• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Michigan New Course Updates

I played the front 9, it was eh, ok...

its no longer the front nine. It starts off the course and ends it. Hole 6 doesn't even play into the 18 hole (well they use the same basket which is kind of lazy. ) But the middle 9 are good. I would 100% say go check it out. No signs yet, but nothing is super crazy

Ella Sharp Park (Jackson, MI) has been approved! :clap:

M-Live article --> http://www.mlive.com/news/jackson/i...flies_into_jacksons.html#incart_river_default

One of the guys from our local DG club is now on the committee as well, so hopefully I can keep up to date on this project. They have some great land to work with in the park, fingers crossed they use it wisely.

Full speed ahead for Ella Sharp Park as the city received the grant they were looking for to overhaul the entire park, which includes a brand new 18 hole DG course. :thmbup:

Also picking up steam is McCourtie Park (12715 East Chicago Road, Somerset Center, MI 49282) is now getting an 18 hole course as well. Looks like Terry Calhoun will be helping them with it and is drumming up some volunteers. :thmbup:

Could be a couple of nice courses in the next year or two, can't wait for this to happen. Our club will definitely be available for volunteer work in any way possible.

Also picking up steam is McCourtie Park (12715 East Chicago Road, Somerset Center, MI 49282) is now getting an 18 hole course as well. Looks like Terry Calhoun will be helping them with it and is drumming up some volunteers. :thmbup:

Could be a couple of nice courses in the next year or two, can't wait for this to happen. Our club will definitely be available for volunteer work in any way possible.

McCourtie Park looks like a really cool property for a course. I'm sure Terry will do a good job there, can't wait to play it.

It's not officially open yet (Lamont you big dummy!)

Also added the layout for labyrinth at wscc pro tees. They are flagged with natural tees for right now. 8810 ft.

Played West Shore last weekend for states from the shorts. Had a chance to scope out the longs. WOW....that is going to challenge Leviathan longs. What a great golf area. Had a riot at states, ate well, stayed at a wonderful place....

Sounds like Bonnie Brook is slated for opening in a couple weeks. 45 buck yearly pass or 4 bucks a day. That is second hand info, though. I am not a facebook guy.

I don't know if I got to say hi! I am the tall guy with glasses and a short beard. Usually running around doing whatever jeff tells me to do.

It's not officially open yet (Lamont you big dummy!)

Also added the layout for labyrinth at wscc pro tees. They are flagged with natural tees for right now. 8810 ft.

yeah they totally shouldn't have said "available to play" until it was done done.
hope they get the grass in soon or massive erosion will kill that course.
ya big dummy.

I don't know if I got to say hi! I am the tall guy with glasses and a short beard. Usually running around doing whatever jeff tells me to do.

Lol, I saw you last weekend....seems you were running around doing whatever Jeff told ya. If they hand out awards for best tournaments in the country, I do not know how this one could not be in the running.

From the Bonnie Brook FB page:

Season passes have been ordered!!
If you want to be one of the first to have one then jump on our pre sale. you can find us at Fire Fighters on Mondays and Wednesdays, Starr park on Thursdays, and we will try and make it to Stoney Creek on a Friday before league ends. If you cant make it out to see us or would like to donate to our course we also will accept paypal, please leave your contact info in the comment box. Your pass will be waiting for you on your first visit to Bonnie Brook.
This season passes will be $25 and are good through March 1st of 2015 and our PayPal address is [email protected]
We also opened our basket raffle yesterday, $5 per ticket for a chance to win one of our orange and yellow permanent targets worth over $400

Cant wait to see all of you out there soon!!!

Posted on Essential Discs Facebook page:

Setting a Clean-up and prepare course date of September 20 and again October 4th to prepare Benton Township for the disc golf course. We will be bringing out tools to clear paths for hole placements and help clean up the park in general.

Benton Township is looking forward to see what kind of community support we get in these clean-up efforts to determine if it will be worth installing a permanent course rather than just temporary events. This is a great use for an underutilized and under appreciated park in an area in need of a course. If you have the chance come show your support!

River Park is a very good possibility for a decent disc golf course. Not a championship calliber mind you but a nice semi-wooded 18 holer at around probably 5k to 6k' with some interesting elevation. If you are going to be in the Saint Joseph/Benton Harbor area on either of those dates either post here or pm me and I can post directions.

From the Bonnie Brook FB page:

Season passes have been ordered!!
If you want to be one of the first to have one then jump on our pre sale. you can find us at Fire Fighters on Mondays and Wednesdays, Starr park on Thursdays, and we will try and make it to Stoney Creek on a Friday before league ends. If you cant make it out to see us or would like to donate to our course we also will accept paypal, please leave your contact info in the comment box. Your pass will be waiting for you on your first visit to Bonnie Brook.
This season passes will be $25 and are good through March 1st of 2015 and our PayPal address is [email protected]
We also opened our basket raffle yesterday, $5 per ticket for a chance to win one of our orange and yellow permanent targets worth over $400

Cant wait to see all of you out there soon!!!

Thanks for the update. :thmbup:

added a course at Caledonia HS south of grand rapids today. 9-hole, decent little course. nothing block buster but it's there.

Latest posts