• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Michigan New Course Updates

Not a new one, but man is Toboggan in great shape and a pure joy to play. If you haven't played this course yet do yourself a favor and play it asap. Course is in great shape, pads are nice and grippy and those new red Chainstar Pro baskets are great.

New one in Sturgis Michigan down near the Indiana border in Southwest Michigan called Deadwood. It's a technical wooded course that is in a great spot for guys east and south of the other great courses in the Kazoo area. Brand new wooded courses are sometimes a bear to play but this one was cleared out well and is already fun to play!

Good stuff, guys. Curious as to why we have started a new thread? Was the old one full? I would probably encourage the use of Michigan Course Updates. It lends itself to both new and old course information a bit better. Not a huge deal, but I also like the old info the other thread contained. Maybe we can merge these threads? If the old one is full and cannot be added to, thanks for listening.

Pretty sure there is some sort of post limit involved which may have triggered a new thread. Have seen it happen in VIP Social, hit a certain post # and they close it down and start a new one. I dont have specific #'s or anything but that is my guess as to why we have a new one now. Usually it is one of the Mods who makes the final post and starts the new thread.

Maybe we can just merge this into the Michigan Course Update. The title works much better. Anyone know how to do that?

I have sent along an email to DGCR to merge these this thread and the old Michigan New Course Updates thread. I hope you don't mind, MasonCountyDiscGolf. Two separate threads seem to confuse the information and does not lend itself well to access of some of the old info.

I walked the holes there yesterday. It looks like sleeves are in the ground for all the baskets. The longs all look like they have crushed gravel in place. 2 tee-pads were poured and a few others had frames up. The shorts still were just stakes in position.

Yup, same here. According to the TD, the plan is to have the course playable by DGLO. The guy taking money at the booth also seemed pretty sure the course would be in by DGLO, as well.

How was the trip to Toboggan?

Excellent, as always. The folks we brought with us were blown away, and we didn't even lose any discs! I told the booth worker how we drove up from SW Ohio just to play Tobo, how this was our fourth year making the trip, and how much we appreciate the Metroparks system's renewed zeal for disc golf. Any good word has to help, right?

Excellent, as always. The folks we brought with us were blown away, and we didn't even lose any discs! I told the booth worker how we drove up from SW Ohio just to play Tobo, how this was our fourth year making the trip, and how much we appreciate the Metroparks system's renewed zeal for disc golf. Any good word has to help, right?

Probably doesn't hurt to submit a comment through the website, or leave a FB review..

https://www.metroparks.com/about-us/contact-us/
https://www.facebook.com/HCMetroparks

PS. Thank you mods!

One thing Tobo has in abundance: Wow factor. It's hard to stand on these tees and keep your jaw off the ground:
1, 2, 3, 6, 8, 12, 13, 14, 17... you can add a few more if you're seeing the course for the first time.