• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Molds you tried this year that made the bag, and those that didn't.

Waves replaced Terns after about a dozen throws with a few Waves.

I've added an Eagle-X since I was cycling fresh Rivals so quickly. I'm pretty happy with it.

Proxy made the bag immediately. I think that was a 2015 release.

I'm on the fence about KaxeZ and Relay.

Made the bag:

-Harp
-Buzzz OS
-Teebird3
-TL
-King
-Stiletto

Didn't make it

-Verdict - I really liked it, but flipped over too easy for an OS mid, if lower power or hyzer it will hyzer out deep. Nice feel, nice speed, but accuracy was not the best. Buzzz for straight Buzzz OS for Overstable shots, the Verdict was neat, but nothing better than that combo. I'll hang onto it to use in my 'quick-round' bag.
-World- Almost same reasons as verdict. Sometimes it would flip over too hard, other times it wouls hyzer skip hard. If you get the perfect laser it has a long flight, but I have more control out of a D3, Destroyer or Outlaw
-Halo - More understable than expected....I had 2 halos both 172+ Sadly lost my Decodye Halo, which was sweet, I liked the disc but not enough to replace it...I like the King a bit better or Tern for US Dist Driver
-2016 Ace Race disc....just not a great putter or thrower in comparison to my Pa4-pa3-harp setup
It'll be used in the backyard and for others if friends need discs.

Inertia is the only disc that made it in.

I managed to drop a couple though...Valks and Drones are both out. I am trying to consolidate even more though so a few more might be gone. I'm more interested at the moment in working more angles and less discs.

My season was cut short the second week of June, so I didn't have a chance to test very much.

That said, I really liked the S and C line DDs.

Not enough throws with the Krait to make a determination.

Scale didn't make it.

Made the bag:
Axiom Virus
MVP Amp, Volt, Crave
Innova KC Pro Avair, Star Teebird
Discraft Elite X Buzzz, Glide

Didn't make the bag:
Innova Beast, Pole Cat, Rhyno

Undecided:
Latitude 64 River Goldline

The new molds I tried this year and liked:

1. Prodigy PA1 - Started out with a 750 for stable drives and approaches. I immediately liked the flight of the disc, the lack of a bead and how relatively shallow it is. I've recently picked up a 350g for putting on windy days. This disc may become my official putting putter because my PA4 is better suited for longer putts (outside of 30ft) and don't perform well in windy situations.

2. Axiom Insanity - Great understable driver that has found a spot in my bag. I use this mostly for BH hyzerflip shots that I need to go long. I would describe this as a speed 11 driver that I can get bomb as far as a Tern but with less effort. This was a slot I was missing and I'm glad I checked out this Photon Insanity. The color options with Axiom discs are really cool too.

Molds I tried and didn't like:

1. Discmania TD - I had been wanting to add a Discmania mold to my Discmania Grip bag for a while. The TD (C-175) was just too stable IMO. I was looking for a hyzer-flip driver and found that with the Axiom Insanity. Not saying it's a bad disc....just not what I was looking for.

No to;
Missilen
Inertia
Anode
XXX
Katana
Suture
Fracture
Reaper
D3
D4
M2

And a bunch more...

Made it;
Justice
Rask

Maybe, or situationally;
Solace
Orc
Atom
Sheild

Might make/Sometimes makes the bag:

Rhyno
Zone
Classic Roc

Won't make:

Viking
Thunderbird
Theory
Sidewinder
A bunch of other crap I don't recall.

Made it:
Opto Trident (short range Firebird)
Zero Medium Spike (finally found the understable compliment to my Pures)

Didn't make it:
DX and Champ Polecat (not as good at shaping as I wanted)
Protege Clutch (a little bit too understable, came out of hand with wobble)

Testing:
Champ Leopard3 (much straighter than standard Champ Leo, not sure it understable enough to push out Patriot)

Made it:
Opto Trident (short range Firebird)
Zero Medium Spike (finally found the understable compliment to my Pures)

Didn't make it:
DX and Champ Polecat (not as good at shaping as I wanted)
Protege Clutch (a little bit too understable, came out of hand with wobble)

Testing:
Champ Leopard3 (much straighter than standard Champ Leo, not sure it understable enough to push out Patriot)

Ive got 2 Leo3s. Haven't thrown either. They both have different PLHs. I had a worn in Champ TL that I lost and have't been able to find anything to replicate it. Any chance these might be the one? I need something in between my Underworld and Teebirds

I've had it for more than a year, but after a four disc round yesterday my DX Polecat may have just knocked three of my Judges from my bag. I took the Polecat, a Classic Hard Judge, my Icon Patriot and my Z Zombee for a quick round often throwing both drivers from the tee and putting with both putters. I was doing a lot better with the Polecat than the Judge, both in terms of percentages while close but also in terms of sinking longer puts and upshots. It could easily replace all three base plastic Judges that I bag, leaving only the Lucid as a more stable driving putter. The Zombee also did alright, and I'll probably keep it in the bag if for no other reason than because I'll have more room trading one disc for three and it offers some different options than my slower, glidier Ghost and Comets.

in

Wraiths
Nova (testing this winter)
Colt (testing this winter)

out- all but my beat in pd
Couple of others came out this winter but cant quite remember
-

In:
Berg
Kaxe
Inertia
Relay
Theory
2nd run FD

On Fence:
Viper (testing now)
Roc3 (one on the way now)
5th run FD
Orbital
Proxy
Serpent
Scale

Out:
PD
P2
Gremlin
MD
Ladyline FD
Kaxe Z
Vulcan
Destroyer
Sidewinder
Colt
Thunderbird
Shark
Yeti Aviar
XXL Gummy Aviar
Polecat
Volt
Atom

Tried and made:
Pure
Breaker
Colt/Chief (gonna be Colt now because there is a premium plastic blend)
Tursas
Comet
BuzzzOS
Zombee
Witness
Eagle
Saint
QOLF

Tried but didn't make:
Anode
Vector
Wasp
Drone
Clash
Predator
Flick
Avenger
Crush
D4
Crank (sometimes it's in there for open courses, and I'm feeling particularly confident)
World (same as above)
Missilen

Ive got 2 Leo3s. Haven't thrown either. They both have different PLHs. I had a worn in Champ TL that I lost and have't been able to find anything to replicate it. Any chance these might be the one? I need something in between my Underworld and Teebirds

Are Star TLs too stable? A Icon Patriot is less stable but still really straight. Champ Leopard3 has more turn than my Patriots.

Are Star TLs too stable? A Icon Patriot is less stable but still really straight. Champ Leopard3 has more turn than my Patriots.

it takes forever to beat a good Star TL into being flippy enough to do left to right stuff

Made:
VIP Air Giant (replaced G* Boss)
Champ Panther (relaced Pro D Buzzz)
Z Comet (Panther killer?)
Teebird (went from "on fence" to bag fav. Replaced Eagle)

Didn't:
Firm and Medium Summit
Firm and Medium Ridge
Opto Pearl
X Stratus
Prod D, X, ESP Avenger
Medium Ibex
Star Gazelle
Enforcer

- My favorite of the discs that didn't make the bag were the X Stratus and the Enforcer.
- The biggest turds of this group were the Pro D and X Avenger

On the fence still:
Sorcerer
Trespass
T3 (likely to make bag)
Scale
S Magic (likely to make bag)

Last edited: