• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] MINT Discs - Bobcat?

So, one of my friends is needing an OS compliment to his KCPro Roc and Icon Ghost (he doesn't haunt these forums, so I am asking for him). Would the Bobcat fit into this slot? He is not a power thrower, but he uses a lot of flex shots the carve lines in the woods; his forehand isn't all that great, but he is an old school frisbee thrower... good control on angles.

Holding a Bobcat at the store, I am guessing it flys like a little shorter Z Wasp, mabe a bit more OS, ( I throw MVP putters and drivers, but you have to talk Discraft mids to me), maybe halfway between a Wasp and Drone?

What plastic/color/run is the firmest? We differ on what mids we throw, but we both want them super firm.

the bobcat is exactly that, i was an avid wasp thrower myself(early 2000s and 4pt wasps). if he likes to use flex shots , this is a good mid for that and will work out of an anhyzer shot,both fh or bh. my old z wasps were reliably os but these probably have a little more HSS that you dont have to worry about them flipping in a heavy head wind. this mid is what i wanted the buzzz os and nebula to be. prior to wasps, i was throwing buzzzes(barstamps) and always wanted a "buzzz" type mid i could rely on in the wind but without the bead of the wasp. while this is shorter than a buzzz, it is that reliability i wanted.

the royal plastic is very similar to old gravity/pro d plastic, firm rim and just a tad bit of give in the plate. there are firm clear purple, clear pink, clear green, clear blue , clear orange eternal bobcats that would fit the bill. in apex, its probably harder to find unless you specifically ask whoever is selling or get to hold one hands on. i have come across firm and flat, white, purple, pink, green, blue in apex.

the premium plastics are pretty consistent across the board, lighter weights will hold straighter just a little longer and heavy weights are a little more HSS.

Big fan of the feel of the Royal Bobcat I got with the pack. Gonna try and pick up a Mustang tonight.

the newest run of sublime bobcats are going to be available for early release at the capital of texas open this weekend on saturday 5/14 at live oak brewery player party! come out if you're in the area for some sweet new merch and discs.

ps, this means the stock release should be hitting retailers soon after!

Attachments

• 279978662_3108791362670775_2852842036880574553_n.jpg
    279978662_3108791362670775_2852842036880574553_n.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 24
  • 280122286_3109525575930687_3162503070302793676_n.jpg
    280122286_3109525575930687_3162503070302793676_n.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 22
I have a sublime bobcat first run that feels so so "gummy amazing perfect" but it's dark green and I'm afraid to throw it, so it's currently on my wall (I collect cat discs). I just got a second run that is WAAAAAY stiffer, much to my chagrin. Haven't thrown that yet either. Really hope it breaks in to have the flex of the first run. It's freezing cold out and I need flex right now! Got a Taco Cat on the way too. I think these are the only 3 sublime runs so far? Really would like to hear from the Sublime Bobcat experts!

I'm way late to the Bobcat party. I had credit and picked up a Sublime Bobcat after round one of a tourney yesterday. Threw it FH/BH at lunch break. I inked it right away and bagged it. Used it on round 2. I really like it so far. Not as overstable as my Legacy Badger (Aztec Serpent). That things a monster. Would you call the Bobcat a faster Zone? I'm not a Zone guy, but I think I could see it described as that.

Last edited:
I'm way late to the Bobcat party. I had credit and picked up a Sublime Bobcat after round one of a tourney yesterday. Threw it FH/BH at lunch break. I inked it right away and bagged it. Used it on round 2. I really like it so far. Not as overstable as my Legacy Badger (Aztec Serpent). That things a monster. Would you call the Bobcat a faster Zone? I'm not a Zone guy, but I think I could see it described as that.

I still want a gummy Bobcat that isn't my forest green FR that I'm too afraid to throw! When Sublime FLX!? Cmon Mint! You need more flexible plastic for us northerners!

In my mind, I've considered the Bobcat a more stable Buzzz.

Latest posts