark. Impressive! Very cool to be # 1 in the world!

what about teh wood

or whatever

arent they at number 1 in the world (at least according to dgcr)

MANY of his "played" courses came under scrutiny when he was claiming to have played certain courses that weren't in the ground when he claimed to have played them

MANY of his "played" courses came under scrutiny when he was claiming to have played certain courses that weren't in the ground when he claimed to have played them

oh interesting i never heard that or maybe wasnt around the course forums in those days

thank you