• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Michigan New Course Updates

I have yet to get over to that side of the state, but I plan on it this summer. Which course is a must play?

I have yet to get over to that side of the state, but I plan on it this summer. Which course is a must play?

I think the Metroparks (Stony Creek, Hudson Mills, Kensington and Willow) are all first rate facilities and great courses. Independence Lakes, Rolling Hills, River Bends, and Addison Oaks are top notch as well. Apdrvya, Apparition and BogeyNoMore are all great reviewers, and I think they have all of the above reviewed. :thmbup:

river bends was a crap hole. I played there today.
I don't have a lot of good to say

independence lake is amazing
rolling hills is good
addison is fun
Stoney creek is immense and fun
hudson was a long day
kensington (both) were fun
and willow was a swampy mess

Did you knock down Belle Isle? They are hoping to get it open this summer. Lots of red tape, but my fingers are crossed. The course has a ton of potential....and poison ivy. :mad:

I did not yet. I don't count it as it's a temp course.
BUT, if I can get into a tourney there, I'm down

I did not yet. I don't count it as it's a temp course.
BUT, if I can get into a tourney there, I'm down

They have been putting on a couple casual tournaments a year. I don't know the exact status of the course right now. I will try to find out and post here. It was rough, but if given access and/or a little state park help, it would be a jewel. I am sorry you did not like River Bends. It is only really playable a couple months in the summer (much like Willow). It is in the final stages of a remodel, it had some great holes once upon a time. I hope some of the glory can be restored.

They have been putting on a couple casual tournaments a year. I don't know the exact status of the course right now. I will try to find out and post here. It was rough, but if given access and/or a little state park help, it would be a jewel. I am sorry you did not like River Bends. It is only really playable a couple months in the summer (much like Willow). It is in the final stages of a remodel, it had some great holes once upon a time. I hope some of the glory can be restored.

I reviewed it. it's not all bad, it's just very rough during the flux it's in right now.

Anyone able to tell me when Jcc will be gettin the concrete pads? And or some garbage cans? The last 4 times I've been there this yr I keep picking up garbage on the same holes... I keep thinking that maybe i'll be able to clean a couple more holes each week I play,but I end up cleaning the same holes. It's kinda sad people can't pick up after themselves...thanks.

FWIW, I had six out of seven off this week.
added:
firefighters (troy)
raintree (troy)
River Bends (Utica)
Sunnybrook (sterling hts)

Nature Park (Grayling)
Kirtland CC (Roscommon)
YMCA Camp Timbers(West Branch)
Ogemaw Hills (West Branch)
Old Airport (Au Gres)
Pleasant Meadows (Lake)

Wickes Woods (saginaw)
Caro Rotary (Caro)
Cass City Park
Harbor Beach (no course, will be RIP'ed)
Holland Woods (Port Huron)
Sage Creek (Memphis)

I'm exhausted. but I've seen some really sweet courses and seen some awesome parts of the state.
Next is a trip to Alpena. :( Maybe Todd Wiley will be out there? I'll shake him down for some buzzz gt's

Anybody know anything about when OU-Grizzly Oaks is coming back? Last I'd heard was September, and that the first 4 holes were impacted by the construction, would love to know if anyone had any detail...

That whole course is unplayable at the moment from what ive heard from my club it won't be redesigned until next year sometime

Anyone able to tell me when Jcc will be gettin the concrete pads? And or some garbage cans? The last 4 times I've been there this yr I keep picking up garbage on the same holes... I keep thinking that maybe i'll be able to clean a couple more holes each week I play,but I end up cleaning the same holes. It's kinda sad people can't pick up after themselves...thanks.

You might want to try Disc Golf Scene, navigate to the course and leave a message on the talk section. This site is very active with Michigan golfers.

That whole course is unplayable at the moment from what ive heard from my club it won't be redesigned until next year sometime

we drove by when we were at civic center... it's one big dirt pile right now. prospects of this year are slim to none

There is tons of projects going on around here. It all matters how fast Oakland puts in there fields and tennis courts.

Latest posts