• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Millennium] Millenium Quasar Part Deux

Necrobump, anybody throwing these? How do 1.3 and 1.4 bottom stamps fly? Anybody try the M-lines?

I tried out the Standard plastic Quasar when the First Run dropped a couple years back. Hadn't really thrown 13 speed drivers up to that point but was looking for something to start more overstable than the Standard Scorpius and remain useful for longer. The stability was there, but the glide seemed a little lacking (the standard one I got was somewhat flat). Didn't end up liking the wider rim and kept using the Sirius Scorpius in lighter weights. I'm looking to try the Quasar again, ordered a couple newer 172g Sirius 1.5 bottom stamp ones and will break out the 175g MS 1.1 to see if I can get some additional distance over the Scorpius & Falcon for certain courses/long open holes with wind. PD2 has filled that role but they are hard to come by in S-line in the low 170s.

Last edited:
Reviving this to say that Gatekeeper still has some 1.1 Helio Quasars on their sight and they're offering 25% off right now. I just picked up one for $23 with shipping and tax (takes off about $6.50)

Anyone know if the Halo Quasars are the same run as Big Jerm's Halo Bosses?

I've now thrown both and they seem to be pretty similar plastic blend, flexibility, and flight characteristics. Had one of my furthest flat ground distance throws doing field work with the Helio Quasar already this year (~445' w/ minor skip).

Comparing the Helio (Blue rim, white center - 172g) to my beef Sirius 1.5 (Pink/Orange stiff - 172g) the Helio definitely has more glide and holds release angle/speed for longer. The Helio Quasar outpaced the various Scorpi' by 20-30' when I got the Quasar up to speed.

Latest posts