• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Michigan New Course Updates

Don't fret too much, the only "open to the public" one is Mt. Zion currently, so depending on what the owner of the private course does over the next year, we'll really only have two niners. I'll be content, but it's no IDGC or Highbridge lol.

four years ago, I Had completed the list of Michigan courses..
now I sit 30+ behind...
damn having kids..

Don't fret too much, the only "open to the public" one is Mt. Zion currently, Hmmm, did someone close my course, and forget to tell me WTF??? so depending on what the owner of the private course does over the next year, I'm going to finish my three courses. City approved my PTP plan. we'll really only have two niners. Realistically you'll only have 9. Norrie Park has been approved by the city for two seasons, and your local club has raised $0. With the current club culture of "show up and have things done for you", I don't see that $0 changing, unless the club shifts to a "if we all work together we can have nice things" culture... become a working club, not a players club. I'll be content, Apparently that's what's most important but it's no IDGC or Highbridge Well that's BS, someone SHOULD build you'all one of each, you're entitled damnit! lol.

Trying to work with Millennial's is like herding cats SMH! I'm too old for this BS :wall:

Last edited:
It's actually refreshing to see club drama is pretty consistent across all regional areas..

My new philosophy is to put everything into course development and let the other folks take on the day to day club stuff like leagues and tournaments. That's my older, wizened, post-three-kids and post-founding-a-club-and-watching-it-fizzle-into-the-ether self talking. Good luck up there. When the kids are older I'm sure we'll play your UP version of the IDGC on an extended road trip, after playing the 12+ courses in the Ludington/Hart area ;)

Trying to work with Millennial's is like herding cats SMH! I'm too old for this BS :wall:

Depends on the millenials. I mentor a university rocket team that competes in NASA's USLI competition every year - and usually do quite well. I'd gladly work with any of them over the many of 40+ year old knuckleheads I deal with at work.

Millenials come in many flavors so painting them with such a broad brush is a little short sighted. I see the same behaviors you are complaining about from 50+ year old discers right where I am so I doubt this is a generational issue everywhere you go.

mmmmkay back to MIchigan disc golf...

You "open and close" your course on any given day, depending on what kind of mood you're in. And by open and close, you mean "whomever is on the local fb page and has played there", not any random travelling person who wants to bag a course on their own, as far as I know. I'll believe you're open to the public when I see it, as I'm sure you feel the same about Norrie.

And speaking of Norrie, how hard is it to get through your damn skull that I had a misunderstanding of their intentions to assist with funding?? I'm a millenial as you say, so it SHOULD be easy to understand that I am not as experienced as your all mighty, flawless self in terms of understanding the politics and whatnot of city officials. But ya know, I just don't want to do any work, even though I spent countless hours last year helping you finish clearing your couse for the tournament last year, piling brush, moving baskets and running a league and bringing new people to play your course.

But oh lets close the place cause you had a temper tantrum, cause you missed the last league of the year, and jade the people who like and play your courses, cause of course the place is MUCH better to just look at from the side of the road...

And yeah I forgot, everyone in our club can bend over backwards for your PRIVATE COURSE every day at the snap of your fingers, even though some of them work 50-60 hours a week and have kids and wives and whatnot. Oh whoops, except the one guy who doesn't have a job and can be your b***h every day.

And I would've just told you this in person, cause you said you needed to talk w/me, but then wussed out 20 minutes beforehand and decided to post it on an internet forum instead...

Last edited:
can you either send me the info so I can add the course or add the course?
I would be interested but I don't really want to drive to hart to try to find :)

Not drive to a new disc golf course? You sure you're a disc golfer!? ;)

That's the only thing I immediately can find on Google. Local club members played it recently and really liked it...although that doesn't help you much.

Can you be more specific about where in Hart is the course located?
What park is it in?
What's the address?
What are the cross streets or coordinates?

Not drive to a new disc golf course? You sure you're a disc golfer!? ;)

That's the only thing I immediately can find on Google. Local club members played it recently and really liked it...although that doesn't help you much.

i've driven all over the state. now with a 3 year old I need to be more surgical in my travels.

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=9516

New course in Belleville, 5 minutes from the Throw Shop, between Ann Arbor and the Detroit Metro Airport.
12 holes- fundraising for a future 18+ permanent layout. Open now- mix of Chainstar and Latitude 64 Pro baskets, mix of cement and grass tees. Located on a former ball golf course and current bar. Please donate when you can, and support the bar when they're open. We're looking to add 3 "pirate pads" today.

Awesome Ben, is it marked well enough for someone (ie, me) to just show up and play? I might have some time tomorrow afternoon.

I played a dubs on a little different layout a couple weekends ago, Scott. The course is pretty open and most of the pins were visible. With the map, you should get around without too much of an issue. Great piece of property.

New Private Course In Ironwood MI

I'm very pleased to announce that my private course, Mountain Man's Playground Red Course (http://dgcour.se/9525), is open for free public play, by appointment only to new players. Message me to play.

I'll be open until the snow depth becomes unmanageable. Currently excellent winter conditions, all pads shoveled. With the exception of holes 7&8, which are closed due to storm damage. I lost over 100 trees during our first winter storm of the year.

There will be two more courses on site. The White Course is in, and will be open spring 2018. My Black Course is almost finished, and will be open once I acquire another 18 baskets. Hopefully fall 2018, but I've scheduled opening for Spring 2019.

My plan is to go PTP, however play is free for now.

July, 2012, I had a dream, and purchased this unique property. It's an old iron mine, in the city limits of Ironwood, MI. Today, after much sweat some blood, and many $$$, my dream is ALIVE!

I'm looking forward to meeting and sharing my playground with you all :)