• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Help] Most OS Suspect or Verdict?

jjmiller

Eagle Member
For anyone that has thrown several of them, what's the best bet for most overstable Suspect or Verdict?

I currently have a Lucid 179 Verdict that doesn't seem any different than the couple of Bios I've had in the past, and a Lucid 174 Suspect that's the only one I've ever thrown. Just wondering if there are any safe bets on a version of either that might have a bit more beef.

I bag both and find the Verdict to be the more overstable and to have a stronger finish.

I should add I find the Verdict somewhat faster. I use the Suspect more often, especially for approach shots.

I've only thrown a handful Verdicts but they've all been similar. You could try a Hornet...I know it's a different disc but it's basically a more stable Verdict. It has a little less glide but it's very familiar in flight and throw style.

Just realized I misread the question. Thought it was comparing Verdict to Suspect. As to which type of each is the most overstable, my lucid versions are more overstable than my BioFuzions.

Every Verdict I've thrown has started off at essentially an identical stability. Moonshine, hybrid, fuzion, biofuzion, doesn't matter. A Verdict is a Verdict when fresh, in my experience. Bios will season in pretty quickly though and become similar to a fresh Emac.

Just realized I misread the question. Thought it was comparing Verdict to Suspect. As to which type of each is the most overstable, my lucid versions are more overstable than my BioFuzions.

Yeah, I thought of the title's potential to be misread after I posted, but couldn't edit it. Sorry.

Every Verdict I've thrown has started off at essentially an identical stability. Moonshine, hybrid, fuzion, biofuzion, doesn't matter. A Verdict is a Verdict when fresh, in my experience. Bios will season in pretty quickly though and become similar to a fresh Emac.

That's kinda what I was expecting, based on the few I've seen/thrown. Guess I was hoping maybe a moonshine or hybrid might somehow have some more beef, even if they don't seem flatter or stiffer.

I've only thrown a handful Verdicts but they've all been similar. You could try a Hornet...I know it's a different disc but it's basically a more stable Verdict. It has a little less glide but it's very familiar in flight and throw style.

I've actually got a couple Hornets. You're right, they're very similar. But the Hornet doesn't quite do it. A really flat and stiff Hornet would probably be exactly what I'm looking for as well, but they don't exist and the mold is OOP.

I've been throwing this Lucid Suspect and Verdict for really straight forehands lately. They're both close to perfect- almost as OS as a Zone for that really straight finish, but with a decent amount more glide/carry than the one Zone I have. For some reason, that Zone really seems to just drop out of the air.

I've been throwing this Lucid Suspect and Verdict for really straight forehands lately. They're both close to perfect- almost as OS as a Zone for that really straight finish, but with a decent amount more glide/carry than the one Zone I have. For some reason, that Zone really seems to just drop out of the air.

Yeah I agree with that...Verdict will kind of turn on FH but is longer and easier to FH lower lines than the Zone. Definitely more glide and forward push on the ground.

I've only thrown a Mortar once on FH but it seemed ideal for that longer than Zone shot but more trust than Verdict. It kind of met in the middle between those two. I just think from the few Verdicts I've thrown and their super glidey characteristics that the Verdict just isn't beefy enough for what you're asking.

I've also thrown a couple Suspects that ranged from basically a Harp/Zone stability to really straight. So I don't doubt you could find a Suspect that does what you want but I have no idea how to pick it or generalize on them.

So I don't doubt you could find a Suspect that does what you want but I have no idea how to pick it or generalize on them.

That's basically what I was hoping someone might have some info on. Like, the only two Bio Felons I've seen were noticeably flatter/stiffer than the Lucids I've thrown. I didn't throw the Bios to verify, but I bet they'd be more OS. Or, strangely, it seems like I've read about some discs that somehow mold up more overstable at a certain weight that's under max weight- and the most OS Firebird and Destroyer I've ever thrown were both 167's.

So, if anyone happens to know of a particular plastic/weight/color/run of Suspect or Verdict that happens to tend towards a little extra stability, I'd love to know about them.

FWIW when asked what she wanted her 5x signature disc to be Paige Pierce said she was considering 3, a classic blend marshal, a lucid x suspect and a lucid x verdict.

FWIW when asked what she wanted her 5x signature disc to be Paige Pierce said she was considering 3, a classic blend marshal, a lucid x suspect and a lucid x verdict.

Lucid-X Verdict would be sweet! I've also always wondered why Lucid-X Emacs are so scarce.

Fwiw I originally replaced a hornet that I lost with a lucid verdict and loved it. I saw a few lighter z hornets for sale and bought them and tried them for a while but they turn over more than my old hornet or the verdict. But now I prefer an mvp deflector over both because it seems more forgiving on fh flex with poor technique

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ATTENTION: Lucid-X Verdicts are now officially a thing! All these new Lucid-X releases are making me rethink my Christmas wish list.