• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Members Who Have Played 100 Courses!

Lots of good info here, especially for those of us who love to play the course bagging game!

I am very close to exhausting all of my options here in the greater Chicagoland area. Plenty more in IL, but it's just not an easy drive to any of them. I had to drive 1.5 hours to Anna Page in Rockford over the weekend to add 2 more to my list.

I am working on plans for a big trip for #200. Maybe New England, Texas or Oregon? It might be nice to add a new state or 2 at the same time. Any suggestions?

What time of year were you thinking about going to Texas? I'm in Houston and while the humidity makes it even worse, the rest of the state is pretty brutal in the summer as well. I just got back from a road trip starting in Seattle and hopping on ferries through the San Juan islands and then to Vancouver and Whistler and played some amazing courses. The cooler weather alone made it great, but the scenery is obviously unlike anything in Texas or the southwest which is we're most of my courses I've played have been.

I'm at 76 now and use Udisc to track as it has a few more oddball courses not listed on DGCR, but that's another topic.

Lots of good info here, especially for those of us who love to play the course bagging game!

I am very close to exhausting all of my options here in the greater Chicagoland area. Plenty more in IL, but it's just not an easy drive to any of them. I had to drive 1.5 hours to Anna Page in Rockford over the weekend to add 2 more to my list.

I am working on plans for a big trip for #200. Maybe New England, Texas or Oregon? It might be nice to add a new state or 2 at the same time. Any suggestions?

Lots of courses north of the border.

Nearing the 200 mark

I'm up to 196 courses played. Bagged 3 today and 1 last week. I'll have no trouble getting in 4 more this summer as there are lots of ones near to my favorite travel locations. I want to make 200 memorable but after I pass that mark, there's nothing that will denote that course as anything special. For a much longer time, I have been trying to bag a course in state #10. I live in Maryland and have bagged many courses in Pennsylvania, Virginia and West Virginia. I also stray into Delaware and Ohio occasionally. My other 3 states are Arizona (6 courses while on a business trip), Connecticut (1 course on my way to Cape Cod), and Kentucky (the 2 Armco courses while I was visiting Marshall). I have been on courses in New Zealand, Colorado, California, and Florida but didn't actually play them (except 3 holes at Morley field) so I can't count them. The most frustrating was a trip to New Mexico where I had brought 3 discs but couldn't figure out the Cloudcroft course (Zenith Park) and when I went back to fly out of El Paso, the course I had planned there was permanently closed. Of course, New Jersey is the closest easiest state but I also envision hitting Harmon Hills in Tennessee or the Charlotte area (getting both Carolinas in) and western New York State. I also may travel to Las Vegas and Zion Park (plenty of local courses in both places) and Wisconsin (swimming in courses) but not until September.

What time of year were you thinking about going to Texas? I'm in Houston and while the humidity makes it even worse, the rest of the state is pretty brutal in the summer as well. I just got back from a road trip starting in Seattle and hopping on ferries through the San Juan islands and then to Vancouver and Whistler and played some amazing courses. The cooler weather alone made it great, but the scenery is obviously unlike anything in Texas or the southwest which is we're most of my courses I've played have been.

I'm at 76 now and use Udisc to track as it has a few more oddball courses not listed on DGCR, but that's another topic.

I would certainly prefer to plan that trip in the middle of winter to get a break from the snow up here. I was thinking San Antonio, Austin and Selah Ranch if possible to squeeze all of that into 1 trip.

If you don't mind hot weather, you could got to Charlotte. There are at least 18 courses in the area and you would only be 30-40 minutes to Winthrop Gold in SC. Also Canaan Riverbend in SC. Both epic courses.

TheLastDJ and I both got to 100 this weekend at Hornings Hideout, just outside of Portland. Pretty cool complex with three courses, which unfortunately we only had time for the beginner and intermediate course. I plan to go back for expert one soon. Surprisingly, I really enjoyed the beginner pitch and putt course. Mostly putters with a mid on a couple holes, but just liked the layout and the chance for aces (none happened, but whatever).

Also, there were peacocks everywhere!

Really excited to play Hornings in August. Have heard wonderful things. Think we get Buxton that day as well.

I want to reserve final judgment on the complex til I've played the expert course as well, but to be honest there were definitely some issues with the intermediate course. There were numerous holes where we had to completely walk the fairway backwards to get to the next hole. There were also many holes where we had no idea where to go, and that's with a picture of the map from the start of the course. The actual holes themselves were of decent design, it's just the lack of flow and navigational issues that tainted the overall quality of the course. That's also a big reason why I enjoyed the beginner course so much. It didn't have the problems the intermediate one did. I'm not trying to crap on the place. I really appreciate what they've put into it. Just stating what I encountered.

Played 40 courses from june 30th to july 9th. 6 were in California, 9 in Washington, 24 in Oregon and 1 in Canada. Nice trip with my son playing around 70 percent of them with me. my DGCR total is 760 but true count is at 780. 20 more for 800. thinking of trying to make Harmon Hills my 800th in October if a planned trip works out.

on DGCR it says I have only 9 courses within a 500 mile radius of my zip code I haven't played so I doubt I will bag any new courses for a while, well hopefully 1-2. Bumped my California completion percentage to 98.6. thought that was cool.

2 aces on the trip, both in Oregon, and my son for the first time in his 7 year life hit metal (top of the basket) on a drive. So close to an ace I know its coming.

Ive now played over 435 courses along the west coast (Cali, Oregon, & Washington)

Right now, I am at 794!!! Got 104 to play in Wisconsin yet, so I should be able to get to almost 900 with out leaving the state. Which is a good think cause i don't really have any big road trips planned for this year.

Right now, I am at 794!!! Got 104 to play in Wisconsin yet, so I should be able to get to almost 900 with out leaving the state. Which is a good think cause i don't really have any big road trips planned for this year.

Dangit...now you're 25 ahead of me in WI.

Sitting at 99 in NC right now. Thinking about playing one of the low rated courses near by just to get to the century mark in NC. I do like bagging courses but don't like playing courses that are not well designed.

Hit 144 over last weekend. Hoping to be around 175 by years end. One big trip planned.

Really excited to play Hornings in August. Have heard wonderful things. Think we get Buxton that day as well.

Gonna be getting number 300 with these two on that trip! So pumped guys!