• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Most holes in 24 hour record..

SmoothSailor

* Ace Member *
I've been reading a lot about people playing so many holes in 24 hours and such, there is a nice open 9 holer across the street from my local 18 that would work well for this. The last crew to break the record had to play 115 rounds for 1035 holes.

I bet I can beat it. Anyone want to come help carry my bag around and help me get any necessities I might need during the day/night?

I'm seriously thinking of making a run at this but won't be ready to do it until at least April when there would be more daylight hours than night hours.

That's not the current record. Olorin broke it later this year. Look for the info in another thread on here.

I know of a nice little 18. Plan on breaking the record in the begining of summer 2011. I wont need a bag, cause I will only use 1 disc. I have played while running and have played 800 holes in 11 hours. The 1035 holes has already been beat by like 80. I suggest if you are going to set a record, try to get sponsors involved and raise money for a charity or something. Have local businesses donate $0.25 per hole. Good luck!

I know of a nice little 18. Plan on breaking the record in the begining of summer 2011. I wont need a bag, cause I will only use 1 disc. I have played while running and have played 800 holes in 11 hours. The 1035 holes has already been beat by like 80. I suggest if you are going to set a record, try to get sponsors involved and raise money for a charity or something. Have local businesses donate $0.25 per hole. Good luck!

Nims Park?

Here is the thread (posted by Olorin) that highlights Donovan's world record achieved earlier this year.

The bar has been set SmoothSailor and jpacetime. Best of luck.

yeah that's the old record at 1,002 holes played in 24 hours. i'm talking about the new record of 1,035 holes set by Dan and Tom Schnable and Joe Jensen at the disc golf course at the Wabun Picnic Area in Minnehaha Park in Minneapolis, MN.

Quoted from DiscGolfer Mag- "This was 33 holes more than the old record that was set in Fort Worth, TX, June 24, 2010, by Donavan Baker."

Donavan played 113 rounds, these guys played 115 rounds, i'm going to play at least 116 rounds.

I need to plan for a day that won't be too wet, cold, hot, not too much dark, just enough daylight. I also need some people to walk/run the course with me so I don't just quit. I'm going to try to get the local papers out to cover it and I will definitely be trying to get sponsors and donate to a local charity or food drive.

Any help or ideas are greatly appreciated.

jpacetime - do you want to do this together? i know it's great to have all the glory and all, but we could really work to each others' advantages with motivation and whatnot. :hfive:

does someone have their math waaaaaaaaaaay wrong or has donovan's record already been beaten??

The current record for most holes played is on a course that averages 139 feet per hole. At some point, it will be necessary to segment this record by average hole length (more than 100', more than 200', more than 300'), or else it'll just be a search for the world's flattest, shortest course.

The current record for most holes played is on a course that averages 139 feet per hole. At some point, it will be necessary to segment this record by average hole length (more than 100', more than 200', more than 300'), or else it'll just be a search for the world's flattest, shortest course.

Winton Woods in Cincinnati. I play those 18 in 20 minutes at lunch time. The 2 longest holes are about 275' and it's all flat.

Don't forget treeless-est, waterless-est, and windless-est, and most efficient routing.

This is the course I will be playing Kent State Trumbull in Warren OH across the road from Young's Run.

The course is 2880 ft. playing from the white tee on hole 8. There was a tight right hook on hole 5 from a long row of tall commanding bushes, but the campus decided to cut those bushes down for whatever reason, so it will make it easier for me to get through that hole.

I'm hoping to run an average of 5-7 rounds per hour so I will be able to take 30 minute breaks after playing so many hours. I would like to be at 100 rounds by my 21st hour. I'm not sure what time I will be starting, but I will probably make a run at starting somewhere around 6:00pm EST. I will be there to start setting up the lights for the night rounds at about 4pm so I can get them all in locations I will need to have them in for the water that comes in to play.

I'm also thinking about having someone there with a lap top and wireless internet so they can take videos and pictures and do a live update here and on a specific website.

This course is definitely flat, there are some road OB and some mandos, but I'm pretty sure I can get through them all if I get some daylight rounds in before the night rounds and get my body used to throwing off of each tee. I figure by the end of the 24 hours, I will know the discs I have been throwing so well I'll be able to pull them out of the bag on any hole with the utmost confidence.

What kinds of snacks and support should I have and do you think I should have more than one table set up at different holes? I was planning on having a table set up at hole 1 with snacks, water, my bag of discs, literature for passersby, chairs for rest, shoes, socks, shirts, hoodies, etc.

Any kinds of ideas are definitely a help. Where's Olorin and Donavan to shed some light on how they did it?

Rip Van,

Agreed fully.
Somewhat similar (to a speed record) is one of playing a ball golf round by "throwing a golf ball around the course" in the least strokes.
The Guinness World Record for this was done on a course of 18 holes which totaled over 6,000yards in length (thus precluding someone from throwing an executive course, etc.).
So we (in dg) will have to come up with some similar "minimum length" (for it to mean anything).

Karl

What are the requirements (if any) for a course to be used for any record-setting attempts? Is there a minimum required length for a course to be deemed acceptable? Does a person have to try/maintain a certain score, i.e the person is actually trying to get a low score vs just throwing a disc?

There's a 9-holer close to Winthrop, Fewell Park in Rock Hill, that's 1150 feet (less than 130 per hole), which could easily be used to break a record. There's almost no walking between holes, and you can easily play with only 1 disc. I've played 36 holes in just over 30 minutes, and that included stopping to write down my scores. A person could essentially walk & throw, walk & throw, walk & tap in for par 3.

What are the requirements (if any) for a course to be used for any record-setting attempts? Is there a minimum required length for a course to be deemed acceptable? Does a person have to try/maintain a certain score, i.e the person is actually trying to get a low score vs just throwing a disc?

There's a 9-holer close to Winthrop, Fewell Park in Rock Hill, that's 1150 feet (less than 130 per hole), which could easily be used to break a record. There's almost no walking between holes, and you can easily play with only 1 disc. I've played 36 holes in just over 30 minutes, and that included stopping to write down my scores. A person could essentially walk & throw, walk & throw, walk & tap in for par 3.

The guys who did this for 1035 did it on a 9 hole course that measures less than 1700ft. I'm going at it on a 2850ft. not including the walking distance between pin and tee pad.

For all you folks not paying attention, Lowe Bibby, aka Olorin, set the record at Beth Schmidt Park in Elon, NC, on September 19th, 2010.

He played from 12:00 noon Sat 9/18 to 12:00 noon on Sunday 9/19 and 1114 holes. That is the most recent record.

For further confirmation, please read the thread linked by klay in post #4. The whole thread.

Latest posts