• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Message board distance

I spotted for the first two rounds of the US Doubles Championships today for the pros, then I played the second course they played today. I suck. I saw a guy nearly park a 650-something ft. hole. Wow. Hole 13 at Eastway Park, and it took me 4 badly placed throws to get as far as he did in one. I suck. But, I had fun today.

how did this happen? i've only read as far as page one.

I'm not privy to that information. I can't say with any real certainty as I wasn't on the receiving end of his tirade. My perception of what transpired is just conjecture.

All I can say is that it appeared he wasn't real happy with the counselors here at Camp DGCR so he checked out.

Here's my gosh darn proof of my Ion throw (174, Soft) earlier today. Hope you are happy. Would have gone farther but those pesky tress. It's ever so slightly downhill, I couldn't tell you the grade exactly. Alright, I'm done bragging over stupid stuff for awhile.

ionthrow.jpg

PS: Google Earth is really neat

which kid can throw a roc 500'?:\

/me calls bs.:popcorn:

He had a tournament ace on Newport News Hole # 2 from the long tee (487 feet)- don't know what disc, but there were a lot of witnesses. I saw him tossing practice throws a few weeks later at another tourney.

He's a lousy putter though.

(I'm not positive on the 500', as I didn't measure them. But I throw 275-325 most of the time and when his throws went out of sight they were already 200 feet past where mine landed. At any rate, if it isn't 500', it's awfully close.)

I used to have more d than I do now, but I have given up 35 to 50 feet of d to gain on better accuracy. I think the trade off was worth it, because my up shots are ten times stronger than my drives anyway. Now they are just easier.

I second that except the upshot part, to date my furthest drive on #14 here was 3 or 4 years ago with a destroyer when they first came out before I knew what a putter was. I'm just getting a 169 Beast there now, almost. I never lie about distance I measured my yard so I KNOW, that way I can get some idea from the markers at the teebox as to where I should be aiming.

BTW my furthest drive is well over 700', 300' feet out 400' down.