• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Michigan New Course Updates

Brighton Rec now has 18 holes

If you played Brighton Rec in the past and poo poo it, like it did, you owe it to your self to check it out again. I was surprised today when I planned on playing a quick 9 holes, after writing it off for the past 4-6 months, to see that the full 18 is in. No T pads on the back nine but the new holes are awesome. Check out my review of the course that I posted today.

If you do play it, look me up, I will probably be there. This is now my new home course.

Last edited:
Is navigation and upkeep any better than when I was there around the beginning of September? Because they were horrible then...

:edit: This is the Chilson Woods course, right?

Brighton Rec = Chilson Woods.
I was unaware they'd added any holes.
I'll try to get out there next weekend and uodate my review.

chilson woods / brighton rec

Yes, hey are one in the same, Chilson Woods = Brighton Rec area. Yes, navigation has been redone with new signs starting at 5 (old 22). The holes are now re-numbered, 1-18 and the flow is good. Play the front nine as before but it dosn't jump from from from 4 to 22 anymore. Hole 10 starts across from hole ones tee pad, just after nine.

chilson woods

Also, I am going to start carrying some small pruning sheers when I play. There are random Rosebush like thorns, I am just going to snip them if my lie gets a little off the fairway.

I weekend with some weed whips could do some good, no idea what they have planned.

Tower Park in Greenville is in and added to the DB (not by me)
heading out today to soak in some sunshine and add some pictures :)

Tower Park in Greenville is in and added to the DB (not by me)
heading out today to soak in some sunshine and add some pictures :)

as soon as my photobucket stops being a ****tard I will post pictures.
this is a great course!

Yes, hey are one in the same, Chilson Woods = Brighton Rec area. Yes, navigation has been redone with new signs starting at 5 (old 22). The holes are now re-numbered, 1-18 and the flow is good. Play the front nine as before but it dosn't jump from from from 4 to 22 anymore. Hole 10 starts across from hole ones tee pad, just after nine.
Played all 18 yesterday and uploaded pix of back 9.

Back 9 is moderately to very hilly, quite a bit more interesting/fun than the front, and a big improvement for the course overall. Now, I might actually come here more than once a year. Back 9 is not cart friendly for those so inclined.

FYI - as rohean mentioned in one of his posts, lots of thorns - plentiful off the fairway, and quite a few in random spots on fairways... not a good place for toddlers.

New 12 hole loop is now IN and playable at Indy Lake.

My favorite part is the bog bridge connecting X3 to X4.

Is there a map around? I walked most of it a couple weeks ago, looks to be an unbelievable addition to a great golf facility. I see they added a firepit to the parking area as well.

Is there a map around? I walked most of it a couple weeks ago, looks to be an unbelievable addition to a great golf facility. I see they added a firepit to the parking area as well.

No map, yet.. Working on it. I think the park has done a good job with signage but I haven't been out there yet to see the baskets in.

Yea, it offers elements that are not necessarily present on the existing holes so I agree it adds to the overall experience and makes it even more of a DG destination in SE Michigan. I'm really excited to throw to baskets instead of stakes in the ground. Tentatively planning a noon time round tomorrow.

I can also claim to have the first lost disc on the extras (which was even recently returned to me) :D

I think one of my favorite of the new holes at Indy is gonna be X8? :confused: .... one of the longer holes that plays slightly uphill to a landing zone then to the right with a bridge over a bog, to a somewhat guarded green. It'd take one helluva tee shot to set up any opportunity for 2 on that hole. I'm playing for 3 and just avoiding the 4.

I think one of my favorite of the new holes at Indy is gonna be X8? :confused: .... one of the longer holes that plays slightly uphill to a landing zone then to the right with a bridge over a bog, to a somewhat guarded green. It'd take one helluva tee shot to set up any opportunity for 2 on that hole. I'm playing for 3 and just avoiding the 4.

That is X7, I think.. Still getting these straight. X4 is the rock wall hole, X5 is the one that reminds me of a mini version of 6A at Flip City, X6 is the really nice downhill shot, then X7 is the two-shot par 4 over the bog bridge. That's the standout sequence, to me. I also really like X11 tee with it's nice long downhill shot.

Thanks for helping them with the addition, Scott!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

So, Ru4por and I played all 36 at Indy Lake today. The new holes are good - nice mix of woods and open.

And by the way... Aced X4!!! :D

Just a recommendation when they finally figure out which holes should comprise each of the two 18 hole layouts: make one set all of 18 the orange Mach 3's, and the other 18 all of the Chainstars.

Given how interwined the paths from one hole to the next are and potential for playing holes out of sequence, and the fact that you're trying to attract people here as a destination, common sense dictates making things as obvious as possible: course A = orange baskets, course B = normal baskets. Also different color tee signs for the two courses, and perhaps even a common scorecard/map that shows all the holes.

That's exactly how things are at Deerfield Park Original and Wildwood... the different tee signs and baskets make it fairly easy to navigate two courses with overlapping/interwined layouts that would otherwise be very confusing to the visiting player.

Last edited:

Latest posts