• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Millennium and Hyzer Bomb partnership

thumbs up!!! the velcro floor was really my only complaint about the bag so far really. it is a good move to change that up. thanks for the changes and the response!!!!:thmbup::thmbup::thmbup:

No problem. We are trying to listen to feedback the best we can and make the bag better each time we run a production.

Honestly the Velcro floor was my only issue too, at first. Now, however, it hasn't botherede a bit. Hasn't come undone once.

:thmbup:

Two issues....
The bottom panel of the top pocket is falling through under the weight of a simple poweraid. Irritating but I guess I just won't carry heavy items there. Now I have another issue with the design. The plastic panel in the bottom of the bag (that is velcroed in) pokes me in the back. It is SOOOO frustrating because I love the look, love the amount if stuff I can carry, love the price, love the lifetime guarantee, but with that panel in my back it is unbearably uncomfortable. So now, these two issues have me unsure of my bag selection

Finally got to play 18 holes with the Flak last night and have a few pros and cons.

Ranging from minor inconvenience to slightly more irritating (not really major though)

1) The bottom snaps where the rainfly attaches seems to catch on my belt loops while I'm carrying it. May just be the pair of shorts I was wearing last night, time will tell

2) The velcro shelf (as everyone else has said) is skeet. It feel through by the 2nd hole with just a little weight. If they're redesigning this portion of the bag, I recommend just making that a soft floor/pocket cause once the floor falls through the items in there are just sitting on top of the discs anyway. A soft floor pocket also provides more room in there for whatever you're putting in there.
If you're changing to zippers, that's fine, but that's probably a costly upgrade and you really don't have to. You could fix the problem by changing the orientation of the velcro. I don't believe it would separate as much of the edge of the fabric velcro's up instead of down.
To explain: If you're looking at a side profile of the bag and the front is facing to the left and the back towards the right, the soft fabric floor of the upper compartment goes from the front of the bag to the back and then the edge folds down to velcro against the back. Which causes the weight of the items to pull the velcro apart. However, if the velcro were on the opposite edge of the soft fabric the bond between the soft and rigid sides of the velcro would be stronger and hopefully prevent separation.
I'm addressing this issue by buying some fabric and sewing up an insert to take the place of the hard floor, so the whole upper area is one large soft pocket. I'll post pics once its done.

3) The straps are not as robust as I had oped they would be: This was honestly my biggest disappointment. All the other great features of the bag are lost if the straps don't last. I read that they are upgrading the straps on the next round, which is great for future customers. That said, I played with a guy that had the Dynamic Discs Ranger bag last night and the Flak straps are quite a bit better than the Ranger straps.

Now, the good

1) Light, light, light: Did I mention this thing was light? Like half the weight of my Carolina Team Bag and it is even more comfortable on my back
2) Storage space: There is a ton of storage space for everything I need. I'm still trying to figure out where to put a birdie bag, but that's my problem. I also carry about 5 more discs than I used to and the bag is still lighter than my old bag.
3) Comfortable: Even with more stuff, it is still lighter and more comfortable than my old bag.
4) It looks cool and shaved 5 strokes off my game (not really) but it does look cool.

Now, the good

1) Light, light, light: Did I mention this thing was light? Like half the weight of my Carolina Team Bag and it is even more comfortable on my back
2) Storage space: There is a ton of storage space for everything I need. I'm still trying to figure out where to put a birdie bag, but that's my problem. I also carry about 5 more discs than I used to and the bag is still lighter than my old bag.
3) Comfortable: Even with more stuff, it is still lighter and more comfortable than my old bag.
4) It looks cool and shaved 5 strokes off my game (not really) but it does look cool.

Nice write up. It's feedback like this we need.
The zipper was a tad more but worth it. We fixed up 4-5 other things not mentioned but everybody who had an issue, we think we actually solved them this next run.
We will run a trade in program again for those who bought the last run and want to experience the sweet things and new colors on this next shipment.

Today we finally got the new color samples in and I have to say... Other bag companies will try and copy our color schemes... They are just that good and this run has the last run beat by a mile. :clap:

We will bring back the grey/green combo as well as a new limited edition scheme and two brand new color combos. We will reveal those once we set up a pre-order. The pre-order will only go up when we have a concrete date on a shipment. We don't want anybody waiting too long, but rest assured... After our meeting today it does NOT look far off.

We will run a trade in program again for those who bought the last run and want to experience the sweet things and new colors on this next shipment.

I'm listening, tell me more...
I actually like the orange and black more than I thought I would. I'm sure the green and gray would have been fine too. I am more interested in experiencing the upgrades than a new color

Two issues....
The bottom panel of the top pocket is falling through under the weight of a simple poweraid. Irritating but I guess I just won't carry heavy items there. Now I have another issue with the design. The plastic panel in the bottom of the bag (that is velcroed in) pokes me in the back. It is SOOOO frustrating because I love the look, love the amount if stuff I can carry, love the price, love the lifetime guarantee, but with that panel in my back it is unbearably uncomfortable. So now, these two issues have me unsure of my bag selection

This exactly for me....I was really excited to get the bag and overall its really nice....but my top panel falls through every now and then and that is no biggie to me. My bag is a black/orange one I got from the pre-order.

The real problem for me is the plastic panel poking me in the back as well, it really gets ya. I have found it's caused by the seam drooping so that the hard plastic panel has no padding between its edge and your back, just a thin layer of nylon. I have cut two pieces of foam camp pad the same size as the black plastic and raising it up so the padding on the back is between the sheet and the body (my black plastic bottom insert came loose in the box)....the discs still stay in but it really takes away from the look with blue foam chilling in there!

Now the makeshift blue foam is drooping and still getting some poke action, dont want to add anymore cuz the discs are really high up already. I really wanted to send the bag back as soon as I realized the sheet was going to bother me, but the rest of the package is so sweet that I decided to make due. Making due is not the feeling I expected at this price point. Also I am getting scratched by a corner of one of the bottom feet pretty badly when putting the bag on sometimes. Its almost like it needs padding further down the back. Or the seam between the back padding and bottom of the bag needs to be re-done to disallow the drooping factor, which allows the bottom plastic panel to be below the back padding and the corners of the feet to come in contact with the body.

After all that complaining I just want to say this was my first spendy bag and I waited a long time to purchase.....so I was coming from the perfectionistic/idealistic mind state when trying this bag out. I feel I should list some positives here to be fair, as I have played probably 15 rounds with the bag now.

The looks of the bag are still keeping me happy, and the overall quality seems very high still. The zippers are sick and the nylon seems more than tough enough but still light.

I have found the hole bag to be very waterproof, even without the rain fly, and in several drenching Oregon rain storms. Add the rainfly and you are good to go in anything, unbutton the two bottom straps and you have easy access and a sweet disc golf cape, yes! The rubberized bottom panel and feet are key, and work really well.

Storage wise I am fully satisfied even for a winter setup no prob with tons of stuff. The pockets and water bottle holders work great for varying size objects/bottles. Stool holders came undone at first until I figured out to form a x by crossing them, problem solved.

The top handle works awesome, the bag stands so well it has not fallen once even on decent hills or sitting on a stool fully loaded. I love the external putter pocket for one challenger and always use the two side pockets for a river and a teebird.

There are so many positves to this bag that I feel like I am forgetting several. If the problems I stated above were fixed I would really want to upgrade though as they do take away from my enjoyment of this fine piece of american gear. After the money I spent though I doubt I will be able to talk the lil lady into much more so I guess I will stick with it or wait and see what kind of options are made available. I really wish the bag did not do these little things wrong cuz I want to love it and can tell it will last me a really long time.

just got my bag in Thursday. haven't got to hit the course with it yet but will very soon. I already noticed the issue about the top compartment and the Velcro. I think I may possibly build a pvc frame on the inside of the bag to alleviate that problem. if and when I do ill post pics. super pumped about the bag though nevertheless. here is a pic for yall.

Attachments

• 20130926_185945.jpg
    20130926_185945.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 65
For those of you who have the flak bag and are having the issues with the Velcro top compartment and the issue with the thing sticking in your back when you have the backpack on.....I have solved both issues! I will post later tonight as to what I have done to make the improvements to the bag.

I just received my new Flak bag on Thursday but had been reading about the problems people were having. I also experienced the same problems today when I used my bag for the first time.

1. The top compartment will not stay velcoed very will with any sort of weight in it.

2. the hard plastic piece on the bottom does dig into your back when you are walking with both straps on.

Those are honestly my only two complaints. Other than those two things the bag is absolutely money!

Lets face it though, we paid really good money for the bag and hoped we wouldn't have any complaints but that didn't happen. And I know that it sucks having to try to fix those two problems or just deciding to live with them. I decided to see what I could do to fix one of them though (the sketchy top compartment) and ended up fixing both of them unintentionally!
The best I could figure for a valid solution was pvc pipe and making a little shelf for the top compartment. see pics for details. I haven't tested it on the course yet as I just did that directly after my round today. so I will update on how it holds up, but I don't foresee any problems. Also I though that I might have to have less discs in the main compartment, but that wasn't the case, both discs on each end just sit up a little higher than the others, which to me is no big deal. If anyone wants any further details on building this for themselves let me know. I will gladly share!

Attachments

• 20130928_182747.jpg
    20130928_182747.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 59
  • 20130928_182944.jpg
    20130928_182944.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 60
  • 20130928_182955.jpg
    20130928_182955.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 61
Forgot about the second problem. The square base of the pvc piping is a little bigger than the hard plastic panel on the bottom, so when you put it on your back, U feel the round pvc piping and not the hard plastic edge. Also the piping hits where the padding is as well so it feels 100 times better. Didn't set out to solve this problem but glad I did! it will make for more comfortable dg rounds!

That looks like a pretty good solution. My one recommendation would be to put end caps on the 2 tubes that face forward so they don't rub on the inside of the bag and cause problems down the road.
I'm working on my "solution" tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully I'll get it done and I can post my remedy for people that don't want the added weight (all be it minimal) of the pvc frame.

That looks like a pretty good solution. My one recommendation would be to put end caps on the 2 tubes that face forward so they don't rub on the inside of the bag and cause problems down the road.
I'm working on my "solution" tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully I'll get it done and I can post my remedy for people that don't want the added weight (all be it minimal) of the pvc frame.

Funny u mention that. I put 90 degree elbows turned downward on the ends after I took the pic. End caps is a good idea as well, just didn't have any handy.

What do you guys think about this color combo? We have even more styles and colors coming!

10025892334_bfeee4c05a.jpg

10025943326_58f0c88c8c.jpg

10025994453_42f976bc73.jpg