• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Michigan New Course Updates

I just read on Disc Golf Scene they now have 9 baskets in the ground as opposed to 6 of them a week or two ago. Going to check with Terry shortly about a map. Heard he may laser the distances and whip up a map sometime soon.

I was told the (proposed) tees should be flagged and that Hole #1 starts by the Tennis Courts.

I live very near this course, hit me up if you want a round!

received_10105209314932933.jpeg.html

Looks like you are using the wrong URL for photos. Instead of grabbing the page URL go to the "Share Links" on the right hand side and click on "Direct", then post that URL in the insert image option. :thmbup:

received_10105209314932933.jpeg

Side note, looks like Ben already uploaded the Course and Map to DGCR under "Lady in Blue DGC".

Thanks for the offer, just might have to take you up on it. Looks like a 25/30 min drive or so for me, similar to Victory Park (Albion) and Big Portage Lake (Grass Lake). Jackson College is still the closest at least until Ella Sharp Park gets installed.

Link to the Lady in Blue DGC page on DGCR.

Aww Snap Ella Sharp is getting one?! I love biking out there! We must be neighbors! JC is my second closest now that McCourtie is somewhat there.

A couple updates that found their way to me this last weekend. Riverbends in Utica is coming along nicely. The new layout is terrific, but she is a bit rough around the edges. There are a few dozen posts ready to go into the ground for signs. This will smooth out navigation issues, one of the few frustrations of this course.
Holes 28-36, at Stony Creek are laid out and getting prepped for pads and signs this summer as well. You can take a look at the painted and flagged design by walking up the hill after the current 27. Great work by John and his crew.
Belle Isle is open and Bonnie Brooke is only a couple weeks away. Both will benefit from their first full season of play. Detroit Disc Golf!!!

Aww Snap Ella Sharp is getting one?! I love biking out there! We must be neighbors! JC is my second closest now that McCourtie is somewhat there.

Ella Sharp Park DG on MLive :thmbup:

It was approved as part of the park improvement grant, supposed to be a Ball Golf/Disc Golf tourney at Ella Sharp this summer to help raise some more funds. I am ready to volunteer some time to help clear it out when/if it happens.

There was talk about an 18 hole course in Holton, MI (east of whitehall) designed by the same folks that designed branstrom.
first 9 are cleared apparently! :)

There was talk about an 18 hole course in Holton, MI (east of whitehall) designed by the same folks that designed branstrom.
first 9 are cleared apparently! :)

Oooo. Very nice. Making the West Michigan Golf Coast even better.

Hit up Millington, Mill Creek and Sage Creek this fall! You'll be surprised in the quality of disc golf the mid-thumb is cookin'! East China and Ira courses will be in their best form. Newcomer Croswell will make you shat your pants :)

A couple updates that found their way to me this last weekend. Riverbends in Utica is coming along nicely. The new layout is terrific, but she is a bit rough around the edges. There are a few dozen posts ready to go into the ground for signs. This will smooth out navigation issues, one of the few frustrations of this course.
Holes 28-36, at Stony Creek are laid out and getting prepped for pads and signs this summer as well. You can take a look at the painted and flagged design by walking up the hill after the current 27. Great work by John and his crew.
Belle Isle is open and Bonnie Brooke is only a couple weeks away. Both will benefit from their first full season of play. Detroit Disc Golf!!!
Great to hear about Riverbends. I always thought it had great potential and I am moving close to there next month!

Hit up Millington, Mill Creek and Sage Creek this fall! You'll be surprised in the quality of disc golf the mid-thumb is cookin'! East China and Ira courses will be in their best form. Newcomer Croswell will make you shat your pants :)

You're building a pretty good case there Donny!

Well... unil the part where I'll shat my drawers :D

I am making a point to take you up on that in a few months! I'd love to make a day drip for some course bagging out that way in the fall. :thmbup:

* hope I can avoid $hat in my pants... makes for a long ride home.

Last edited:
Lol, the Croswell course is gonna be sick. Elevation, Black River, nice chunk of land, dg exclusive and the swinging bridge in play on two holes. Oh yeah, forgot to mention they are ordering Mach X baskets and park is supposed to bring in heavy equpment for the dirty work. Wish it was my project :)

Latest posts