• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Michigan New Course Updates

I remember playing Fitzgerald Park when the baskets had bike cables instead of chains! I think I remember hearing that they were Grand Woods' original baskets?

There was one pin placement on a narrow strip of land within a pond. The water was deep, too. Lost a "Chains" Aviar P&A in it, circa 1996 or so. It just barely went in!

I remember playing Fitzgerald Park when the baskets had bike cables instead of chains! I think I remember hearing that they were Grand Woods' original baskets?

There was one pin placement on a narrow strip of land within a pond. The water was deep, too. Lost a "Chains" Aviar P&A in it, circa 1996 or so. It just barely went in!

That makes sense, the one they pull out for the Ant Hill placement on 13 at 'Woods is definitely a "Fitz basket." I've heard a lot of stories about Old Fitz, but never that they had bike cable baskets. Crazy! That course has gone through a lot of changes over the years and deserves better equipment. If money wasn't a thing, there'd be 18 Vortexes out there!

Anyone know when Mt. McSauba, Avalanche Park, and Boyne Mountain pull their baskets?

I have some time to throw tomorrow am. choices are ann arbor, clean up around GR area and somewhere else I haven't decided yet...
anyone have any thoughts. I need to tack on three or four more courses tomorrow...

I have some time to throw tomorrow am. choices are ann arbor, clean up around GR area and somewhere else I haven't decided yet...
anyone have any thoughts. I need to tack on three or four more courses tomorrow...

What you end up doing?

{EDIT}

NVM. I see you hit up that Allendale course. I found that online somewhere and had to add it. Guess it's been around for a sec. You get anything else new around GR tho?

Last edited:
nothing else new around here. I compared the discgolfscene courses with the dgcr list and added three or four courses yesterday...

harbor beach
saline
seitz middle school
arbors of traverse apartments

I've heard a lot of stories about Old Fitz, but never that they had bike cable baskets. Crazy! That course has gone through a lot of changes over the years and deserves better equipment. If money wasn't a thing, there'd be 18 Vortexes out there!

Putting into those bike cables was a royal bitch! (When I say "bike cables," I mean they were like those thick plastic-coated bike lock cables, only they seemed to be thicker.) Many times, you'd hit dead center, but the putter would just bounce straight out. To boot, you were deprived of the reinforcing "CHING!" sound...

I played Bertha Brock near Ionia this week while on vacation. Wow. Each hole felt like the best 12% Barley Wine I've ever had, and then I had to drink 18 of them at once.

When I think of a 5-star course, I'd like about 1/3 of the holes to be like those seen at Bertha Brock. Scattered about, too, not all at once. When Cass Benton first opened and hadn't been trashed by a--holes yet, that was the feeling I got there.

devil-horns1.jpg

I don't get it....I am to assume there is some dbag imposter putting your name on benches??

that's exactly it...:clap:
and, they would have seen how much graffiti was already on that bench... :\

Last edited: