• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Message board distance

craftsman

* Ace Member *
Can we all just agree to stop exagerating our distance.
At first I was getting down about my distance due to seeing all the distances posted on here. Not that I don't think others can out drive me, just that a get to play with much better players and I see the corralations between rank/expierence and distance.
It's even more frustrating when people claim d that their flight descriptions doesn't match.
If we can't agree to be truthful, can we at least establish a set number to subtract off of d posts?:popcorn:

I don't lie about my distances, I've measured my practice fields with a tape. There's nothing wrong with lying about distances, you just won't get good advice when you come on here.

BTW, I can throw my Ion across the border from my house.

Anyone is welcome to come throw Arboretum with me and verify for themselves what I can and can't do.

Personally I don't get hung up on whether some random person on a DG board can throw as far as he says he does. If anything, him exaggerating just means less competition in a real game ;)

Vegan Ray's Self-Referential Law of Message Board Distance Claims: All message board distance measurements are really 20% shorter than they seem, even when you take into account Vegan Ray's Self-Referential Law of Message Board Distance Claims.

Vegan Ray
1952-2010

Wait... you guys can't hit 1000ft regularly?

I already claimed today that I throw a whopping 240ft. I have thrown park jobs on blind uphill holes that are 440+ ft but that was with a roller, a tailwind and an Avenger SS which is sort of cheating.

ANYBODY, yes I said ANYBODY, can throw 500'.
Practice an hour a day? That's for suckers.
Hit the weight room & work on those core muscle groups? Wouldn't want to ruin your Cirque de Soleil-like flexibility, right?
Roids? HGH? Donkey gonads? All tasty, but who needs the hassle?

Just do what 90% of message board users do & use Rayco's Message Board Distance Ruler (patent pending). It is a ruler the same size as a piece of baseball card bubble gum, but calibrated to measure 1 foot. Useful for "message board" driving distance measurements (like the ubiquitous 500' Epic thumber). Boys & girls, you don't have to be Avery Jenkins, endlessly refine & sharpen your snap, or even have any limbs at all to throw 500'. Just rush to your nearest DevilHawk retailer & ask for the Message Board Distance Ruler, by Rayco.

Vegan Ray

I don't typically talk about my D, but when I do it's based on measured values, no BS. It's not like my D is anything spectacular, but I call it the way it is.

I actually knew a guy who DID hit 1000 feet regularly.

He was a podiatrist ...

(baz sneaks away, chuckling insanely to himself)

I always wonder what distance people are referring to as to me, different lines are capable of different distances alone to where they can vary and then there are times where I can throw pretty well and other times Im just like "WTF is going on" and cant throw at all.

Then I look at courses where the hole length seems to have some discrepencies in accuracy to say the least, and just when I feel bad about how far I think I really am throwing, I look and see most people throwing little further if any and many with no control whatsoever. The guys I see throwing really far is I saw Avery (and Val for that matter) throwing and there are a couple of young guys that I see really bombing it about as far.

For the interwebs, we must first multiply our longest drive by 1.35, then add a random number from 75-238, depending on the previous 22 posts in the thread. That is the distance we 'always' throw!
(Our longest drive must also be stepped off, counting every step as three feet, regardless of if we have measured our stride, or if we stumbled at all)

Seriously, keep in mind that most of us can throw longer in an open field than we do on a course.

Also- it doesn't really matter what someone else is throwing...are you improving and are you having fun? That is what matters. Who cares if you throw 125 and I throw 750?

I'm glad that I have some rounds in with other DGCRers so I have backup when I make any talk about distance

Seen it. I will never doubt again ..

But I know what you're talking about. Thankfully I've seen my distance creeping out there further and further the last few weeks (since playing with twinkle toes up there). I hope it keeps going. I've really started getting a feel for the 'hit', and when it's supposed to happen.

Latest posts