• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Most Beat Up Baskets?

Embshoff in Cincinnati still has the original Mach I's from when the course was installed. All the cages are bent, and most are missing several bars that cause fall-throughs. None are set at the same height as any of the others, and all the chains are quite rusty. That said, they match the horribly lumpy and unlevel trees.

Even with all that, the course is a fun little putter nine though.

The ones at Highland Hills have gotten pretty bad
8cfa3006.jpg

...and the ones at Embshoff are almost legendary now (some resting on the weird asphalt slabs, some only 8-14" off the ground, etc.), but no one has added any decent pics recently...probably out of respect (you don't go out of your way to post pics of your grandpa doing poorly, and hospitalized...that would be in poor taste).
ae7dfbc0.jpg

edit: I see you beat me to it, tbird!!

Ouch, highland has gone downhill. It was just a mediocre nine anyway (before the redesign - haven't played it since they reopened it), but the baskets were at least intact.

Haven't even thought about snapping pics at Embshoff. Probably would be a good idea. You know, for posterity's sake...:D

The ones at Highland Hills have gotten pretty bad
8cfa3006.jpg

...and the ones at Embshoff are almost legendary now (some resting on the weird asphalt slabs, some only 8-14" off the ground, etc.), but no one has added any decent pics recently...probably out of respect (you don't go out of your way to post pics of your grandpa doing poorly, and hospitalized...that would be in poor taste).
ae7dfbc0.jpg

edit: I see you beat me to it, tbird!!

Those are pretty bad. I do not even understand what would cause that kind of damage to metal baskets like?

Actually, after I took that pic, I did try to jerry-rig it a little with some wire and duct tape, so I hope anybody who plays there knows how easy it is to help out with the cosmetic fixes...

Buccaneer Park in Waveland MS has baskets still in use that rode out the 30-foot surge from Katrina. Its doubly sad in that it reminds me of how nice the course was before the hurricane.

Boone Co Parks took the old baskets from Boone Woods and used them when they created the course at Walton Park. I believe the original Boone Woods was installed in the mid 80's, so the baskets are probably around 30ish years old.

Chains hanging freely from a couple baskets. Hole 2 has a target that is missing a section of the basket. Several have bent up racks, and they're all pretty rusty.

Actually, after I took that pic, I did try to jerry-rig it a little with some wire and duct tape, so I hope anybody who plays there knows how easy it is to help out with the cosmetic fixes...

When I saw that basket, the first thing I thought was "how many locals have played those baskets how many times and no one has even taken 10 minutes to clean up those chains a little with some cheap wire and a pair of pliers". Maybe no one really cares.

Why step up when someone else will in say, 4 or 5 years, maybe. Good on you though, sisyphus.

When I saw that basket, the first thing I thought was "how many locals have played those baskets how many times and no one has even taken 10 minutes to clean up those chains a little with some cheap wire and a pair of pliers". Maybe no one really cares.

Why step up when someone else will in say, 4 or 5 years, maybe. Good on you though, sisyphus.

And you know those exact same locals whine and moan about that basket every time they play, saying something along the lines of "I can't believe THEY haven't fixed this basket already, how long are THEY going to leave it like this before THEY do something about it?" while walking away.