• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Message board distance

I always like doing these together :popcorn::(:sick::gross:

As for my distance I use a football field because I don't break 300' but 2 of 10 throws...

even then the inzone to inzone is only 360... so its not hard to figure out...

I can't drive....I can't putt...I have no side arm....I don't understand overhands...I have OAT issues....and I am psychologically fragile during competitive rounds.

Even with all of those flaws in my game....the greatest enemy to my game has been Google Earth.... much more of a distance stealer than any of my other weaknesses!

I can't exaggerate too much, some of you turkeys have seen me throw. Flat field, I can more or less break 300, 325' max probably. But if I'm tired or sore or sleepy, which is 90% of the time spent disc golfing, (I should really take a couple of weeks off of not moving at all), I hover around the old 280' mark probably.

But I can thumb a Sonic over 500' :| ;)

Anyone is welcome to come throw Arboretum with me and verify for themselves what I can and can't do.

Personally I don't get hung up on whether some random person on a DG board can throw as far as he says he does. If anything, him exaggerating just means less competition in a real game ;)

I can go out there and verify some day, and you can confirm I cant throw very far at all.

Especially at Spiker. For some reason, I get out there in the open after playing Roscoe and I start trying to really trying to rip them and do more harm than good. Smooth is far.

I have been questioning some people's disc choices on the Hole of the Day threads. Some people know they can't throw far and they will choose a high speed driver on a relatively short hole, and others will choose a slower disc for relatively long holes. At least a lot of people will post what their strategy is and what they expect, but others won't do that and just post the disc they would throw.

I am not saying there is anything wrong with any of that, this time last year I would have been the person saying I would throw a wraith to a 250' hole and hope to be parked. Now I would throw a teebird to a 400' hole and hope for a 20-40' putt and those 250' holes are the ones I am hoping to park with my aviar. Anyone want to come to Arkansas and verify this :popcorn: and also see how inconsistent I can be?

Hit 290' with the Champion beast last weekend. Blue Ribbon Pines has a beautiful hole for (i think) #13. Teebox is wide open, hole is wide open. Elevated about 5 ft from the ground, they have the distances marked at 50' increments all the way out to 300'. Pretty humbling. So at least I know mine is verified :)

I don't know what you are talking about but I can easily throw 1000" without hardly trying. In fact that is just at the edge of my putting distance. I know for a fact I could get a POLECAT that far out.

Latest posts