• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Mini Buzzz

Stable

* Ace Member *
Is the Mini Buzzz a good toss & catch disc? Looks like it would make a great mini but I was thinking of picking up a few if they are good throwers too.

The Lil Wizzes are in a softer plastic and seem to be better catch discs. The MB is fun too though.

Discraft says it is a legal mini. The PDGA the rules say otherwise. Buzzz mini 6" dia. = 15.24 cm

A legal pdga mini is between 7 and 15 cm and not higher than 3cm. Not that it should matter but...

btw, I just measured a tin of Copenhagen and determined that it does not meet the legal definition because it is less than 7cm in dia. Danggit.

Last edited:
Philo used a Cheeseburger as a mini one time, and we're going to call a fault on someone for .24cm?

I would never call someone out for using a Mini Buzzz as a marker. Just pointing out what the rules say. That story about the cheeseburger mini is classic. Did he finish the burger?

I once played with a guy who used a bottle of gold bond powder as a mini

Is the Mini Buzzz a good toss & catch disc? Looks like it would make a great mini but I was thinking of picking up a few if they are good throwers too.

They are fun to throw, but I wouldn't want to play catch with one. Lil wizard is a better call.

I don't understand the mini craze all of a sudden these things are everywhere.
Unless less you have little kids you giving them to play I don't get it

I don't understand the mini craze all of a sudden these things are everywhere.
Unless less you have little kids you giving them to play I don't get it

If you ever get a chance to play a mini course, give it a shot. It's actually a ton of fun. Not sure if you can use something like the mini buzz or sonic jr for mini rounds, but the sonic jr is a ton of fun to throw.

Been looking for a lil wiz where are they available?

Marshall Street has some for sale.

^^thanks! do these mini buzzes fit into a mini basket. they seem big. I'm thinking of getting a couple mini baskets for a mini course in my yard with my son and the local kids. these buzzes seem legit.

I just saw one of the pros using of these in the BHMO, so I'm guessing he isn't worried about the legality of it...

I just saw one of the pros using of these in the BHMO, so I'm guessing he isn't worried about the legality of it...

Would be pretty ridiculous to try and call someone out on that. As a player you'd have to decide to be 'that guy' to enforce a mini infraction.

These minis bomb. I saw some dudes ripping smooth low line hyzers btw 260-270. I don't know how far you can throw a regular mini but i was extremely surprised.

I am pretty sure they would be considered legal. Mini markers are their own subsection in the rules and it is stated they must be between 7cm and 15cm. They do not undergo the test methods for High-Tech discs, which specify that measurements are in tenths of cm (or hundredths rounded up).

Rules of math would argue that 15.24 cm is in fact 15cm. To count as the next highest size (16cm) it would in fact need to be 15.5cm or greater.