• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Most Gratifying Shot

Which shot makes you feel the hottest?

• 160' Ace

Votes: 35 21.0%
  • 500' Roller for an easy par

Votes: 8 4.8%
  • 100' Dead-nuts straight putt

Votes: 61 36.5%
  • 260' Off-hand/sidearm gimmie bird

Votes: 6 3.6%
  • Tough 260' up after a bad drive for easy par

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • >100' Tight, get-out-of-trouble technical roller

Votes: 5 3.0%
  • 150' Scoobie park job going under super low branches

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Making the narrow double mando at 260' on a 400' hole

Votes: 6 3.6%
  • Hammering the top of the basket on a 240' downhill hole with an overhand

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Any time I don't go OB

Votes: 11 6.6%

• Total voters
What makes me feel sooooooo good is when I bing a tree right off the tee and then my second shot rings the chains, such a sweet sound

mn bro, I was up your way earlier this month in Hagerstown and Walkersville.

What's the "mn" mean? I'm a computer/texting language noob... and generally a little slow sometimes.

Anyway, did you get to play an DG? I haven't gotten to play Whispering Falls (closest course to Hagerstown) or Heritage Farm Park in Walkersville yet, unfortunately.

sorry it was supposed to be "nm" which stands for nothing much. I played heritage farm and the nine holer in woodsboro. I've played Heritage Farm a few times and it's fun throwing big shots on but is really just in a giant field. The Woodsboro one sucks because it's not maintained at all and a couple of the shots are dumb. The land at the woodsboro course has a ton of potential and could be great if they redesigned a few holes.

sorry it was supposed to be "nm" which stands for nothing much. I played heritage farm and the nine holer in woodsboro. I've played Heritage Farm a few times and it's fun throwing big shots on but is really just in a giant field. The Woodsboro one sucks because it's not maintained at all and a couple of the shots are dumb. The land at the woodsboro course has a ton of potential and could be great if they redesigned a few holes.

That's cool... but also kind of a bummer since they aren't very nice. I'll probably play them both this Summer when my wife and daughter are shopping. Have you played Middletown? It's nothing to write home about but it really looks like the back 9 will be a lot more interesting when the new trees grow a little over the next few years.

And speaking of gratifying shots, a nice spike hyzer over the trees on #7 at Middletown is a lot of fun!

I played Middletown last year and it was pretty fun. I really need to find a way to get away from the family when I head up to Maryland and play Patapsco, it looks sick.

Also a spike on seven at Middletown is fun.

And a heads up on Woodsboro, don't throw your discs in the woods out there. The underbrush is so overgrown and thick you will probably lose any disc that goes in there.

I like long putts from behind things or blind when you can't actually see where you made it. But when those chains sound you know it went in.

The 160' Ace.
I've had two of them--though one was a skipper. Someone told me that didn't count. showed him the scorecard and said, "F**k Off."

I hit an anhyzer line this weekend that I've never been able to hit before. It's a 265 foot hole that has a 'runway' of trees that you shot out of, then make a hard right to the basket. I've been trying to stick that line forever, and finally nailed with with my Z Buzzz yesterday. I was still 30-40 feet from the basket, but that felt pretty damn good.

Deep in the schule halfway to the pin on the old #7 at Oak Grove. No overhand route, no hyzer route, no annie route, no route anywhere AT ALL except through this itty bitty tiny little window - I swear, it was maybe 2x2 feet - 50 feet away. I could see the basket through this window, which made it about 100 feet, dead nuts straight.

Not really a putt, of course, but me and my ROC made it :D

gotta be the ace, I haven't hit one yet. Came close today hole #11 at Joseph Davis Park in Lewiston NY hit the bottom of the basket, 4" higher and I would have had my first ace

Well judged flex shot on a blind basket that slaloms the trees perfectly.:thmbup:

Taking a righthand turn around the first tree and then fading for a hard left around a second tree. You're getting 3 or 4 directions of flight on one shot and judging all of it well is impressive to watch no matter who you are.

Last edited:
Parking hole #7 at Flip City. The gallery thinks all it takes is a well placed hard and high RHBH hyzer (or some wicked creative roller).....and that this LHBH player will be a stroke or 2 down after this hole. But I have the pad after acing hole 6, so I step up to the pad and I rip my beat-in yellow Pro TL on a slight hyzer line with a little nose-up air-bounce. It stands up at the window in the trees 25' above the valley floor and continues to flip as it is still rising.......and then flattens out and glides in and lands just 15' below the pin for a slammin uphill putt.

....and that right there is why it is called "Flip" City!

I threw a roller about 300' up a hill yesterday into a well-guarded grove of trees to the pin. That disc must have danced around 5 or 6 trees before cutting right to the basket. An easy birdie opp and a very exhilarating shot. I'd have to go with this option.

Last edited:
i will have to say a great recover shot after a bad drive it cane save your round.

i will have to say a great recover shot after a bad drive it cane save your round.

I would agree with you, but I have a lot of bad drives with nice recovers so they have lost there luster to me. :doh:

A perfectly performed turnover shot is something special.

\/\/

Would have picked that option.

I took the upshot after a bad drive. Upshots used to be the worst part of my game until the last 6 months. My old home course was too tight and short to ever practice any realistic upshots. Now it's possibly one of the best parts of my game. It's funny because a few of the holes here are upshots off the tee. If I cared about my ace count and tried to ace em all the time I would be in the 100's by this time next year.

A finessed hyzer flip to dead-straight midrange shot. There's just something that's so damned sexy about watching a disc get released on an angle and end up heading straight at the pin.

Latest posts