• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Message board distance

he fought the power and lost :eek:

he made several threads calling the mods "female dogs", was complaining about his posts being changed/deleted...it was a sight to see for sure

I can drive 300 on a good day. On a great day, I can get about thirty or fourty more feet. Fifty if everything is perfect.

A good day is a 5mph steady breeze. A great day is ten more than that. Oh, I love windy days... when the direction is constant, that is.

I also don't lie about my D.

And I've met enough people in tourneys that I believe there are people that throw quite a bit further than me. I watched a 15 year old kid throw a roc over 500 feet. Again, and again, and again. So I have no doubt lots of people on here can do it. Sure, there's a few liars. And probably quite a few that don't actually measure their drives with something accurate, or they just quote their occasional lucky long one. But for the most part, I'll bet posters are pretty accurate.

And I've met enough people in tourneys that I believe there are people that throw quite a bit further than me. I watched a 15 year old kid throw a roc over 500 feet. Again, and again, and again. So I have no doubt lots of people on here can do it. Sure, there's a few liars. And probably quite a few that don't actually measure their drives with something accurate, or they just quote their occasional lucky long one. But for the most part, I'll bet posters are pretty accurate.

That's why I use a hole to judge my throws. If I can put it about twenty feet from a 320' hole's basket consistently... I'd say I throw about three hundred feet.

which kid can throw a roc 500'?:\

/me calls bs.:popcorn:

i play with 600' throwers pretty regularly. a few throw rocs. they get them out to MAYBE 400'. and im talking long range dx rancho stuff.

i aint never seen no 500'+, flat roc drive.

Unless the teesign isn't accurate :p

No doubt. If I trusted that, this one time, I threw my Putter, that GLow Wizard you have, 450' according to the sign.

(this is an extreme case where the course was under construction. :thmbup:

i can throw 800ft, just every time i get a good 800ft throw, my disc hits a tree or the wind knocks it down to land about 250...

I think it's more that people can't really tell how far 500' is. It's a long way, and always farther than you think. Roc's will go 500' downhill, not on flat land. I'll use the internet method and believe a 400' Roc throw.

Don't use tee signs to gauge distance!

Latest posts