• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Most consistant long thrower?

Markus Källström and Steve Rico and earlier the Jarvis brothers have thrown faaar on golf courses and in recent years Avery Jenkins and Garrett Gurthie have really made waves although Christian Sandström has held the distance record for a long while. Considering the discs available a lot of earlier generation throwers have put in impressive efforts. Like 500' air shots with a Viper probably on demand from Tomas Ekström. And many others.

Brinster is up there. He might not be as faar as some of the top distance guys (even though he can still bomb), but has one of the most precise driving games I've ever seen.

Saw Garrett Gurthie throw at the NCDGC this year...the man can absolutely crush...

he almost got that one in the pond

Unity: we may have covered this, but I can't find the PM. Did you play for Iowa State? I played you in the second team round on the hogback

Yeah, I was the one with a GripEq bag. Shot good on the first day of singles, horrible on the second. You were the other person there with a Grip bag, right? You crushed a couple out there in the distance comp as well.

yep that was me. got second at 550ft. had record for like 3 minutes. we got no where near GG. he is just on that next level

Doesn't Avery now have the "unofficial" long distance record of 843' or something?

I watched Dion Arlyn put one well over 800' at GBO this year. Only reason it stopped is a stupid building they didn't think would come into play. Z Nuke but I am unsure of the weight.

If the question is about the most consistant long thrower, I would think it must be the guy who has won the most distance competitions.

Not the record holder, not the guy who can bomb on golf lines, those are not the question !

GG is the most consistant and farthest throwing golf in the wolrd! Im still an AM but I can throw as far as the top pros, Ive beaten Uli, Nikko, Emac, Robbie Bratten, Devan Owens, Will schusterick, David Wiggins, etc...but Avery Jenkins, Matt Orum, Big Jerm, or GG are the only ones who I cannot seem to beat! If i throw 560 Avery will throw 570 or 580 same with Matt and Big Jerm....but GG will throw 50-100 ft father then mine every time! Ive seen GG throw 30ft past a 650ft hole! its seriously just unreal!!!

osw33094 said:
GG is the most consistant and farthest throwing golf in the wolrd! Im still an AM but I can throw as far as the top pros, Ive beaten Uli, Nikko, Emac, Robbie Bratten, Devan Owens, Will schusterick, David Wiggins, etc...but Avery Jenkins, Matt Orum, Big Jerm, or GG are the only ones who I cannot seem to beat! If i throw 560 Avery will throw 570 or 580 same with Matt and Big Jerm....but GG will throw 50-100 ft father then mine every time! Ive seen GG throw 30ft past a 650ft hole! its seriously just unreal!!!

Did you follow the link and read what it says? No doubt that the guys you listed bomb. But Chris Max Voigt has thrown over650 in a distance comp every single time the last nine years, and afaik he probably only does one distance comp every year.

rehder said:
osw33094 said:

Did you follow the link and read what it says? No doubt that the guys you listed bomb. But Chris Max Voigt has thrown over650 in a distance comp every single time the last nine years, and afaik he probably only does one distance comp every year.

Yes, you're talking pure distance there. OSW was talking about on the course distance.

How about his goody? Seriously guys watch it or regret.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvsHetJkKFo&feature=related

cool vid but would have been nice to see some actual throws

Latest posts