• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Michigan New Course Updates

I don't know who is responsible for the Paw Paw HS course in Paw Paw, MI but I gotta hand it to them for making the worst course I have ever seen.

Dr. Lawless is a close second. Another garbage course. And don't tell me I need to "step my game up" because I can't hit a 3' wide "fairway" and anything landing outside of said "fairway" is very likely to be lost. Played 3 holes there and left in frustration. Do not waste your time going there either.

Baskets are now in at Jackson College (formerly JCC, no longer community college). All 18 cement pads are playable and all 18 baskets are playable as well. The 4x4 posts are in the ground behind each pad but no signage yet and no ETA either. I did update the map as Hole #12 was made longer and Hole #13 basket was moved a bit right. Anyone venturing out for a round I highly recommend printing the MAP from the course page.

Tons of elevation in play as the course runs pretty much the entire South side of campus (along Kimmel Rd). Also a lot more open than previous design as college removed almost all the trees, bushes and rough. A few strategic trees left in play and quite a few holes on front 9 have their baskets near some roads/entrance drives. Played yesterday and saw a family of 6 playing, a group of 8 college kids and 3 other disc golfers on the course. Seems the more open and user friendly course is working getting people out to play it.

Yeah, baskets are back in as of Friday. It's pay to play now, $3 a day, $60 a year.
Correction: $55 a year, no alcohol allowed (although it's allowed in the park), no leagues allowed, no tournaments allowed, no groups larger than 12. Don't pi$$ off the guy in charge, he's a very angry little man who carries a gun on his hip.:(

Correction: $55 a year, no alcohol allowed (although it's allowed in the park), no leagues allowed, no tournaments allowed, no groups larger than 12. Don't pi$$ off the guy in charge, he's a very angry little man who carries a gun on his hip.:(

so, no fun...

so, no fun...
Right. Two guys tried to play without paying and got the popo called on them yesterday. So I paid my $55 today, and what I got was a letter that I have to take to the county clerks office so I can get a picture ID made that I must have with me at all times when I play. His original plan was to tattoo numbers on our arms, but that was rejected by the county board.:\ On the bright side, they're actually doing maintenance now. I don't have to drag my cart over downed trees anymore.:thmbup:

Right. Two guys tried to play without paying and got the popo called on them yesterday. So I paid my $55 today, and what I got was a letter that I have to take to the county clerks office so I can get a picture ID made that I must have with me at all times when I play. His original plan was to tattoo numbers on our arms, but that was rejected by the county board.:\ On the bright side, they're actually doing maintenance now. I don't have to drag my cart over downed trees anymore.:thmbup:

Wow! Were you required to give a blood sample, fingerprints, stool sample?

Just looking at the Garfield Park homepage here & it still has the distances for the old pole course. Shouldn't the pole course be retired & a new page created for the basket course? They are completely different courses after all.

Baskets are now in at Jackson College (formerly JCC, no longer community college). All 18 cement pads are playable and all 18 baskets are playable as well. The 4x4 posts are in the ground behind each pad but no signage yet and no ETA either. I did update the map as Hole #12 was made longer and Hole #13 basket was moved a bit right. Anyone venturing out for a round I highly recommend printing the MAP from the course page.

Tons of elevation in play as the course runs pretty much the entire South side of campus (along Kimmel Rd). Also a lot more open than previous design as college removed almost all the trees, bushes and rough. A few strategic trees left in play and quite a few holes on front 9 have their baskets near some roads/entrance drives. Played yesterday and saw a family of 6 playing, a group of 8 college kids and 3 other disc golfers on the course. Seems the more open and user friendly course is working getting people out to play it.

Looks like all Tim did was remove all the reviews. I kind of wish he'd given the old layout RIP status so I could have 1 more to bag ;)

Looks like all Tim did was remove all the reviews. I kind of wish he'd given the old layout RIP status so I could have 1 more to bag ;)

Me too, I tried my best as it is definitely a brand new course. Hoped the old course would be RIP'd and keep the old photos intact along with those reviews. Not to mention that was JCC (Jackson Community College), now it is simply Jackson College. :(

But based on there only be like 3 scores he chose to just wipe the slate clean and keep it as is. Uploaded a few new photos but need to finish it up this weekend. Guess I will just need to add the old course to my unlisted Private Courses list for courses played.

FYI... Don't know if this was mentioned yet but Lady in Blue (McCourtie Park) added 6 new holes about a month ago. No concrete pads in yet but all 6 baskets are in and playable. I have not played A-D yet but did play E & F during leagues.

A - D are played after hole #10. Instead of going across entrance road to #11, turn left into the woods and play the 4 holes in there. Quite a bit of trees and some swamp land so beware of bugs during warm months.

E & F are played after hole #15. Instead of walking up short, steep hill to #16 look for a path to the left of that path. E plays from the path and across the river, basket located straight ahead behind large bush on top of hill. F plays back down hill and across the river, short hole plays as island hole you must make it across river or proceed to drop zone.

Tower Park in Greenville is in and added to the DB (not by me)
heading out today to soak in some sunshine and add some pictures :)

I'll be back in the Mitten in about 10 days and Tower is very much on my list of courses I want to check out. I'm hoping for the best, as it looks like a great piece of land!

Tower is a very cool course that will only get better with time. I believe there will be cement tees in the future. Give us a date & possibly someone can meet up & give a guided tour.

Latest posts