• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Millennium] Millenium Quasar Part Deux

i was just looking around and apparently they are releasing Quasars in Zero-G (Blizzard) plastic as well.

i'm resurrecting this thread again...

i went to go restock on some quasars and noticed that a new run was much different than my beloved FR's. there were three on the rack that were not FR's but were just like mine but there were two that seemed to not only be much domier but had a blunter nose; the wing just seemed thicker. i didn't like the way it felt in my hand as much, it was harder to get a good grip on.

anybody else who throws these noticed any new ones like this? i hope it's just normal innova practices and eventually they will run some more like i like them.

next time i go to PIAS i'll take pictures, didn't have my phone on me.

Any updates? I was thinking about gathering a few different speed 12/13 discs to try once spring rolls around and the quasar seemed promising to fulfill the role of both max distance and wind fighter. At gggt, though, they are domey and slick POS. They feel gross, like you would hardly be able to hold onto them. And I threw qols/qolf for a bit, it isn't supposed to be like that.

Any word? Or should I pass?

Any updates? I was thinking about gathering a few different speed 12/13 discs to try once spring rolls around and the quasar seemed promising to fulfill the role of both max distance and wind fighter. At gggt, though, they are domey and slick POS. They feel gross, like you would hardly be able to hold onto them. And I threw qols/qolf for a bit, it isn't supposed to be like that.

Any word? Or should I pass?

You could try getting one and washing it with soap and water. If that doesn't work, you could try lightly rubbing the rim with acetone. If that doesn't work, you can trade it online where people can't feel it in advance.

You could try getting one and washing it with soap and water. If that doesn't work, you could try lightly rubbing the rim with acetone. If that doesn't work, you can trade it online where people can't feel it in advance.

Haha, yeah, forgot about the soap and water. I can't sell something like that on here though; i have a flippy piece of **** z comet too, just can't bring myself to sell it without warning everyone first. Too nice, sometimes.

I love my 157 zero g quantum quasar. I used to throw a 157 blizzard boss and find the quasar way more predictable and just as long. I just scored some 171 first run merlot which I cannot wait to try as soon as it warms up

Resurrecting this thread again. Has anyone had a chance to throw a domey zero-g quasar? Those things are stout!

yeah i got a 159, they have a bit more turn than the non blizzards but still have that strong fade on the end. man they crush.

the normal runs are in jolly launcher now, much more domey than the original runs.

Yeah, I got myself a pop top with a normal looking plh...but the zero g at gggt all were super flat, incredibly high plh.

I managed to find a super flat 171 as well, another monster high plh...think I will have fun throwing these against my giants.

I had a first run 175 quantum stardust, I aced hole 8 at central park within 2 weeks of bagging it but lost it at hansen park during a night round when the batt came out of my throwlite on a treeshot. awesome flier, but the inside of the rim on mine was sharp like a cheese grater, which is likely why I never bought another. also, the new runs are dome monsters... :gross:

Just got a Sirius Quasar and its the beefiest one Ive ever thrown. Now dont get me wrong this isnt a Stilleto, it still has some HSS to it, but it definitely is a much better wind disc then say a sparkle. This is something I totally needed, its so hard to find a speed 13 disc that has this type of stability. Basically its a faster bottom stamped Scorpius!. Im picking up as many as I can get since this isnt a standard run.

Started messing around with a sparkle Quasar the other day and it BOMBS. Not as overstable as the Scorpius, at least in the HSS department. It has very nice glide for a champion disc. I think this will be replacing my Zero-G Scorpius for max distance drives. It should make a great compliment to my beefier Scorpius.

I just received a new Zero-G Quasar 163g, and on the stamp after the word Quasar there is a circle with a 1.8 in it, anybody know what this signifies? I also laughed printed on the inside of the flight plate is "DISC GOLF ONLY", seems self evident however I think you would play catch with a speed 13 disc once.

Latest posts