• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Members Who Have Played 100 Courses!

Lion, like I've said before, you are a man to be reckoned with. I can't seem to finish out my own state. As soon as I get real close, someone builds a new course six hours away. I'm currently four short but will try to get them in June and July. I also can't match your west coast totals, I stand at 364 for Washington, Oregon and Cali. California is such a huge state and there so many courses at little Christian camps up at the end of dirt roads. And they seem to add at least a course every 2-3 weeks. Good luck getting to 1000.

When this thread starter I probably had around 25 courses played. Now I have:

730 total courses (20 private, temp, or tourney courses)
710 on DGCR
44 states played
343 in the state of California (over 350 if you count private courses)
400+ along the west coast (cali, Oregon, Washington)
1 country played
400+ in the South West States (Cali, Nevada, Arizona)
20 or less Courses left to play currently in a 500 mile radius on my Zip code.

I really need to move but will probably be stuck in California for ever. I've played almost everything by me. I do have a summer trip planned to play another 20-30 courses along the coast and into Canada so I will get another country and probably another 5-8 California courses along with 10-15 Oregeon, 1-5 in Washington, and 1-3 in Canada. I plan to finish the year at over 750 courses on DGCR so that's over 770 for me personally. Might try to complete Arizona and Nevada again, I once had those states done (all courses played). Cali once to many years ago but with all the private courses and camps its tough to travel and get on those courses these days.I usually try to play 50 courses new a year, So with that beginning said I should break a 1000 courses around 2022. I hope sooner then later.

Lion, like I've said before, you are a man to be reckoned with. I can't seem to finish out my own state. As soon as I get real close, someone builds a new course six hours away. I'm currently four short but will try to get them in June and July. I also can't match your west coast totals, I stand at 364 for Washington, Oregon and Cali. California is such a huge state and there so many courses at little Christian camps up at the end of dirt roads. And they seem to add at least a course every 2-3 weeks. Good luck getting to 1000.

Your at over 400 on the west coast when I added them up under your totals in each state, not the percentage completed per state. Really hoping to add close to 40 west coast courses this summer. Start with a few next week.

In January 2009 I had only played 26 courses in 3 different states. DGCR is my fuel to go out & play as many courses as possible. It was (and still is) a big upgrade over the PDGA directory. My goal is to eventually play every course in Minnesota but more keep popping up... it's a good problem to have :D. I'm trying my best to stay on page 4, it's crazy to think DGCR now has 72172 members - 100 courses will only get you to page 52.
I must admit I have never understood the wish list feature. If a course exists I'll want to play it at least once.

Lion,

You're right. I always forget to count the extinct courses. I'm at 412 on the west coast.

Your at over 400 on the west coast when I added them up under your totals in each state, not the percentage completed per state. Really hoping to add close to 40 west coast courses this summer. Start with a few next week.

In January 2009 I had only played 26 courses in 3 different states. DGCR is my fuel to go out & play as many courses as possible. It was (and still is) a big upgrade over the PDGA directory. My goal is to eventually play every course in Minnesota but more keep popping up... it's a good problem to have :D. I'm trying my best to stay on page 4, it's crazy to think DGCR now has 72172 members - 100 courses will only get you to page 52.
I must admit I have never understood the wish list feature. If a course exists I'll want to play it at least once.

Good luck on the 100% of MN . . .I believe strongly noone will ever achieve it in the large states because so many courses are unknown . . . even if you just mean playing every course LISTED ON DGCR . . . its not easy and I wish you well . .. be prepared for a new course opening and being listed every month . . . so you may have "cleared" an area .. . only to have to return on a 300 mile drive for 1 course. I ran hard a couple years ago in Wisconsin and finished 9 short (around 250 courses total) of playing all listed ones but some were private and I didnt get permission and some had limited access and made it impossible for me to play based on my busy summer schedule and some never returned my request to play even though I stated I was trying to play every course in an attempt to expose disc golf as an incredible activity for all.

Nice thread. Ive always wondered how many people have played a certain number of courses but didn't know how to find the info. At 115 played I am tied for #758 lol. Hoping to play several new courses this summer

As of now I counted 220 players who have 200 played. It would be nice to join that group but I'm not getting any younger lol

Good luck on the 100% of MN . . .I believe strongly no one will ever achieve it in the large states because so many courses are unknown . . . even if you just mean playing every course LISTED ON DGCR . . . its not easy and I wish you well . .. be prepared for a new course opening and being listed every month . . . so you may have "cleared" an area .. . only to have to return on a 300 mile drive for 1 course.

Yeah I figure even confining myself to just courses listed on DGCR it is probably a futile endeavor. I still have a long way to go, there are large chunks in the north and southwest of the state I haven't been to yet. Even if it takes years and years to accomplish I know once I get close someone will list a tone pole course marked with rocks and sticks in the middle of the boundary waters.:doh: It is really just an idea to keep shooting for. That is why it is unreal to see what guys like you and Lion have accomplished, an entire state is hardly worth bagging unless it has hundreds and hundreds of courses right?

Since Harr and Lion have both made a visit; I will :hfive: note that I was second to hit three hundred played in a state (Wisco)! (I also have a fair amount of "unknowns"payed.../played one today with some great guys...seven person card; and I was the young guy at 53! :)

Awesome, i didn't even know about this data being there. 831st with 110 courses played.

Since the DGCR ground rules for reviewing a course only requires playing the majority of the holes(10 out of 18) before reviewing a course, what's the minimum number of holes we can get by with to say we played it ?

If popular reviewers can write nonsensical reviews and still get likes, then it probably doesn't matter what the minimum number of holes are to say you've played a course.

Not to mention those that don't play courses but still review them by reiterating what others have already said. That helps you get to Diamond level.

That's a good question. I hate reviewing courses if I haven't played every hole but I can't count the number of times I've played a course and could accurately surmise a review after four or five holes. I feel like the limit should be more like 13-14 holes before you can review it, that's at least 75% of the course.

I don't review courses that I didn't get to play the whole thing. The reasoning is the same as my reasoning for bagging what are thought to be crummy courses: my favorite shot in the world may be there, regardless of how horrid the rest of the course is.

If I don't play a full course, I may miss that golden shot (or two or three), which may completely change how I feel about the course...or at least partially change my thoughts on it.

My question may not have been clear, but what I'm wondering is, if the DGCR review requirement is playing a minimum of 5 holes on a nine holer 10 holes on an 18 hole course, what is the minimum # of holes necessary to mark the course as played ?

My question may not have been clear, but what I'm wondering is, if the DGCR review requirement is playing a minimum of 5 holes on a nine holer 10 holes on an 18 hole course, what is the minimum # of holes necessary to mark the course as played ?

I mean, rechnically I could mark eveey course on the website as played if I wanted to. So zero?

I mean, rechnically I could mark eveey course on the website as played if I wanted to. So zero?
Zero is pushing it. I think you need to at least get out of your car and throw a hole or two,before marking it as played.

Last edited:

Latest posts