• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Most holes in 24 hour record..

Nims Park, in Illinois, is the place to do this; if there are no restrictions on length. I like the unique hole idea better. Something along the lines of what Olorin and the N.C. boys do during the great eight. How many different holes can you play in a day? A buddy or two may be trying this one out next year. They may also be convinced to use Nims for the pure holes played record. But, neither are internet savvy; so, I may be forced to do this end of things (and I'm not THAT internet savvy myself :)); if they give these records a go.

I think the 9 hole course I will be playing should be the minimum length. There's not a hole UNDER 230. Should be fun.

i think thats a legit average distance per hole so you won't here anyone saying it was some baby course. however, i don't think that it really matters as long as the record is set on a permanent course. there are some courses that there would be slight advantage but this is a record for the number of holes played and not a total distance played record.....that could be something separate.

Looks like I will be shooting to plus 1 Olorin for 1115 holes played in 24 hours then :). Thanks Bikin Jack for making me read the rest of that thread, I kept looking in there and trying to find any posts by Olorin on the subject, but couldn't. I did the math on it and it comes out to 123.66666667 rounds on a 9 hole course, so looks like I'll be shooting for 125-140 rounds played.

I can't wait, I'm already trying to figure out how I'm going to deal with going in to work at 6am the day after getting done with this lol :rolleyes:

Nims Park, in Illinois, is the place to do this; if there are no restrictions on length. I like the unique hole idea better. Something along the lines of what Olorin and the N.C. boys do during the great eight. How many different holes can you play in a day? A buddy or two may be trying this one out next year. They may also be convinced to use Nims for the pure holes played record. But, neither are internet savvy; so, I may be forced to do this end of things (and I'm not THAT internet savvy myself :)); if they give these records a go.

I would like to try it at Nims also. I guarantee that will be the best place to hold the record . . . so if you are going to try and set the record you might as well go there to do it. I know DGCR doesnt have the distances listed and I am pissed I forgot to write them down but I think the average is like 100-120' an the longest is like 180'

I like the unique hole idea better. Something along the lines of what Olorin and the N.C. boys do during the great eight. How many different holes can you play in a day?
Just think if people DGCR members from around the country all did this on a designated day... it could be huge. Maybe call it the World Series of DG.
Either unique holes played or more interestingly,unique holes multiplied by course rating.
Otherwise, it's just a contest of who can find the shortest course...

i wonder how many more times this is going to be said in this thread. so far im counting 5+.
I don't know, but it bears repeating. I'm putting my money on the Tiki course at the Grange.

Even though Nims is short and efficient in some ways, I think the elevation, as small is it might be, and all of trees, which will cause deflections that waste time, are drawbacks as an ideal site.

I want to wish SmoothSailor lots of luck and if you need any other info, please don't hesitate to ask. BTW, I did get my certificate from Guinness and will try and post a picture tomorrow on one of these threads.

Even though Nims is short and efficient in some ways, I think the elevation, as small is it might be, and all of trees, which will cause deflections that waste time, are drawbacks as an ideal site.

True, but the lack of any walking at all between pin and next tee helps make up for that, I don't think there are any tees outside the 10m circle of the previous basket.

Personally dude I think you are setting yourself up for a hard time if you try this on a course that is over 2x longer, has mandos and OB...it could turn into a real mess.

Sure, the first 10 rounds no problem hitting mandos and missing OB, but when you are 20 hours into it and your mind has completely shut down and you have more pain then stamina, energy, or clarity do you really think you will be able to work a line around a tree and stay off sidewalks?

Personally dude I think you are setting yourself up for a hard time if you try this on a course that is over 2x longer, has mandos and OB...it could turn into a real mess.

Sure, the first 10 rounds no problem hitting mandos and missing OB, but when you are 20 hours into it and your mind has completely shut down and you have more pain then stamina, energy, or clarity do you really think you will be able to work a line around a tree and stay off sidewalks?

It's all taken care of, I got the school and course designer to agree to putting in new tee pads to help eliminate some of the OB and Mandos. Those will be posted on the course page when they are designated and installed.

As for some news with this record attempt, my info pack from Guiness World Records came in the e-mail box today. I've only downloaded the pack so far, I haven't even read the first page passed the e-mail yet. I just got re-excited about this :).

Straight out of the e-mail.
The current record (current as at the date of this letter) is:
The most disc golf holes played in 24 hours was 1,002 by Donovan Baker (USA) at Tommy and Sue Brown Park course in North Richland Hills, Texas, USA, from 24-25 June 2010. Donovan completed 167 rounds of the 6-hole course, making a total of 3,063 throws of a disc and walking an estimated 45 miles.

I wonder why they don't have the guys from TX who did 1035 or Olorin who did 1114?