• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Michigan New Course Updates

I asked Tim to call them Blue (old) and Green (new) on DGCR. That will keep things consistent, so travelers and locals are calling them the same thing.

I made that mistake when Stony Creek expanded to 2 x 18's... listed them on DGCR a as north and south (per the scorecard). Everyone here calls them Stony Blue and Stony Green. No one... and a I mean no one... calls them North or South... unless they got that from DGCR. Ask a local which is the north course, and they'll think you're talking about a different park.

I asked Tim to call them Blue (old) and Green (new) on DGCR. That will keep things consistent, so travelers and locals are calling them the same thing.

I made that mistake when Stony Creek expanded to 2 x 18's... listed them on DGCR a as north and south (per the scorecard). Everyone here calls them Stony Blue and Stony Green. No one... and a I mean no one... calls them North or South... unless they got that from DGCR. Ask a local which is the north course, and they'll think you're talking about a different park.

Sounds good to me. Sucks that the new Pro baskets will not be in for the event, as I was looking forward to playing on them for the first time. Oh well.

Sounds good to me. Sucks that the new Pro baskets will not be in for the event, as I was looking forward to playing on them for the first time. Oh well.

Yeah, I agree. You know how it goes though. The course install was really dictated by the park system. Approvals and negotiations are part of the process. I think I heard they had the baskets, but with the work left to get the course in and playable has to be prioritized. Limited resources are always a barrier. Plenty of people to whine and cry, few to pick up a shovel and help. (not calling you out, jjwinnova).

I got to play the baskets on Toboggan and was under impressed. Very nice, put seemed designed for a firm putt. I saw a couple tough spit outs on softer putts. I don't have a huge issue with Chainstars though. I don't really care what basket I throw at, honestly.

I think the problem with North and South is....who the hell really knows North from South without putting some thought into it. Tee signs will eventually be blue and green, the baskets are reported to be blue and green. Seems like a no brainer to me. You are right for sure, I don't think I have heard anyone refer to Stony as N/S. Thinking about it, I am not sure which course is N or S. I do know the old course is blue.

Yeah, I agree. You know how it goes though. The course install was really dictated by the park system. Approvals and negotiations are part of the process. I think I heard they had the baskets, but with the work left to get the course in and playable has to be prioritized. Limited resources are always a barrier. Plenty of people to whine and cry, few to pick up a shovel and help. (not calling you out, jjwinnova).

I got to play the baskets on Toboggan and was under impressed. Very nice, put seemed designed for a firm putt. I saw a couple tough spit outs on softer putts. I don't have a huge issue with Chainstars though. I don't really care what basket I throw at, honestly.

I completely know what you're saying. To be honest with myself, I'm going to miss putts no matter what the basket looks like... :/

Eh, they're ok. My first putt on one was a pure spitout dead center off the pole, so of course every time something happens with them now I say "Well, a regular Chainstar would have caught that." :D

Just played them, and confirming 2nd course at Kensington's Black Locust location is complete and operational!
1-18 remain unchanged, and IMO should stay as the current Black Locust listing. Tim should simply delete holes 19-27 from that course listing. 8 of the holes have dual tees, 10 have single tees. These holes are decidedly more challenging and hillier than the "original 18." Park has not designated a name as far as I know. I suggest calling it listing Black Locust II, until the park makes up their mind. All the location info is identical to existing course. When I tried to list it, I got

... so I PM'd Tim& Noill.

I got pix and distances on all the new holes.

Park has numbered the new course thusly:
was 19... now #1
was 20... now #2
was 21... now #3
was 22... now #4
was 23... now #5
new hole....... #6...338 ft
new hole....... #7... 435 ft
new hole....... #8... 342 ft
new hole....... #9... 300 ft
new hole....... #10... 334 ft
new hole....... #11... 505 ft
new hole....... #12... 420 ft
new hole....... #13... 345 ft
new hole....... #14... 360 ft
was 24... now #15
was 25... now #16
was 26... now #17
was 27... now #18

Shorts = 6487 ft
Longs = 7313 ft

Nice! I heard the short pads for the new 9 holes are going in sometime this fall.

I wanna get out there and play those new holes but I really am not a fan of this weather that's here for the next week or two.

Hole 15 (previously # 24) is the only old hole that's been changed. They basically created a different fairway for it. Now it plays sharp R to L, basically a RHBH hyzer. Used to play L to R, so other than where the tees are located, everything about it's different.

Does anyone have any info on the course in Courtland Twp? I saw some green baskets from M57 while heading to GR yesterday. I was able to find a listing on DGScene, but the reviews there tend to be a little less objective than what I don't here.

Hole 15 (previously # 24) is the only old hole that's been changed. They basically created a different fairway for it. Now it plays sharp R to L, basically a RHBH hyzer. Used to play L to R, so other than where the tees are located, everything about it's different.

Except with the new shape of that hole, it is not really reachable with a RHBH shot. About the only way I saw to get to that hole is probably a RHFH anny. It turns left too hard, too quickly for the BH. Not a fan of the hole......despite being one of the few R>L holes on the entire damn course.

Except with the new shape of that hole, it is not really reachable with a RHBH shot. About the only way I saw to get to that hole is probably a RHFH anny. It turns left too hard, too quickly for the BH. Not a fan of the hole......despite being one of the few R>L holes on the entire damn course.

I prefer the old hole myself.

As for the new one, I was thinking a low, hard skip shot with a Firebird-like driver might yield a good look...
but I still dunno for sure, cuz I grip-locked and nearly lost it in the dense jungle between the new and old fairways. :eek:

I prefer the old hole myself.

As for the new one, I was thinking a low, hard skip shot with a Firebird-like driver might yield a good look...
but I still dunno for sure, cuz I grip-locked and nearly lost it in the dense jungle between the new and old fairways. :eek:

Skip shot might work, don't remember the condition of the new fairway though. Many of them were littered with wood, branches, chips......from the clearing of the holes.

From the longs a RHBH doesn't seem too bad. Next time I play i'm going out there and throwing RHBH with all my discs to see if anything works.

From the longs a RHBH doesn't seem too bad. Next time I play i'm going out there and throwing RHBH with all my discs to see if anything works.

I was playing MA50+, we were playing the shorts. I would think you are correct, though. From the longs it is likely reachable with a RHBH.

Norrie Park in Ironwood now has 8 of 9 baskets locked in (the 9th, for hole 2) is being repaired by the city, and the sleeve is concreted in the ground).

Rubber teepads are in place, and signage will be on the way soon. Will get a course page up in a few on this site. Holding our doubles league there tonight for the first time (with a temp basket for 2)!

Does anyone have any info on the course in Courtland Twp? I saw some green baskets from M57 while heading to GR yesterday. I was able to find a listing on DGScene, but the reviews there tend to be a little less objective than what I don't here.

course is complete. shorts & longs both have cement tee pads. there is a tournament there this weekend - sunday i believe.

Latest posts