• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Modified M-14

jchoate7

Eagle Member
I recently modified my M-14 practice basket to turn it into a "bullseye" or "marksman" basket. Figured I would share with DGCR in case anyone wanted to do the same to theirs.

This post will contain my original modifications done 2 years ago and immediately following will show the modifications I conducted yesterday.

The original modifications was to turn my M-14 into an M-21. I was getting a lot of spit outs with the original M-14 basket and wanted something that would catch like the baskets on the course. I had 7 half links welded to the top frame of the basket and used screw links to attach the chain to. The basket catches amazing now but after 2 years of sitting outside started to show signs of rust where the welds were so I spray painted to help protect the metal.

Attachments

• IMG_3602.jpg
    IMG_3602.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_3603.jpg
    IMG_3603.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_3604.jpg
    IMG_3604.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 63
To turn my basket into a "bullseye" or "marksman" style basket to help with my putting game I unattached all my screw link chains and bolt cut the original outer chain link at the top and replaced with screw links. Now all I do is simply unscrew the outer chains and move them into the center to create my "bullseye" style basket. Works great and actually catches decent considering how close the chains are to the pole.

I hope you can all take use of this! Good luck and PM me with any questions you may have about how I did this.

Attachments

• IMG_3605.jpg
    IMG_3605.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_3606.jpg
    IMG_3606.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 55
I thought the thread was about a cool rifle mod.

That would have been a modified M-15*** :D

As for the paint job all I did was use spray paint. Just used a metal specific spray paint to ensure that it would stick better. It's been holding up pretty good so far.

M14
m14_m1a.jpg

Replaced the historic Garand. Modified to become the epic M21 7.62 sniper rifle in Vietnam. Now that's an M14 mod. ;)

Basket looks good. I've got a cross-chain hive and have been trying to figure a good way of doing this. I tried a similar setup with S-Hooks and removed the cross-chains, but it just looks shoddy. Meh.

Latest posts