• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Michigan New Course Updates

Regarding that
... tough walk back to the car from the last hole. :p
... at Stony -
Last time I was out there, they'd cleared and flagged off a tee area (it was most of the way up that return trip), but not sure where the intended basket is to be. I like that there's some nice elevation available in that section, but it looks like anything in that section will be short and technical and/or take a lot of tree clearing and time to break in.

Given this weekend's snow blanket, I don't expect much to happen until spring.

CCR will begin planning a new course in Meridian Twp (Nancy Moore Park, I believe) around first thaw - need to see how the park floods in the spring.

Improvements continue this year for Fitzgerald Park. All 18 have cement pads and we have raised funds for permanent tee signs and "next tee" signs. Most importantly, we are going to replace all the old raskets and bent baskets, the whole course should be Chainstars by Summer.

About the Stony Creek redesign and new holes: Talked to the guy that runs the pay shack and he said that the redesign won't be done until maybe mid summer. They're way behind schedule. Still no baskets or tees in for the new holes. He also said that some of current final holes will be redesigned.

Exciting news for Grand isle park in Plainfield two.(Grand Rapids). The baskets are in the process of being ordered. Depending upon the amount of rain we get this spring we will have the course set up around June.
It will be a full 18, with a couple par 4 holes. At present it will be only disc golf in the park. The twp. Has plans to add to the park amenities but there is no plan for development at present. The course will be in parts of the park not affected by other activities, except the potential extension of the white pine trail along the rivers edge.

The funding for the course is possible from a donation from the Rotary club in full for the entire cost. Big shout out to them for making this possible.

The park is along the grand river and it has a tendency to flood. So let's all pray for light rains. It is a mostly open park with little elevation. However there are some ponds that will come in to play.

The course designer is Mike Durco.
The course will have new prodigy baskets.
The course will be another nice addition to the north side of Grand Rapids.

Hope this info finds you well this spring!

Exciting news for Grand isle park in Plainfield two.(Grand Rapids). The baskets are in the process of being ordered. Depending upon the amount of rain we get this spring we will have the course set up around June.
It will be a full 18, with a couple par 4 holes. At present it will be only disc golf in the park. The twp. Has plans to add to the park amenities but there is no plan for development at present. The course will be in parts of the park not affected by other activities, except the potential extension of the white pine trail along the rivers edge.

The funding for the course is possible from a donation from the Rotary club in full for the entire cost. Big shout out to them for making this possible.

The park is along the grand river and it has a tendency to flood. So let's all pray for light rains. It is a mostly open park with little elevation. However there are some ponds that will come in to play.

The course designer is Mike Durco.
The course will have new prodigy baskets.
The course will be another nice addition to the north side of Grand Rapids.

Hope this info finds you well this spring!

Hey, Great job. Another fine addition to that area. One more reason to come check out some great breweries and courses.

BIG NEWS for disc deprived peeps in the Thumb.

Arthur Latham Park in Millington will be expanding from 9 holes to 27 Holes! Supposed to be ready for play in late May.

BIG thanks to MDGO, Discraft and our State Rep Mark Stevens for making this possible! After a couple years of behind the scenes work, Mark was able to get this done. Discraft genorously donated the baskets to help the Thumb region get its first 27 hole public course. I'm sure there are more people involved in getting this done, so keep checking with dgcoursereview and discgolfscene for more info about their upcoming tourney and grand opening.

Finally, Thumbers will have an awesome AND large place to play without the long trek down to Memorial and Goldenrod. I think its even a short drive from the new MVP HQ so hopefully we'll see the bros out there playing too!

Great news and thanks again to all those involved :)

Any updates on McCourtie Park?

Ask Terry Calhoun, he's active on FB.

BTW, I'm pretty excited for this one.. Cool property. Should make a great course.

Sadly I am not on the Facebook... I did however grow up near here and played little league at this park. So I am stoked for it too!

You can skip Facebook and just make an account on Disc Golf Scene to get a hold of Terry. Not to mention that site is a great resource for all things Disc Golf in Michigan. :thmbup:

Update on McCourtie Park, they have 6 brand new baskets in the ground. Relayed to me by a friend at leagues this past Sunday, the baskets have silver chains, an electric blue basket and a neon green around the top. Haven't had a chance to get out there myself but now that they are getting baskets in the ground I just might have to check it out.

It is my understanding the pads will come later once the holes have been played for a bit and the layout/design works well. They didnt want to just throw it all in at once and be locked into it immediately.

Does anyone have the map of mccourtie park. I know i had it last summer but cant find it anywhere. Stopped by last night and was shocked that some sharp looking baskets were in the ground !!!
20150510_203831_1.jpg.html

20150510_210546.jpg.html

Does anyone have the map of mccourtie park. I know i had it last summer but cant find it anywhere. Stopped by last night and was shocked that some sharp looking baskets were in the ground !!!

20150510_210546.jpg.html

Hi Lee!

PS. If anyone heads out there I have a Crave on hole 3 (I think?) Purple and Orange.

I just read on Disc Golf Scene they now have 9 baskets in the ground as opposed to 6 of them a week or two ago. Going to check with Terry shortly about a map. Heard he may laser the distances and whip up a map sometime soon.

I was told the (proposed) tees should be flagged and that Hole #1 starts by the Tennis Courts.