• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Mint Discs

The discount code was a nice touch. :thmbup: It off-sets the cost of shipping so I went ahead and pulled the trigger on a Blue Eternal.

Really looking forward to the checking out the versatility as I have been carrying Eagles in different stages in order to cover most fairway shots.

The discount code was a nice touch. :thmbup: It off-sets the cost of shipping so I went ahead and pulled the trigger on a Blue Eternal.

Really looking forward to the checking out the versatility as I have been carrying Eagles in different stages in order to cover most fairway shots.

Nice! We've been really surprised by the love of that color. It probably has the most pure flight too.

Blue was never a fast seller in my Disc Nation days, but we can't keep them in stock with MINT.

By the way...the discount code is active through today for those that want to listen and get it :D

I was at DiscNation checking these out a couple weekends ago. I noticed that a fair number of discs had these unusual indentations around outside of the rim. You guys know what's up with that? I figured it had something to do with the molding, it was only with a few specific color/plastic combos. White Apex and Gold Sublime if I remember right.

I was at DiscNation checking these out a couple weekends ago. I noticed that a fair number of discs had these unusual indentations around outside of the rim. You guys know what's up with that? I figured it had something to do with the molding, it was only with a few specific color/plastic combos. White Apex and Gold Sublime if I remember right.

Yup part of the injection process. From what we've seen, depending on how the disc molds and flashing is trimmed it will be more/less noticeable. Doesn't seem affect flight or grip.

Just got a chance to toss a couple of these. I got one in each plastic, and man are they all great. I think I prefer the sublime and eternal the most, the apex is killer too tho. Has great glide and a very mellow fade. I love it, was afraid it'd kick my teebird and thunderbird out, but actually they seem to be a great compliment. I have been reaching for it more and more, with less late fade I prefer it off the tee right now. I can aim for a spot I want and hit it with very little effort, and it seems like it needs less room to work then my Tbird Or ThBird. About to head out to the field and really push its limits. But yeah, great work on this one and can't wait for more!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which is the firmest plastic?
I the videos that I have seen, they seem to be too soft

The blue and orange eternal are the hardest from what I felt. Pink was probably too soft for your liking. So yea, blue or orange eternal.

Apex is similar to discmania s-line more then innova star from what I've felt of both. If anything they feel really well balanced, enough sturdiness to throw confident but enough give to absorb impacts from inevitable rocks and trees. I don't like gummy or super soft plastics, none of them felt overly squishy(technical term) Only got blue in apex so not sure on other colors. The sublime feels really nice to me, not soft but some give to it.

My favorite so far is the sublime, good grip but not super tacky. Has a good pushback when gripped, which I like.

I the video I saw, it looked like Sublime was firmer than the Apex. I am a big fan of old Neutron; on the current MVP runs, I like Plasma better(firmer). Is this a comparable plastic blend?

A lot of the firmness depends on color. Whit and Blue Apex are pretty stiff, but our Red Apex is a little softer and more poppy dome. I'll be posting a list of all the color details and Serial # stuff in the coming weeks. I'll typically be doing this as we get near the end of selling a run and we get customer feedback on each color.

Do they just have the fairway driver ALPHA? It has the numbers of a teebird3 and I really like that disc. Anyone have one to show pictures or share a throwing experience?

Do they just have the fairway driver ALPHA? It has the numbers of a teebird3 and I really like that disc. Anyone have one to show pictures or share a throwing experience?

The Alpha is the only disc they have released, so far. There are pics and reviews in this thread.

Think teebird3 with more glide and slightly less fade.

Think teebird3 with more glide and slightly less fade.

Well this pretty much answered my question. BUT haha

Anyone else able to compare this to :::

Teebird
Teebird3
TL
FD
Crave
F5

any comparisons to those is fine. but to me a T3 with a lil less fade sounds $

Teebird

Teebird3

TL

FD

Crave

F5

I could make comparisons to all, but in the end I'll be describing the same thing, a beautifully crafted weapon of the fairways.

Teebird - Faster, more distance potential
Teebird3 - Easier to range longer/shorter
TL More of a straight line disc, not side to side like TL
FD Similar glide and speed out of the hand
Crave haven't thrown, can't compare
F5 haven't thrown, can't sompare

Did my best to help based on what I've thrown.

I wouldn't say it has less fade than a T3. At high speeds the fade is much more forward, less dumpy. But when you try to range it a little slower, it does show a 2-3 fade. It is super cliche, but this just is one of those discs that does what you tell it to do. Some discs show it better, and as a person that has reviewed a lot of discs here, on DGR, and at DN...this is one of those molds that stands out with out it shapes lines.

I got an Apex Alpha a couple weeks back and got to put it through the paces this past week.

I'm a mid power level player anymore. Average BH drive 360-375 with pulls in the 400s occasionally and FH drives aroun 300-320.

I will agree with the sentiment that it is one of those discs that's very responsive to how you throw it. I like to release pretty flat to slight hyzer. The disc would just go straight and continue going straight through about half of it's fade before falling out of the air. I got a white domey one and it has a very noticeable glide, especially towards the end of it's flight. On anny release, it would hold for me about half the flight then start panning out back to a left finish. On FH drive, i never got a turn and burn. It's always was a very nice S line flight.

I really dig the plastic. It's been stormy and humid in OK this week, but never had any major grip issues.

I can't comment on wear really because with all my throws, they went where I wanted them to and never got a tree.

I can see this taking the one last PD and 2nd Run FD out of the bag. I really want to try the other two plastics to see how they compare. Then it may replace a larger section of discs for me.

Looks more white'ish to me.
Alright let me know, thanks! :popcorn:

(Im somewhat familiar with volts and this driver really interests me)