• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Most Gratifying Shot

Which shot makes you feel the hottest?

• 160' Ace

Votes: 35 21.0%
  • 500' Roller for an easy par

Votes: 8 4.8%
  • 100' Dead-nuts straight putt

Votes: 61 36.5%
  • 260' Off-hand/sidearm gimmie bird

Votes: 6 3.6%
  • Tough 260' up after a bad drive for easy par

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • >100' Tight, get-out-of-trouble technical roller

Votes: 5 3.0%
  • 150' Scoobie park job going under super low branches

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Making the narrow double mando at 260' on a 400' hole

Votes: 6 3.6%
  • Hammering the top of the basket on a 240' downhill hole with an overhand

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Any time I don't go OB

Votes: 11 6.6%

• Total voters
Even though it's not an option (so I can't vote), by FAR the best is / are the one(s) when you're explaining to a newbie a shot you KNOW they've never even thought of - and pulling it off "just as you've described it" right after you did so. And the look they give you like 'WOW, I never would've even thought of doing that' followed by a slight change in look to one of 'Hey, he's human and I'm human...so I COULD do the same' And you know you've hooked another (on the sport)!

Karl

Ps: Of course you have to pull it off...otherwise you look like a doof.

I voted ace - based on my estimation that I would go crazy getting my first ace. Otherwise- 100ft + putts.

My only Ace was actually a 159' uphill throw that went dead-nuts straight for 155' and then just kind of faded into the chains.
I LOVE making 100' putts, but go CRAZY for Aces.

im talking a TOUGH par. THIS par:

825fdff6.jpg

6fff4481.jpg

that's a tough par for you? Man, you better keep practicing.

story of my life. :p

its permanently in the long position. ive made par on that one maybe 4 times in the 5 years ive played it regularly.

story of my life. :p

its permanently in the long position. ive made par on that one maybe 4 times in the 5 years ive played it regularly.

I know the feeling. There's a 300' hole in Virginia that i've played maybe 25 times. In the B position, i've birdied it every time i've played it (3-4 times). In the A position, which is the same distance off the same fairway, i've never birdied it.

A 700' par-3 is a STUPID PAR-3 (although it looks like a really nice par-4). If Sandstrom can't ace it it's not a par-3 (and even HE would have a devil of a time with this one ;) ).

Karl

I like the long putts you sink. However I really enjoy parking my disc right under the basket from 250 out after a bad drive. I have done this several times and enjoy walking the distance to the basket knowing that I just pick up the disc and drop it in from a few feet out.

The shot that is just the most exciting to me is making that impossible putt. Maybe you have to shape it through the trees making multiple turns or maybe just one huge anhyzer from like 50ft away. Or the Putt that is a moderate range downhill putt where your feet are 10 feet above the top of the basket.

100' putt - because that is the only shot on the list I spend much time working on. I played a lot with players who had 100' in D on me, so I need to make my fair share of 50-120' putts (while leaving the comebacker less than 20' away when I missed) to even have a chance at staying competitive on certain courses.

the long putt has to be at the top for me, I will get a 50 ft plus putt every couple rounds and that is always a round changer, or at least motivation to make another big shot. Aces are amazing but they happen so randomly, and as already said most of my aces (if not all) came at a time when i was trying to park the hole and had it not gone in i would have struggled to get the birdie.

I like upshots from a lie that looks impossible when I can find an off-line window and then nail it.

My fav is a low-ceiling hyzer that kind of skids around whatever's in the way, hits short, flips up on edge and circles around the pin before laying down. Sweet :)

I voted for that roller get out of trouble shot. Those get out of trouble save a par shots always seem to pump me up. Just about anyone can hit an ace on a certain course here or there but it takes true skill.....and a little luck to make a really good par save out of some deep $hit