• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] MINT Discs - Bobcat?

BrotherDave

Crushing on Zoe and Hating on Keegan
Diamond level trusted reviewer
So a mid range? Do tell.

Approved: 1/31/19

From Facebook. I believe this is from Booter

So i guess y'all wanna know about the bobcat right? [emoji16] I took plenty of pics but if yall want to see something specifically,lmk. Ive had it 2? Weeks or so and have thrown 5 rounds with it along with several practice sessions. I am recovering from some tennis elbow so a lot of my shots were not 100%

When Team MINT received this small sample, we were given a choice of apex or eternal and I gravitated towards the apex since it felt better in my hand. The latest apex blend is amazingly tacky and pliable but not overly gummy so it is currently my favorite atm. It also was flatter than the eternal bobcats I felt and tested and i prefer that in my miss.

The apex's are a tick more high speed stable than the eternal bobcat, they're a little more resistent to turn but not so overstable that it isnt workable. It really can be a versatile midrange and will become even more workable once it breaks in. It truly is an alpha midrange if that gives you any inclination to what we are testing.i feel it can be used by any arm speed, be it backhand or forehand.

Mids i had at my disposal and compared the flight next to were the RDG Gila(think San Marino Q Sentinel), verdict, roc3, wasp and the gator. I felt the flight was closest to a Gila/Sentinel and verdict but not as OS as a gator. So, between a roc and gator if you will.

It loves to be thrown with power , a POWER midrange would be a good way to label it. Though,if you throw it softly or on shorter shots,it is still very easy to range and shape lines with. People are going to be able to carve lines with this bad boy,so trust it and it'll do the work for you.

Like the alpha, i feel like this disc can be sneaky long in the right hands. Ive had shots that seemed short and went further than i thought. 325 and in is about what ive been using it for. Ive had slower armed players throw this disc on flex shots and it went longer than they normally throw a mid.

Power hyzer, chip shots, fh cut rollers, fh shots, flat shots, flex shots...id say that classifies it as versatile. I dont have a great fh but it feels so comfortable in the hand being that its beadless, it comes out so clean on a frozen rope. People will be able to toss this with some power behind their fh and be able to trust it.

For reference, my bobcat is 175g, max weight will be at 177.6g according to pdga measurements. I honestly see this being a mid that can break in and fill other spots just like the alpha. Imagine carrying multiple bobcats and multiple alphas for several spots and only 2 molds! Familiarity and mold minimalism just makes executing shots so much easier.

So,if you finished reading that novel i just typed,thank you for your time,i really enjoy this mid. I put together a vid today of some shots to give you guys a glimpse of how it flies,sorry if you can't see the full flight,I was on a time crunch on my lunch break and only had 1 bobcat [emoji38]

Any questions,pic requests or whatever, don't hesitate to ask. #MINTtoBE #TeamMINT

https://youtu.be/xZqJZw3NqIw (throws with the bobcat)

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I'll be in his neck of the woods on the 16th. Hopefully I can test it out

Light blue disc into a grey sky. Bad color choice for video work.

i realized that after i posted the video. :\ fwiw, i only had a choice in in either a blue eternal bobcat or a blue apex bobcat,not to mention it was my first time taking video just to post for the fans. next time i will be more conscious of that sort of thing. :)

Sounds similar to the Runway.

i have yet to throw a runway but i was considering it the week before i was told the team got some bobcat testers. a buddy has a runway so i will be trying to compare the 2 when i get the chance to see him. the runway sounds more buzzz os where as the bobcat is akin to a san marino q sentinel/verdict/ gila/ emac truth etc.

plainly put, it was what i wanted the buzzz os to be before the buzzz os came out. now that i think about it, it might be closest to a nebula, more hss in the flat apex i have though. the eternal might be closest to the neb as they were a little straighter than the apex bobcat.

if any of you are on fb, i posted pics of the runway next to the bobcat for comparisons. specs are pretty close but the runway has a uniquely shaped wing.ive not had the chance to throw a runway though,i only had access to a new one last night.

Here are two of his pics for the Book of Faces averse:

Runway on top
HX8lFgl.jpg

Bobcat on left
knCjAn8.jpg

-----------------------------------------------

A more workable Runway would be a really good mid, I'm definitely interested. Those two Bobcats' rim profiles look really different to me. Are they molded up that different in the two plastics or is just the lighting playing tricks on me?

its just the lighting, i had a friend say the same thing. the only difference i saw between the apex and eternal bobcats were the center dome, apex was flat and eternal had a small rise but not a pop top or even moderately domed. the bottom pic is the runway on the right if that's the pic in question.

i dont post much on here because it seems to not be fairly active for the most part but MINT is shooting for the bobcat's release this month! keep an eye on the MINT fb pages and instagram account, current info is always posted there.

Same question has been asked for 2+ years. You're not going to get the answer

i guess i wont buy their discs if i don't know where the plastic comes from. how silly to keep that a secret.. my local shop doesnt carry them either and i dont know anyone who bags MINT to feel the plastic, so i guess it will always be a mystery to me :eek: thats too bad

hard to beleive someone hasnt bought one and compared molding marks and plastic feel with streamline discs?

Last edited:
i guess i wont buy their discs if i don't know where the plastic comes from. how silly to keep that a secret.. my local shop doesnt carry them either and i dont know anyone who bags MINT to feel the plastic, so i guess it will always be a mystery to me :eek: thats too bad

hard to beleive someone hasnt bought one and compared molding marks and plastic feel with streamline discs?

It's been unofficially confirmed as MVP molded a few times, so you can be pretty confident. If the plastics didn't give em away, the identically shaped weight sticker should.

The lacking of official confirmation is likely due to MVP placing restrictions, rather than Mint not wanting to be forthcoming. They've published a lot more info about runs/plastics than most manufacturers.

Yeah it's 100% not MINT keeping a secret... This is a company essentially built off of the concept of nerding out over EXACTLY what run/plh/plastic/flight path your disc has. It would be completely out of character for them to hide that kind of information if they were allowed to share.

To add to what Hyzer said, the little horizontal "injection points" that allow MVP to add an overmold to their discs are also present on the Alpha. It's MVP plastic, if blended slightly differently in some cases to MINT's specifications.

So anyway, where's my Bobcat? I live in constant fear that they're gonna launch and sell out before I get my 4 or 5... :)

Or you can trust the product that ZJ has put out, in4d

MINT posted this...

Attachments

• 60045171_2267520093464577_8426054733227098112_o.jpg
    60045171_2267520093464577_8426054733227098112_o.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:

Latest posts