• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Mid-range messup

tland447

Par Member
I am having troubles with my mid-range discs. I cant throw them without a flutter and them all going right. Can someone give me tips on how to grip a mid-range disc?

If by control you mean with your index on the outside of the rim, don't ever use that grip. It takes away power and control. Personally I like the Climo grip for mids and putters, you don't lose much power over a true power grip, but it's just more comfortable for me on deeper discs.

Now my only problem is my midrange/putters all go right crash hard and roll. Please tell me if you get what im saying

Search old threads for OAT. Off access torque. My guess is that you are throwing really fast and stable drivers, and your form is a mess. It happens. I would suggest reading the Discing down thread and starting to play putter only rounds. But hopefully someone better than I will come on and give you a more detailed game plan. When my form goes bad I try to throw putters and my Fuse more. The Fuse and Comet are both good for smoothing out your form.

Search old threads for OAT. Off access torque. My guess is that you are throwing really fast and stable drivers, and your form is a mess. It happens. I would suggest reading the Discing down thread and starting to play putter only rounds. But hopefully someone better than I will come on and give you a more detailed game plan. When my form goes bad I try to throw putters and my Fuse more. The Fuse and Comet are both good for smoothing out your form.

Definitely agree,I never really liked the way the comet felt in my hand(I know,satan) but the Fuse has helped me advance things along pretty quickly,definitely check one of those out and learn how to throw it on a rope.

You are probably rolling your wrist over (palm will face the sky immediately after the disc is gone), this imparts OAT and makes discs fly more understable. This is usually compensation for throwing discs that are too fast/too overstable (or both).

A good way to try and fix it is throwing slow, understable plastic on hyzers, and not allowing them to flip up. This works because it is very hard to make flippy plastic maintain a hyzer when you roll your wrist over.

Latest posts