• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Mini Damage

So I went out with my buddies Lance and Steve today to play Reedy Creek here in Charlotte. The baskets were mostly in the short positions on the course, so my friend Lance (who is borderline pro), decided he would just play using his two mini discs. Steve and I arent the greatest players by any stretch of the imagination, but i figured we could handle Lance if he was just using minis. I was wrong. Lance ended up +4, Steve +5 and I ended up +6. We got handled by a guy throwing a freaking mini disc! Jeez. Any of you guys had anything similar?

That is pretty insane. I am guessing it wasn't too windy that day either?

What grip did he use to throw a mini? I assume this was a short course, or did your friend the semi-pro find a way to throw his minis 300 feet? :eek:

Yeah, its a short wooded course. A lot of the pins were in the short position, so it averaged like 230-240 or so. He just threw it backhand hyzer. The mini is really understable. It's also a weighted mini, so it goes pretty far actually.

Reedy Short

Reedy Creek is in the short pin positions right now. That means there is only one hole over 300' with about 7 under 200'. Total for the whole course from the original pads when in the shorts is only 4013'. Some players don't put a driver in their bag, there a few that only carry a putter to play it.

I do not know this person, but its apparent that some of you have never seen a mini fly when thrown by a person who really knows how

there are quite a few people who can throw them accurately between 250-300 feet - at worlds every year they have a "mini" tournament - also one at the players cup

there is a "mini" course set up at the IDGC that was designed by current Masters world champ, Gregg Hosfeld

It may sound fishy as one person put it, but it is true. We played a second round using regular discs. I shot even, Steve shot +4 or so, and Lance shot -14. He's pretty good. He kept telling us to "fear the mini". Ha!

Despite the smack talk, he's one of the nicest guys I know, and has helped me immensely as far as my game goes. He's always giving me tips when we play. I met him playing at Kilborne park and at the time I threw sidearm almost exclusively. He convinced me to start practicing backhand, just using sidearm when I needed it, and two months later my game has gotten much better.

since most minis fall through the basket because they're so small, was there any confusion if it went in or fell through or did you just give him the benefit of the doubt?

Latest posts