• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Michigan New Course Updates

Come out and help celebrate A3's Thirtieth Anniversary

30th Annual No Foolin' Presented by DISCRAFT
March 30th and 31st Hudson Mills MetroPark

The area's first A-Tier of the season for AM's with $1000 added for Pros!!

Great players pack, raffles for annual Metropark passes and a Kestrel disc golf bag and an all you can eat brunch for only $6.00.

Check out the tournament page and register
https://www.discgolfscene.com/tourn..._Foolin_Tournament_presented_by_DISCRAFT_2019

A3 is under new leadership and excited to kick off a great Anniversary year with a ton of fantastic events and leagues. Our goal is to bring well run, efficient events with great players packs and payout options.

Check out our new A3 website
https://www.a3disc.net/

Or on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/A3Disc

Don't forget the Pre-Party at the Gulch on Friday
A "play as you come single tournament" in conjunction with player pack pick up

Just Foolin' Around

March 29th 2pm till 8pm
Merrilll Park West (The Gulch)

Come out and help celebrate A3's Thirtieth Anniversary

30th Annual No Foolin' Presented by DISCRAFT
March 30th and 31st Hudson Mills MetroPark

Man, I sure do hope they get more players there. 2 day events tend to be not so popular in Michigan from what I've seen.

IMO No Foolin was always great because it could accommodate almost 200 people (spread out over 2x 24 hole courses) and it was all done in a day. It was a always a fun way to kickoff the year in a more relaxed C or B tier format. A tier? 2 days? I guess they are turning this into their GLO now that it's gone, but for an A tier, relying on March weather to be not terrible is pretty risky, a lot on the line with all the merch and added cash, I hope it pans out for them..

... only offering FA3 and FA4 for women seems strange, if not outright condescending.

Last edited:
Man, I sure do hope they get more players there. 2 day events tend to be not so popular in Michigan from what I've seen.

IMO No Foolin was always great because it could accommodate almost 200 people (spread out over 2x 24 hole courses) and it was all done in a day. It was a always a fun way to kickoff the year in a more relaxed C or B tier format. A tier? 2 days? I guess they are turning this into their GLO now that it's gone, but for an A tier, relying on March weather to be not terrible is pretty risky, a lot on the line with all the merch and added cash, I hope it pans out for them..

... only offering FA3 and FA4 for women seems strange, if not outright condescending.

Nice feedback. I agree. The move to an A Tier was precipitated by the MDGO. We are making the move to use the tournament as a feature event. Next season hopefully offering State berths. March is always risky for sure.

I will take a look at the offered divisions. I don't think there would be any issue opening any division if the interest was shown. But, I don't want to look like we are discouraging anyone from playing...and certainly don't want it to be perceived in a derogatory fashion. One of the club agenda items for the year is involvement in the Midwest Women's Disc Golf Tour or similar.

It's been a while since I played in a No Foolin. Somehow I still have this relic sweatshirt from around 95. Would love to play in another someday.

41149359_1514112625355349_4029470611242745856_n.jpg

Nice feedback. I agree. The move to an A Tier was precipitated by the MDGO. We are making the move to use the tournament as a feature event. Next season hopefully offering State berths. March is always risky for sure.

I will take a look at the offered divisions. I don't think there would be any issue opening any division if the interest was shown. But, I don't want to look like we are discouraging anyone from playing...and certainly don't want it to be perceived in a derogatory fashion. One of the club agenda items for the year is involvement in the Midwest Women's Disc Golf Tour or similar.

Steve I didn't realize you were part of the team running things this year. That's awesome that you are! I really do hope it goes well and I also wish I had the time to play in it.

My feedback stands as is.. For the women's divisions, it's more of a perception thing. FPO and FA1 players will look at that reg list and say "it's not even worth my time". You can't rely on "interest being shown". In fact I did see one FPO express some interest, but still no division offered. These divisions need to be offered, in fact I'd even go so far as to say PDGA should require them to be offered at B tiers and above. If we are serious about growing the women's side of the game these things should be taken into account.

FYI played the Breakers in West Olive this past weekend. Not a place to play when it is windy haha but was still impressed at the layout. I realize this is on a Church property but does anyone know if there is any talk of running a tourney there? It's only about 55 miles or so from home so I'd be game for a tourney there if it works with the schedule...

A friend of mine was at Camp Agawam in Orion Twp and said he saw DG baskets in the park. I've never been there, but I guess the township took it over a few years ago. I see an article about it here https://oaklandcountyblog.com/2018/06/01/getting-lost-in-nature-at-camp-agawam/ but no mention elsewhere about DG.

Anyone know what this is about? Is this a course that can be played, or something under construction?

It looks like this course is still under construction. On DGScene Jeff Bauman said that 7 baskets are in and they're hoping to have the full 18 done this year. Below is the link to DGScene, Jeff's post is about 7 comments down, asking for volunteers for a workday on the course. If anyone knows more details about this course or future workdays, I would love to know more because I travel up that way for work quite a bit.

https://www.discgolfscene.com/courses/Seymour_Lake_Park/comments

There is a course on or near the campus of Hillsdale College, called Hayden Park DGC, that is currently not listed here on DGCR. At the time I got to play it last year it was a semi-private college course and meant for the college students only. I did stumble on a listing for it on Disc Golf Scene --> https://www.discgolfscene.com/courses/Hayden_Park

Seems it might be opening to the public now, still waiting on confirmation before I add it here. Guessing it wasnt getting used much by the college kids so that might have influenced them to loosen up the private designation. Local club did a tourney there last year as well, definitely a bomber course with some rolling hills. Dont believe a course map has been made yet so navigation may be tricky. Going to check again on private/public and if public will play it again and try to whip up a map for it.

It looks like this course is still under construction. On DGScene Jeff Bauman said that 7 baskets are in and they're hoping to have the full 18 done this year. Below is the link to DGScene, Jeff's post is about 7 comments down, asking for volunteers for a workday on the course. If anyone knows more details about this course or future workdays, I would love to know more because I travel up that way for work quite a bit.

https://www.discgolfscene.com/courses/Seymour_Lake_Park/comments
Thanks for the detective work! That's my neck of the woods, so that will be nice.

As summer fast approaches, my thoughts turn once again to Toboggan. What's the skinny for this year? It's my understanding that baskets will be in the ground from 29 May-7 July. Any chance of the course surviving another few days after the DGLO?

As summer fast approaches, my thoughts turn once again to Toboggan. What's the skinny for this year? It's my understanding that baskets will be in the ground from 29 May-7 July. Any chance of the course surviving another few days after the DGLO?

Still waiting for confirmation myself, but definitely looking forward to playing it again this year. Not very optimistic in it being open much if at all after DGLO. Probably best to plan something before to be safe.

Speaking of cool temp courses on giants hills, Timber Ridge will be open for 1 week this year in May. Tournament there in May and course will be put in one week before for practice, open to public.
--> https://www.discgolfscene.com/tournaments/Discover_Kalamazoo_Open_Amateurs_2019

From the 2019 USADGC page on DG Scene:
WE ANTICIPATE THE COURSE TO BE READY FOR PLAY ON TUESDAY, MAY 29, 2018!
This is based on installing the course AFTER Memorial Day and weather permitting.
Last year, they had a park employee in a trailer collecting green fees ($5 IIRC?). Expect the same this year... but at least it should be playable between the events (i.e. Mon, Jun 10th - Thu, Jul 4th).

UASDGC: Fri-Sun, June 7-9
DGLO: Sat-Sun, Jul 6-7
You might be able to play the day before the events... but it's generally designated as a practice day for registered players.
Plan on it being pulled after DGPT/Great Lakes Open.

Last edited:
Still waiting for confirmation myself, but definitely looking forward to playing it again this year. Not very optimistic in it being open much if at all after DGLO. Probably best to plan something before to be safe.

Speaking of cool temp courses on giants hills, Timber Ridge will be open for 1 week this year in May. Tournament there in May and course will be put in one week before for practice, open to public.
--> https://www.discgolfscene.com/tournaments/Discover_Kalamazoo_Open_Amateurs_2019

Timber Ridge is a beast....with a bar on site!! If you are planning a trip out there, give me a shout, FP.

*We just installed the first 4 holes of the new Sandra Richardson Park in York Twp (just south of Ann Arbor), today. Hole 1-2, 8-9 are now a playable loop with temporary tees and baskets. The rest of the 9-hole course may take all of summer to finish off. However, these 4 holes are open for play and make for quite the fun round and challenge. Hole #2 is a 470' mid level par-4 and hole #9 is a 640' par 4. Several OB's in play, mix of tight woods, fields and some elevation. Not planning to make a course listing here until the first 9 is fully installed.*
Sandra Richardson Park- entrance off Willis Rd, just 1/4 mile West of Willis/US-23. Hole #1 is right off the parking lot. Maps on the Throw Shop Facebook page and in the store.

My brother-in-law just accepted a position in Traverse City. So It looks like I'll have an opportunity soon to bag my first Michigan Courses :D. It appears that my prior wish-listed course Hickory Hills has been redesigned into 2 courses. Does anyone have info on when the new courses will open?

Side questions: When do they usually pull the baskets at Flip for the season? Is Leviathan seasonal too?

Latest posts