• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Michigan New Course Updates

I could tell you but I'm not sure bill wants his secrets out ;)

Well it's closed until spring, so to me that means significant changes. Is he going to rework the start/finish of the course? I mean if I had to nitpick the course it's that 1 isn't very memorable or difficult, and 18 isn't the greatest finishing hole really. If you combined 17 and 18 into ONE hole, now you're talking. The rest of the course is perfect though so not sure what else he could do other than infrastructure improvements. Or maybe he's adding on.. got more land? These are all pure conjectures with no basis in fact or reality of course.

the overall layout will remain the same. some pins may be moved. and plans are in the works for the big red barn.

From DGS.
John Minicuci November 25 at 11:48pm
Sterling Heights ...
We broke ground today and will be working through the rest of the week. We have a skid steer rented and are blazing new trails towards a new 18 hole disc golf course. Thanksgiving Day will see a light crew out there working but all are welcome. Gloves, chain saws, tree clippers are all good choices to bring. We hope to be out there working by noon tomorrow, Wednesday, and will work until dark. Same for Friday. Saturday and Sunday we will be starting earlier. If you have some time, any day this week, feel free to stop on in and lend a hand.

Even though Nelson Park is highlighted on the north side of 15 Mile Road here on the map, I assure you we will be working in the woods on the south side of 15 Mile Road across from the highlighted park. You can enter off of Viceroy and into the parking lot.

Any work being done over the winter?

Stony Creek and Rolling Hills were in the process of adding more holes, anyone know when we can expect to play those?

Any work being done over the winter?

Stony Creek and Rolling Hills were in the process of adding more holes, anyone know when we can expect to play those?

I walked Stony Creek's new holes about a month ago. No baskets or pads, but everything was cut out. The guy at the shack said that it would be playable in the spring. Wish I had some actual dates, sorry

I walked Stony Creek's new holes about a month ago. No baskets or pads, but everything was cut out. The guy at the shack said that it would be playable in the spring. Wish I had some actual dates, sorry

They're using that land to the south of the current course right? We'll get some elevation in and out of them woods. :)

Does anybody know who is actually doing the work at either Rolling Hills or Stony?

John M and the MCCG have been leading the way at Stony. I think John posted the update on dgscene before Christmas. The Metropark crew is most likely involved too, similar to the 2012 expansion.

IIRC, John mentioned a new hole to replace the current #27 (downhill shot from snowboard hill). The downhill bomber will start off the new 9-hole loop.

John M and the MCCG have been leading the way at Stony. I think John posted the update on dgscene before Christmas. The Metropark crew is most likely involved too, similar to the 2012 expansion.

IIRC, John mentioned a new hole to replace the current #27 (downhill shot from snowboard hill). The downhill bomber will start off the new 9-hole loop.

Thanks donny. I will touch base with John. I was just looking to volunteer a bit.

Glad to have 27 change. Seemed like a tough walk back to the car from the last hole. :p

Any updates on the land near bay city state park. It was purchased by the city and was a little talk about a new d.g. course, where the old marsh point ball golf course..

Any updates on the land near bay city state park. It was purchased by the city and was a little talk about a new d.g. course, where the old marsh point ball golf course..

Not sure doc. Disc Golf Scene is often a rich resource for Michigan disc golf (if you were not already making use of it). Perhaps sending a shout out there to the comment board of the closest couple courses might yield some answers. Someone may answer here as well.

Does anybody know who is actually doing the work at either Rolling Hills or Stony?

Foz Miller has been heading up the new 18 at Rolling Hills. He is very active on Disc Golf Scene if you want to get in touch. :thmbup: