• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Most creative/useful/favorite player pack goodie

What would you like to get in a player's pack?

• Tourney stamp disc(s) - just plastic

Votes: 24 22.4%
  • Disc + Mini Clipboard + Scorecard

Votes: 27 25.2%
  • Disc + Steel Water Bottle

Votes: 12 11.2%
  • Disc + custom Pint Glass

Votes: 28 26.2%
  • Disc + Handwarmers + sharpie

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • Disc + Custom Koozie

Votes: 9 8.4%
  • Disc + Mini

Votes: 9 8.4%
  • Disc + Custom stamp Towel

Votes: 19 17.8%
  • Disc + Pencils + Sticker

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Disc + Iron on Patch

Votes: 15 14.0%
  • Nothing at all

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Other: Please describe in thread

Votes: 10 9.3%

• Total voters
This summer I've grown fond of bandanas. I'd dig a tourney stamped bandana. They're dead useful.

mini clipboards are money. Beer is nice too.

This summer I've grown fond of bandanas. I'd dig a tourney stamped bandana. They're dead useful.

I'd bet the majority of disc golfers would find them useless, though.

mini clipboards are money. Beer is nice too.

Once you have one mini clipboard, how many others do you want?

Beer probably would have a high popularity level, though a minority of players who don't drink, have little use for it. It also has the benefit, unlike most trinkets, of being enjoyed and then you're done with it. It is, however, problematic in many of the places where we hold tournaments.

These, as well as the bandannas, are great items to have available in conjunction with a voucher players pack; things players can choose if they don't want discs or shirts, but don't get stuck with if they don't drink wear bandannas, or already have 3 mini clipboards.

In addition to what David said, there could be serious legal issues (which I'm sure vary greatly from state to state) regarding the serving/distribution of beer, and you obviously can't use it for any junior levels, or even for Ams and Pros who aren't yet of legal drinking age in that state.

not discs. Most people have their bag together and backups to boot at home. What do you do with more discs ? SPecially if you dont even have the model in your bag ?

Bandanas are useless to the majority of disc golfers?! Noooo way. A bandana can serve so many purposes. Wipe off sweat or mud, cover your neck/head from the sun or bugs, swat away bugs, swaddle a baby, makeshift diaper, makeshift tourniquet, emergency TP, display gang colors, or just hang it on the wall. All of which, I have done this summer btw... :D

Mini Clipboard and reusable score card (with 27 holes not just 18) by far the best players pack.

I don't care about random plastic (though due to BG Ams players pack i started throwing breakers and mako's...so maybe there is something to it.

Quite varied responses and opinions about what people like in a players pack. Perhaps the old addage You can't please all of the people all of the time, has never been more true.

In some ways, the voucher some have a few mentioned might be the best suggestion, but to make that work, you really need to carry enough merch to provide a reasonable selection for players. By the time you put together a decent variety of discs (molds, manufacturers, plastics), shirts, towels, etc, you pretty much have a small store. Could easily be more cost and trouble than it's worth, unless you're able buy a stock of items with the local club logo and hang onto them for future events and such.

Because what's the point of a voucher if players are limited to a few different molds in 1 or 2 types of plastic?

Custom mug seems pretty popular...

Last edited:
Quite varied responses and opinions about what people like in a players pack. Perhaps the old addage You can't please all of the people all of the time, has never been more true.

Yep.

I'm not sure vouchers and inventory are really an issue. No one says a players pack has to be custom-stamped. But if it is, and you want to go with discs, you can get several molds. By the time the last players claim their players pack the selection might be low---but that's no worse than having just one type of players pack item to begin with.

Otherwise, if you've got stock to pay merch prizes to amateurs, you've certainly got stock to pay players packs in vouchers.

never even thought of this. I would love a tournament "stamped" umbrella. I would even travel a good distance to a tournament if I knew they had one in the pack...haha
last year we got these in a players pack. SICK! I covet it, sits in my room cause I am forgetful and dont want to leave it at the course. but people still chatter about it, and even offer to buy mine (ya right).

This thread has been an interesting read. It shows how different we are as players.

Yep.

I'm not sure vouchers and inventory are really an issue. No one says a players pack has to be custom-stamped. But if it is, and you want to go with discs, you can get several molds. By the time the last players claim their players pack the selection might be low---but that's no worse than having just one type of players pack item to begin with.

Otherwise, if you've got stock to pay merch prizes to amateurs, you've certainly got stock to pay players packs in vouchers.
^ good points - fair enough.

This thread has been an interesting read. It shows how different we are as players.

Also, if you think about, shows how puzzling it is for TDs, trying to decide on what's best to do for a tournament. And this is only one, pretty small aspect they have to decide about.

Custom printed bic lighter
Custom printed vacuum insulated water bottle (expensive but warranted)
Bottle opener
Stashing mini set
Hoodies
Dg plans/kits for items like disc storage, carts, wall brackets or whatever (low cost and high fun factor)
Small lunch bag style cooler that fit inside bag side pockets.
Gift cards to bars and eateries (especially if players party is there or close to the course)
Free entry into club league night

Latest posts