• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Michigan New Course Updates

Showed up to play Flip last Wednesday before league to find out they recently started a morning league so we had to kill time until 1pm. UDisc had this joint just a few minutes away and the owner was amenable to being added to the directory. Not going to review as frames for concrete on the Blue tees are only partially in with none poured as of yet. Fun spin though and I uploaded a full set of pics if you're interested. I'm sure a few extra usage fees would help get those tees poured sooner.

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/mobile/course.php?id=12474

Nice!! I gotta check it out.

Today played the most recent Michigan EMac design in Alma, called The Runway. Still very rough, in areas, but you can see the potential. Someone was working on one of the back nine holes, clearing out stumps, maybe? Was on a lunch break round, so I don't stop to chat. Would give it a 3-1/2 as is now. Once tee signage is in & the rest of the stump/roots get removed, could possibly see it as a 4. Oh, and it has two teepads per hole (about 10 feet, maybe?) AND two baskets per hole, too. So, in total, 4 layouts to play.

Found out the hard way that Flip City was closed today, for some reason that folks on FB had all the details. I don't do FB.
SO I ended up trying out a new course to the Ludington scene called Hill Top. Literally 8 minutes away from Flip. Still very new, raw, but is very tight, technical with some elevation. Shorter holes. Just my flavor. :) A few of the back nine holes are more "open". Nice course. Spoke to the owner. Discussed with him a flaw I noticed - a couple of teepads dangerously close to other fairways. He said he was aware & would be looking at possible solutions (netting).

Near Marquette

photo

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=101483045133291&set=a.101483188466610

It's my new private course...:D:D:D:D

i got a question for you maybe you can provide some insight

why does marquette dg feel like an afterthought

duluth mn also has the same disease

great hiking and biking but the dg seems to have gotten the leftover land and the course design seemed to have a "good enough" feel to it

Good work fellas, thx for the links, info on new course, and most of all the review/pics! :hfive:

Will be up there imminently to bag it. :|

Wear long pants. The guy that designed this course has put in disc golf courses in the Amazon. He said the foliage here was worse than what he encountered in the jungles.