• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Michigan New Course Updates

added "Carter's Course" in Fife Lake. The pictures on Facebook are pretty sweet. Been watching and waiting a while on this one.

There are also rumors of a course in Menominee.

Holton's course has 9 of 18 baskets in. I don't have enough info to list it yet.

Grand Isle is supposedly going in this summer...

Not a new course update, but...

Meyer Broadway in Three Rivers: 36 new tee signs, a large course map near the first tee at both courses, fairways being mowed wider (no more crop circles), cement being poured shorts on South, longs and shorts on North. Three holes on North were done yesterday, more today.

Meyer Broadway in Three Rivers: 36 new tee signs, a large course map near the first tee at both courses, fairways being mowed wider (no more crop circles), cement being poured shorts on South, longs and shorts on North. Three holes on North were done yesterday, more today.

It was incredibly beautiful out there Tim!!! Can't wait to get back and check out the Teepads :) Also, I need revenge on the back 9 of the Original. She's such a gargantuan trickster. Seduced me, then abused me :D

Agreed...

Have to get your birds by hole 10, not too many available 11-18. Last 8 tough for almost everyone. When Worlds were there in 2008, I don't believe any ams shot better than 54 (pros didn't play it). Glad you liked it.

Cannot wait to see this. I thought both of those courses really blew me away so all of that is a very welcome addition. Woohoo!

dave, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. Now, here's hoping aholes don't wreck these tee signs.

I don't know who is responsible for it but the improvements at Vicksburg are great. New benches, signs and so forth. Kudos to whoever is responsible! Thanks!

Anyone familiar with the torch lake to charlevoix area. There are a couple baskets visible from 31 by Barnes rd and Essex north of eastport. Thinking its a personal course but not sure...any info?

Anyone familiar with the torch lake to charlevoix area. There are a couple baskets visible from 31 by Barnes rd and Essex north of eastport. Thinking its a personal course but not sure...any info?

Not sure, but Ric Evans can be contacted via the Mt McSauba course and is pretty active up that way, same with maybe Forrest Olmsted, likely reachable through Avalanche. Both are on DGS.

Was out at Stony Creek and walked the additional nine. Tees and pin areas cut, trimmed and ready. Sounds like they have the pads ready to pour, just waiting for the right weather. They will be a great addition to a world class facility.

Was out at Stony Creek and walked the additional nine. Tees and pin areas cut, trimmed and ready. Sounds like they have the pads ready to pour, just waiting for the right weather. They will be a great addition to a world class facility.

Hopefully soon! It's been cut and marked for 9 months now. We actually threw it last October just for fun. The guy at the pay shack has been telling us "hopefully May", "hopefully June", "hopefully July". I can't wait!!!

Hopefully soon! It's been cut and marked for 9 months now. We actually threw it last October just for fun. The guy at the pay shack has been telling us "hopefully May", "hopefully June", "hopefully July". I can't wait!!!

I have had a conversation this week with the course designer and installer. He is making no promises. The cement work is a park hired contractor, also doing additional park work. Putting in nine holes, finding the volunteer work, and dealing with the red tape and politics of the park system can be nearly insurmountable at times. There will likely be a shout out for volunteers on DGS once the final push is on. It is close though. I am guessing mid/late August from the sounds of it.

You guys can always just shoot up my way to play!
We're still kinda new :)
222808_g.jpg

Hope to have more holes ready by next Saturday July 18th for our tourney!
Mill Creek Classic JULY 18th

222792_g.jpg

222793_g.jpg

222836_g.jpg

222833_g.jpg