• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Mid range disc advice

Roc. Once you get used to it you'll find there are 50 variations on it and you'll search high and low to get each one. Other choices are Panther, Gator, and don't forget to check out good approach stuff. My game went from sucks really bad to only sucks ever so slighty with the addition of a pig and xd as approach discs. Always putt with a skeeter, they say it's a mid-range but I think Innova is lying. Have Fun.

I like the Roc, but I lOVE my Sharks. I can throw it straight, I can make it go left, I can make it go right. I could throw away all my other discs and be happy with a couple of Sharks.

I love my Buzzz because I can put about any line on it, BUT; if I want to be able to throw nice ad light and have the disc go straight, I go to the Coyote.

I throw a slightly beat DX Roc, KC Pro Roc, Star Cro, and Champ Shark. But I never throw any overhand shots with them - I use my firebird or Monster for those.

I prefer a 180g DX Rancho Roc (manufactured in Rancho Cucamonga, CA) - New, this should be able to handle whatever you can put on it without flipping over. As it gets used you will be able to hold long lines or get some rightward flight (rhbh)

I also think that the Discraft Wasp in a similar weight in the candy plastic is a great choice. It's slightly stable, will fly straight for a long time and will give you a left turn at the end.

Both are solid Midrange discs and learning how to throw either one would greatly improve your game.

Good Luck

There are two schools of thought. Either throw one mold in various stages of wear, or throw a straight mold and an overstable mold.

Examples of the first school would be throwing DX and/or KC Rocs or Wasps in various stages of wear.

Examples of the second school would be throwing a Buzzz/Wasp or MS/Sentinal.

I prefer DX and KC Rocs in various stages of wear (IMO, the Roc is objecively the best midrange if you evaluate all midranges based on what the desireable charictaristics of midranges are), but lots of people have had a lot of success with the other way, too.

(IMO, the Roc is objecively the best midrange if you evaluate all midranges based on what the desireable charictaristics of midranges are)

semantics, but if it's your opinion, there is nothing objective about it. if it's an objective truth, stating it has nothing to do with your opinion.

carry on. (roc on?)

semantics, but if it's your opinion, there is nothing objective about it. if it's an objective truth, stating it has nothing to do with your opinion.

carry on. (roc on?)
I noticed that too, but left it in because I thought it was funny. I'll call it a really really subtle commentary on the current state of disc golf education.

Drone, Buzzz, Wolf

what I have in my bag right now, but I used to throw a Rhyno and I loved it. They are listed from overstable, to stable, to understable.

my line up now w/o a mid is as follows:
Drivers- innova champion starfire -- discraft avenger
Fairway driver- innova champion teebird
putter- discraft magnet

I tell ya what, if you want a great mid range disc go with an Aurora MS from Millenium. has a different feel than most mid range discs but once you throw a few rounds with it you'll be able to throw this thing 150-200 with honestly almost no fade whatsoever. ive thrown my roommates buzz and its a good disc as well, but the Aurora just outperforms it in every category as far as im concerned

I tell ya what, if you want a great mid range disc go with an Aurora MS from Millenium. has a different feel than most mid range discs but once you throw a few rounds with it you'll be able to throw this thing 150-200 with honestly almost no fade whatsoever. ive thrown my roommates buzz and its a good disc as well, but the Aurora just outperforms it in every category as far as im concerned

Yeah, good disc to have in the bag.
Also use mine as a putter
Agree w/ the weight advice, the heavier, the better.

Still haven't found a better overall disc than the Buzzz. There is no disc that will hold as many different lines plus handle a good amount of power without getting flippy, although there is a stipulation here and that is that you must get it in max weight. I was it throwing alongside my drivers the other day to see how far I could get it with a power grip and it was landing about 30' shy of my drivers on a more controlled line. This is also the disc's Achilles heel because it has so much glide that sometimes it will sail past your target.

Is a Meteor not rated well as a mid? I bought one last week and played 36, using it frequently, and it was accurate and predictable, as advertised. -.5 was accurate for me.

Roc. Once you get used to it you'll find there are 50 variations on it and you'll search high and low to get each one.

what he's really trying to say is, you'll need 50 rocs to do what one buzzz does.

:D

Latest posts