• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Millenium and Discraft Flight Characteristics

mrstiggy

Par Member
I do a big "no-no" according to a lot of people. I carry a HUGE variety of discs in my bag. One thing that has certainly helped me with my Innova plastic is writing on the back of the discs its flight charictaristics that Innova publishes, eg. Star Mako, 4,4,0,0.

Even though I carry mostly Innova, I do have a few Discraft and Millenium in by bag.

Does anyone know if you can get these numbers for Discraft and Millenium?

I know Lat64 puts that info out for their discs.

Yeah, I have seen this chart before, I guess I would have to re-write all my discs, but it would be real nice if I could get the innova/lat64 stats

Just find the Innova disc that is closest to the disc you have and use those numbers to stay consistent. For example: On Joe's the Polaris LS and the Cheetah are almost the same (except for a 0.5 LSS difference). Orion LS almost equal to an Orc.

Just find the Innova disc that is closest to the disc you have and use those numbers to stay consistent. For example: On Joe's the Polaris LS and the Cheetah are almost the same (except for a 0.5 LSS difference). Orion LS almost equal to an Orc.

Or maybe just reduce the stash. If you carry a ton of molds onto the course, there is bound to be significant overlap among all those discs. Figure out which ones you throw the most, keep those, and retire/marketplace the rest.

http://www.discgolfcenter.com/ publishes Innova like ratings for all discs. You can get your numbers from there.

Of course, that's just one person's interpretation of a disc's characteristics. You may agree, you may not, but at least it's a start for you.

I played one of my best rounds ever yesterday just using 3 discs I don't even carry. It just shows how much the discs you carry doesn't matter as much as how you throw them. I lean more to the bag minimalist side I guess.

What do these numbers do for you?

I would think that if you are as intimate with the numbering system as it seems that you could throw one and know what it was.

Otherwise you are just picking up a disc because of the numbers you wrote on the back and what good is that?

Just trying to figure out the purpose here.

meh Joe's isn't superb on their accuracy - granted it's not an easy task. Though it is cross-brand so that's nice, and at least it's ballpark.

Specifically - the Drone should have a longer range than 2.5. I parked a 260' hole (level) today with mine and I only throw a Valkyrie about 50-60' further.

I think 2.5 is pretty accurate. With your logic the wizard, and many/most other putters, shoud have a higher range number since they can surpass 260.

I don't want to perpetuate the threadjack (even though I will), but remember that any flight chart is subjective by nature.
I have found Joe's Flight Chart to be the best, but I still disagree with some of those numbers. It is a really great chart to use to compare discs across manufacturers. It's a great way to look for new discs to try. Also remember that is is a general guide, your results may vary.
Still, it is a good guide and I applaud all the people who put these flight charts together.
Every flight chart I look at teaches me something.

What do these numbers do for you?

I would think that if you are as intimate with the numbering system as it seems that you could throw one and know what it was.

Otherwise you are just picking up a disc because of the numbers you wrote on the back and what good is that?

Just trying to figure out the purpose here.

Its mostly just the stability ratings based on the shot I want to throw such as a spike hyzer or an anhyzer. I use the numbers to determine the amount turn I want. (High Speed Turn and Fade).

The disc rating systems that Innova and Discraft use are their own. They came up with them on their own and there is no one policing the accuracy or their claims about their respective products. What the PDGA needs to do is come up with a uniform system, rate the discs themselves and tell the manufacturer's what they need to put on the discs so that the end user (us) can compare discs when making a purchase. Right now we are forced to accept what the manufacturer's are telling us their discs do.

The disc rating systems that Innova and Discraft use are their own. They came up with them on their own and there is no one policing the accuracy or their claims about their respective products. What the PDGA needs to do is come up with a uniform system, rate the discs themselves and tell the manufacturer's what they need to put on the discs so that the end user (us) can compare discs when making a purchase. Right now we are forced to accept what the manufacturer's are telling us their discs do.

:clap:

I disagree. The only thing the PDGA should be worried about is if the discs conform to the rules. Whether or not they fly worth a darn or how they fly compared to one another is outside the scope of what a governing body for organized tournament disc golf should regulate. It's not their job to sell discs or make sure customers are informed. That has nothing to do with organized tournament disc golf.

I don't think it has anything to do with selling discs.

If the PDGA tested discs as part of their approval system at least there would be a consistent record of their flight characteristics. It wouldn't be making any sales recommendations, just "X disc is approved and these are its flight characteristics".

As of right now, the PDGA is the only organization that reviews every disc. Joes, Marshell St., others really don't review every disc. Marshell St. is very outdated and they don't even do putters. Joe's is outdated too I believe.

Latest posts