• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Michigan New Course Updates

The baskets at Pioneer Trail Park Disc Golf Course were pulled very early this morning by Rory Mattson, executive director of the Delta Co. conservation district. The baskets were supposed to stay in until Oct. 9. It's doubtful if it will ever be open again.:confused::mad::(

Garbage, BS and filthy lies!!!

Move over to Iron Mountain, things are exploding there according to my good friend who lives and discs there...

In other news, I am planning on redesigning Mt. Zion DGC. I am thinking I will shuffle the new holes together tomorrow, and finish the season (I usually pull the baskets mid-October) with the new layout, and if it is recieved well, it will stay. I'll update the dgcr course listing next year though in case people don't like it.

Buuuuuut I feel this will be a major improvement. The course will go from 6 open holes and 3 wooded to about 4 wide open, 4 completely wooded, and one half wooded, half open. It will be more technical, less chance of lost discs (big complaint at this course), more variety, and will cut down on the grass cutting. It's gonna be the best of both worlds, combining some of the best holes from the original course along with fairways and holes from the current course.

I am so pumped for this!!!

New layout for Mt. Zion is up! A plus that I didn't even notice till when I was done was hole 9 ends right by tee 1, so much less walking after your round!

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1474910638264.jpg
    FB_IMG_1474910638264.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 16
Update on Ella Sharp Park DG course on M-Live.

The baskets are bought, course designed and funding established. Construction begins on the 18 hole course in the spring 2017. :thmbup:

Update on McCourtie Park / Lady in Blue. Township approved the cement pads for the 18 hole course and are hoping (fingers crossed) to get them installed this week before the upcoming tournament. :thmbup:

New hole 6 at Mt. Zion is ready to throw, making the whole new layout 100% playable!

Attachments

• 20160927_123830.jpg
    20160927_123830.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 16
https://www.discgolfscene.com/tournaments/Breaking_Chains_Open_2016

This is a tournament to help raise funds for installation of a new disc golf course near Benton Harbor. I've played the layout in the temporary configuration and I love it. If you're in the area please come by and play to help out.

The walk between 2/3 and 16/17 seems a little wonky, but it looks like a legit layout. I was actually born in St. Joe, so I have a sweet spot in my heart for the area. I'll try to make it down there.

The walk between 2/3 and 16/17 seems a little wonky, but it looks like a legit layout. I was actually born in St. Joe, so I have a sweet spot in my heart for the area. I'll try to make it down there.

Looking at the map I can see how it would appear that way but out in the field it doesn't feel wonky at all. Hope to see you there!

Mountain Man's Playground is looking spectacular, over 30 playable holes as of now!!!

Attachments

• 20160929_171827.jpg
    20160929_171827.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 27
  • 20160929_172047.jpg
    20160929_172047.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 27
added both:
Northend Riverside Park-West (Big Rapids)
and
North Branch DGC (North Branch)

played northend west and grawn (Deuces Wild) today and took pics.
May take me a few days to upload pics and review.

pictures and reviews of northend west and blair are posted.
holy hell, northend west is a long bitch of a course.. so much potential here it's rediculous, bring your A game folks!!

https://www.discgolfscene.com/tournaments/Breaking_Chains_Open_2016

This is a tournament to help raise funds for installation of a new disc golf course near Benton Harbor. I've played the layout in the temporary configuration and I love it. If you're in the area please come by and play to help out.

Dave, the turnout is still looking pretty slim. Any discussion locally about more coming out? I would like to come, but with only 7 players, I'm not sure the tournament would actually be held. Don't wanna make the 2 hour trek and pay for a no-go.

If you've heard, let me know!

Be well, sir.

Dave, the turnout is still looking pretty slim. Any discussion locally about more coming out? I would like to come, but with only 7 players, I'm not sure the tournament would actually be held. Don't wanna make the 2 hour trek and pay for a no-go.

If you've heard, let me know!

Be well, sir.

My understanding is that this will be played regardless of turnout especially considering how much work Larry has put into the course. I wouldn't let the numbers on DGS discourage you. My guess based on past experience is there should be at least 20 or so show up. If I hear any different I will post that info here.

At the moment, its not looking like I am going to be able to make it due to work. :wall: :mad:

The Facetubes said:
HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT!!
Whiteford DGC is officially open and ready to be played. It is located at Whiteford-Stone Co. park in Whiteford Twp, Michigan. Attached is the course map. You will need it.
A few important notes:
1. The pads will not be in until spring.
2. The course is very much under construction still. Please be careful when walking out in the field. The field will hopefully be mowed soon. We are working on it.
3. WE NEED YOUR HELP!
The ADOPT-A-HOLE program
For those who are interested in adopting a hole, please contact Mark Kruse. He will go into detail with you about the responsibilities. Holes 1-7, 11, and 12 are already taken.
(edit: I've gotten a few inquiries about buying a hole. This is not the same program. If you'd like to sponsor a hole that can probably be arranged. The adopt a hole program is a work party thing and it's free. It includes things like clearing lanes, weed wacking, preparing the pad areas, etc).
If you don't have the time to adopt a hole but still want to help - there are other opportunities. Please send me a message if this is the case.
Have fun and enjoy the new course everyone!!!!

14716203_10104355051658578_7657721895330228060_n.jpg

Update on McCourtie Park / Lady in Blue. Township approved the cement pads for the 18 hole course and are hoping (fingers crossed) to get them installed this week before the upcoming tournament. :thmbup:

Teepads are in, big thanks to Under 54 DG club and Dysert concrete on the great job making these 5 ft x 10 ft tee pads on all 18 holes. Sooooo much better having solid, flat pads to play from and makes the course even more fun to play. :thmbup:

Latest posts